Lush lovers unite

zaea

Re: Lush lovers unite

Post by zaea » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:13 pm

I use the Ayesha (I think that is how it's spelled) face mask and love it. Definitely gives firming results, and quick! I also use the Angels on Bare Skin cleanser/exfoliant.

I just discovered Lush not too long ago. I will say the Rehab shampoo has done wonderful things to my hair when it is not in dreads.

The American cream conditioner smells soooooo good, the only downside of it is my cats really like it so I get harassed all day x_x

I've been using Ultrabalm to try and get rid of a bad eczema patch underneath the waterline on my right eye. So far it seems to be helping.

I've also bought the Little Green Bag and have used everything but the shampoo and conditioner bars. [somehow I think that would be difficult to use with dreads in] I will definitely be getting more of the Sea Vegetable soap and the Each Peach massage bars. The sugar scrub I've already had before and loved it!

My fiance uses the dirty springwash for body wash/shampoo and I've gotten him addicted to the sugar scrubs and foot scrubs. He comes home from work covered in coal and it needs to be scrubbed out, and his feet get terrible callouses on them. >>

I also have two other massage bars, Mange Too and another one I can't remember the name of and it isn't listed on the site. :c

Lush is win.

I want to get some Ocean Salt, I got samples of it and not only does it last FOREVER, it works really well! I am also considering buying Vanishing Cream, and the Creamed Almond and Coconut shower smoothie.

somekindafreak

Post by somekindafreak » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Vanishing cream is the moisturiser I use. It lasts ages and is fab so I don't mind spending the £16 quid it costs :) Although it did only use to cost £12!
Indecisive army FTW

"So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways..."

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:10 pm

I umm, have posted my collection on the Lush AU/NZ forums... I've become a bit... Obsessed, no?
ADDED NEW: 31/7/11
I'm still a newbie at Lush :P NOT ANYMORE!
My skin type is dry and slightly sensitive. I sometimes get pimples (like most people) and blackheads on my face and mild eczema on my body (thank goodness, never on my face!). I have yet to find any Lush products that give me allergic reactions :)

Full products:
Angels On Bare Skin - 5/5 - Super gentle and reviving cleanser, good for my skin. I'm already up to my third tub!
Breath Of Fresh Air - 4/5 - Makes moisturiser go on easier, smells great, tightens my skin a bit.
Cosmetic Lad - 5/5 - I know I'm a girl, but this moisturiser is perfect for me. Non-greasy and keeps my skin hydrated for literally days. It lasts ages too. I still have what I bought in november :O
Solid Perfume "Lust" - 4/5 - Smells great, lasts ages on the skin, but because I'm so fair, I get red dots where ever I put it! :lol:
Wiccy Magic Massage Bar - 3/5 - The aduki beans make for a nice massage ;) Mum and dad hate the smell, however :(
Each Peach Massage Bar - 4/5 - Leaves me smelling great! Does feel greasy at first, but once soaked in, feels soft.
H'saun Wen Hua - 4/5 - Makes my hair soft as, soothes the scalp but strips out my neon orange hair colour. I do tolerate the smell, but I'm not fond of it.
None Of Your Beeswax - 5/5 - Perfect lip balm for everyday use. Smells great. Have had chapped lips as of late, they are now completely healed!

Samples:
Coal Face Cleanser - 3/5 - Dries my skin out a bit, but helps get rid of the crap that accumulates on my face though haha. Edit: REMOVES MAKEUP REALLY WELL.
Noubar Soap - 5/5 - Doesn't dry out my skin, gets rid of cigarette smell quite easily too.
Coolaulin - 2/5 - Wasn't moisturising enough for my hair :(
Snow Fairy - 2/5 - Not my cup of tea. Too heavily scented.
Charlotte Island - N/A - Haven't tried it yet as I'm not into bronzers. Smells really good though!
Tiny Hands - 4/5 - Extremely softening. A huge thanks to Izzie at Lush Bondi Junction for the hand massage!

NEW STUFF!!!

Lush QVB Green VIP night haul:
Green theme gift:
Lovebirds Soap - N/A - Yet to try.

Bought for the first time:
Seanik solid shampoo 2/5 - Cleans my hair a little too well and matts it up a fair bit, takes a lot of conditioner to smooth it out.
Sweetie Pie shower jelly - 5/5 - I love the smell and feeling of it. At first, I unfortunately thought I was reacting badly to it when I started getting rashes around the outside of my new tattoo, but it has all healed, so I know it's not from this. *Relief*
The Sacred Truth - 3/5 - Felt relaxing, tightened the skin up a bit.

Lucky dip prizes for bingo:
Dark Angels - N/A - Not for my skin type, but I gave it to a friend who absolutely loves it!
Bathos Bubble Bar - 4/5 - I don't fit into my bathtub, so broke off a piece and chucked it into a small tub for a pedicure.

Samples:
Cupcake - N/A - Made fresh in store by Josey! It's not for my skin type, so I gave it to the same friend of whom I gave Dark Angels to.
Demon In The Dark Soap - N/A - Yet to try.

Christmas in July haul:
Christmas in July theme gift:
Good Karma box with Karma Soap and Happy Hippy shower gel. Have yet to try either.

Restocked on:
Cosmetic Lad (it works!)

Bought for the first time:
Oatfix fresh mask - 4/5 - Used it as soon as I got home, felt like breakfast on my face! Very nutritious. Doesn't taste too good though, lol.
Full of Grace - 5/5 - This is the best stuff I have ever used, kudos to Pablo for using it in my facial at the Green VIP night!
Maple Taffy - 3/5 - I really, really like the smell! I love pancakes. NOM.

Misc:
Massage Bar Tin (smallest tin in stock)

Samples:
Glogg - N/A - Yet to try.
American Cream - N/A - Yet to try.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:05 pm

So er, after staying at Jo's (iamtheparty) house last night I came home with a carrier bag full of various bits and bobs including a bar of Angel's Delight and a Gingerbread House which I am most looking forward to using.

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Tonight I'm having a cherry scented bath with the limited edition Batty Cake bubble bar from a while back, and a Happy Blooming bath melt. Then I'm going to smother myself in Skin Sin, a cherry body lotion. I'm going to smell completely edible :)
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:12 pm

I have another VIP party on wednesday! It's Hanami themed to welcome spring! I hope the staff liked my ideas for cherry/spring themed munchies!
I have a feeling I am going to be spending about $100. Not to mention the 10% off voucher I have, the 5 black pots for a free fresh mask, plus however many samples I'll end up coming home with that night haha.

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:13 pm

Hey girls thought it'd announce two firsts. Today i bought my first perfume, and my first Lush item! I got Tuca Tuca :D Sooo yummy!

Marshmallowmassacre

Post by Marshmallowmassacre » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:47 am

I'm a giant fan of the fairy godmother soap that they have just come out with, it smells like marshmallows and is filled with gorgeous purpley glitter! I also just recently bought the twilight and dragons egg bath bombs and was pleasantly surprised when I got to the center of each, they both smelled wonderful. My all time favorite lush product is the bubble bath bar, comforter it makes my bath pink and is all natural so I don't have to worry about it irritating me!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 am

Monique_marion_may wrote:Hey girls thought it'd announce two firsts. Today i bought my first perfume, and my first Lush item! I got Tuca Tuca :D Sooo yummy!
I just heard Tuca Tuca was being discontinued :i4:

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:45 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:
Monique_marion_may wrote:Hey girls thought it'd announce two firsts. Today i bought my first perfume, and my first Lush item! I got Tuca Tuca :D Sooo yummy!
I just heard Tuca Tuca was being discontinued :i4:
THIS BETTER NOT BE TRUE!! :'(

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:30 pm

Well, I'm a trainee manager at Lush and I haven't heard anything to that effect :)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:21 am

It's a rumour that somebody posted on the AU/NZ Lush forums that they read on the international forums.
I hope they're wrong!!!

Anywho, I'm excited, Lush VIP night tonight!

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:40 am

The discon list is supposed to be as follows;

Strawberry Feels
Sakura
Summer Pudding
Ring Of Roses
Helping Hands
Tuca Tuca
Mange Too
Brimstone
toner tabs
keep it fluffy
Lemslip

but there are 16 new products coming, the big reveal is supposed to be today but who knows, they may keep everyone waiting even longer :lol:
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:26 am

We'll know soon enough! I had a whiff of Tuca Tuca again yesterday and was quite disgusted. Did not like the smell one bit! It's a shame Strawberry Feels is on the list, I bought one yesterday, it smells sooooo good! I should really get Mange Too as well, it smells so divine. It's a shame about Sakura, because it's so beautiful. I made my own one yesterday :(

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Everyone says bad things about tuca tuca online. The more horrible reviews i hear the more i doubt my own opinion of it :S They were all so positive about it in the shop! lol

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Monique_marion_may wrote:Everyone says bad things about tuca tuca online. The more horrible reviews i hear the more i doubt my own opinion of it :S They were all so positive about it in the shop! lol
Yes, but who cares what everyone else says? I don't like the smell of it, but you do! We have different noses, that's all!

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Oh yeah for sure hun, and i totally respect peoples varying opinion. But some of the review on the net descirbe it as worse then body odour, cat pee, staleness - just to name a few! lol I wouldnt like to think that's how other smell me!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:56 pm

It might smell different on, I guess. Just like Lust solid smells a bit llike pot pourri (I dislike sandalwood), but when on, it smells really gentle and fresh floral.

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:27 pm

I really liked Tuca Tuca when I sniffed it in store - but when I put it on I hated it! It just didn't smell right on me. Shame as I love Bathos and was hoping it would be like that.

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:56 pm

I love Tuca Tuca :) It definitely smells better on, as do all of the fragrances. Spraying them into the air or on a smelling stick really doesn't give you a true idea of how it smells.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:49 pm

You lucky lady, getting the think pink box! :D

I've cracked out the snow fairy early this year, and also gløgg. I wonder what Christmas goodies we'll get this year...

bstout

Post by bstout » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Hey, sort've a random request, and hopefully this is allowed, but is anybody in the US interested in a barely used pot of Herbalism and a bottle of Grease Lightning? I bought them about a month ago and they're both making me break out. I obviously can't return them at this point but was hoping to maybe get $20 or so if anyone wants them. Or, ideally, if someone lives close by a Lush and could maybe pick me up an alternate product instead? I live in South Dakota and so have always had to order online. Send me a PM if you might be interested!

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”