The exercise thread.

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
MrsEss

Re: The exercise thread.

Post by MrsEss » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:52 am

The fact I still wobble is disappointing. I'm putting this down to only doing low impact cardio though. I know I've been saying for ages I'm gonna get the Mr to put the X trainer back up....all his tools are at a friends house though so atm no joy. My spine/hips/knees do not appreciate things like running or jumping up & down like a loon.

Anyway, Ima keep at it though as callanetics is the only thing that helps me function without being in agony for the majority of every day.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:09 am

Usual sorta stuff for me this last week...had a massive weight loss last week also, which is probably due partly to my mad early morning exercise bike antics :lol:

zaea

Post by zaea » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:47 am

Callanetics be kickin my ass. But in a good way. I'm finally passed the warm-ups without being in agony.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:13 pm

I've done 40 mins of Step this morning, and a 10 minute abs stint, followed by 40 minutes of lower body torture, all with my limbs weighted. It was hard but I completed it. And now I can't unclench my arse. Result.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Can someone please tell me if this is the right callanetics dvd?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Callanetics-D ... _953wt_952

I'm dying to add some callanetics into my workout routine (probably first thing in the morning every day) since reading this thread, but not sure which one is the dvd that everyone on here is following?

Thanks all!
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:10 pm

That's the one! :)

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Awesome! That's next on my eBay purchase list then! Can't wait to start it!

I never thought I'd be saying I can't wait to do exercise!!! Hahaha!
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:30 pm

:lol: I'm losing the excitement with the must work out like a loon everyday before my wedding right now! hehe

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:28 pm

You've done really well so far with all the weight you've lost though! How long until the wedding?

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Just bought my callanetics DVD! Woohoo! Can't wait for it to arrive so I can give it a go!

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:21 pm

I'm feeling a bit disheartened. I've exercised for approx 1hr a day for 5 out of the last 7 (My OH made me have rest days as my illness was beginning to flare), I've also been eating well (not dieting as such, just cutting out the snacking & eating 'properly') and I haven't made a difference at all on the scales.

I know I won't necessarily be seeing instant results - but goddamn it I wanted to!! It would've been the boost I needed to keep at it!

Oh well, back to the pool tomorrow I guess. Here's hoping the pool doesn't empty when I jump in! :oops:

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:51 am

Kelsie, don't be disheartened. My recent exercise binge has seen me gain weight on the scales but lose inches everywhere. I have also managed to lift my arse a good couple of inches and I now look like something from a crudely-drawn cartoon.

I'm pleased with the difference it's all made. This morning, I have done a workout DVD that left me purple and retching when I first started it. Today I barely broke a sweat, despite doing it with my limbs weighted throughout. What used to be an hour of ritualised torture has become 60 minutes of gentle aerobics.

Not bad for an old bird.

Gracey xx

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Little Wicked wrote:You've done really well so far with all the weight you've lost though! How long until the wedding?
Thank you :D and mid November, so I have a little more time. Been doing the usual so far this week, bike and running.

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Thought I'd share my excitement, my sister has bought me an early birthday present, pole dancing lessons!
I am so excited but I am trying to tone up a bit before I go, a lot of the girls I see going in and out are so slim :/
Been exercising as much as possible (but have been so ill the past week)
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:48 am

Slacky slacker is slacking
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:42 pm

I'd love to be able to afford pole dancing lessons again. I only did it before because I got mates rates. It is incredibly hard work and expect to not be able to move AT ALL the day after. It's seriously good fun though.

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Th whole reason I want to pole dance is for the core-strength it will give. I want to be able to hang upside down holding on only using my inner thighs. And it's great for toning up!
I'm going to wait for my sister to pay for her sessions then go along in december time. I'm mega excited!
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:29 pm

I've never tried pole dancing (not officially anyway; there may have been late-night incidents but nothing proper) but I always look at it and think how difficut it must be. My daughter trains gymnastics alongside junior members of Team GB though and, even at that level, a lot of the work they do is to build strength in order that they can do what's required of them.

There is a lady who works in the tattooist above my shop who takes pole dancing lessons, and she regularly has major bruising to show off.

I intend on doing some 'tics this evening, and hopefully an hour of aerobics in the morning. Then that's it; the bikini bod will be hitting the beaches of Turkey in all its dubious glory. Suddenly, I am not quite as confident as I had been.

Gracey xx

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:04 pm

My callanetics DVD arrived this morning, so I'll be adding that into my schedule as of Monday (Saturday is now my day off, and Sunday is weights at the gym). New schedule is this:

Monday morning - callanetics. Monday evening - toning weights session at the gym.
Tuesday morning - jogging
Wednesday eveing - 45 mins. pilates class, then 45 mins. jazz dance class (both at the same studio, I get a discount for doing both)
Thursday morning - callanetics. Thursday evening - cardio session at the gym - 40 mins high intensity interval training (alternating 2 mins. high intensity with 2 mins medium intensity)
Friday morning - callanetics. Friday evening - toning weight session at the gym.
Saturday - day off
Sunday - weight training with my husband at the gym.

I'm quite looking forward to changing the schedule around a bit and doing some new bits!

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:35 am

Louie i would recommend you build up some strength in your arms if you have time before you start pole dancing lessons. I did them a few years ago and struggled the first few sessions because my arms were weak. They certainly wernt by the end of it! :lol:

Be prepared to ache and have bruises all over, but its good fun and when you finally start being able to do the moves it feels great! Watch out for a move called the diamond turn. The first time i did it i had to strap my wrist up for a week!

Well, ive lost an inch off everywhere apart from my arms and legs. I know that can be fixed by doing more callanetics so thats the aim of next week. Im a 29 year old lady now so its about time i took things seriously :lol:

I would like to do more exercise but im unsure what else i can do without causing aggro to my knee.
Any ideas?
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Thanks for the advice Lisa! I'll try and work on my arms, they sure do need them :P

I've been swimming today. First time in two weeks I've managed to go.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:50 pm

This. wow. No words.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:28 pm

I've seen that before, and I'm still as awed now as I was the first time. That is why I respect people who are good at pole dancing.. I can't imagine how much strength and control it takes to do that.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:35 am

Some pole dancers just take my breath away. Seriously, I just stare at them in awe. The guy that was on America's Got Talent had some of the best moves I've seen.

So I have a new exercise routine and its working. I've worked 28 hours in the past four days and lost 5lbs. I've also managed to tone up my legs amazingly. Shame my feet still hurt. :( However, if the weight loss carries on, its an awesome incentive to just push on. And I get paid. Yay. :D
*Rule Obsessor*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:43 am

Good stuff!

I'm hoping being on my feet & wandering about at work will help me too. I really need to do some tics, I haven't done an for ages.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”