The exercise thread.

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Bomber

Re: The exercise thread.

Post by Bomber » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:21 am

Anybody here used kettlebells?

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:24 am

No, but I think it looks interesting!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:59 am

I've been slacking a bit recently; I've had a really stressful summer for one reason or another and have had very little time for concerted exercise. I've continued the callanetics of course but had to snatch odd hours here and there for a spot of aerobics.

But I have only six weeks until my holidays and my ebay watchlist consists of only bikinis and bags so today marked the start of a sincere toning effort, in time for the beach. I have just completed 90 mins of step, stomach and lower body workouts and here I sit; shaking, flushed and sweaty but pleased with myself.

Expect to be seeing more of me in here. Is anyone else still at it?
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:33 am

I've been slacking too, I think the summer holidays do not help. I mentioned a page ago the summer holidays consisted of me shovelling dirt, throwing concrete & various other garden tasks. Granted that was only about 2 weeks out of the 6 but still. heh.

I've started up again though, I began at the weekend. I'm a little puzzled as to why my stomach is an inch wider than it was, no where else has done this. I'm guessing it's evil IBS, evil Mirena or both. One I can fix, the other I have to live with.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:05 pm

I've been slacking a bit since I've been working, but I'm on my feet all day and I've tried to fit in some walking.

Back to weights and running when I'm back in Oslo. Eeep!

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:41 pm

ShadowThrone wrote:No, but I think it looks interesting!
Yeah, I can't do high impact cardio as my knees are borked and as they claim it's low impact cardio as well as muscle building and strengthening, and claims to strengthen joints it looks pretty much perfect.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:35 pm

The owner of the place I take my son kickboxing uses kettlebells. His knee is fubar, to the point where if he is working put he has a specially made brace to wear. He used them for all sorts, the weirdest one is commando crawling across the floor using them.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Pool day today.

50 lengths. Did about 25 to warm up too.
Got zumba tomorrow.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:35 am

Well done Louie.

I did some medicinal 'tics last night to change my sour face and have done one of my dvds this morning with weights. In lieu of the arrival of lots of swimwear in the post.

I'm finding thoughts of a fortnight in the Turkish sunshine to be an excellent tool, both in motivation to get off my arse and as a distraction while I'm doing it.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:41 am

I just wanna be less wobbly :P My constant feeling of bloat atm isn't helping :(

I'll be doing tics later today. I was aching yesterday from it, it felt awesome!!! Bring on the pert bottom! :lol:

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:52 pm

I've been avoiding this thread for a while.......I really need to get back into an exercise routine. I bought a groupon offer yesterday that gives me 10 day passes to my local gym (gym, pool & classes) for £15 - thought it was too good an offer not too! The vouchers are valid for 6 weeks and start tomorrow - so I thought swimming and some time in the jacuzzi tomorrow would be a good start!

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Right, well I've had a really good first week. I've just discovered my love of exercise! It took long enough, I've finally found some things that I enjoy doing and know will do me good.

Yesterday I did my first Zumba class. It bloody almost killed me, but I felt amazing afterwards! I can't wait for next week.
I wanted to go the pool today but it's school swim day at my local pool so I had to make do with a long walk (after finding out I couldn't swim lol) and then I did a half hour of mad dancing whilst doing the ironing... I'm not sure if it counts but oh well!
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Of course it still counts! It's burning calories! Seth & I had to run to catch the bus home tonight, wow. :lol: Luckily I managed it OK. I don't think I should take it up regularly though with my silly back & hips.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Hey look, after so long, I am back.
Have started actually doing things! I am doing half hour cardio half hour yoga or pilates a day atm. Its only been two days, but I'm trying!
I am doing the silly programmes on fitness tv and body in balance. Also starting a regular burlesque burn class next Tuesday! So looking forwards to that.

Hula hooping wise, its SO fun. I dont really have the room any more, but I love it. You need a large weighted hoop and a good soundtrack and you're away. I have a copy of Hoopnotica dvd which I havnt been able to try out yet. I did a four week class for basic moves and things. It really does get you working hard quick, but it doesnt feel like a big cardio workout.

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:03 am

I think i might try some callanetics today and see how my knee copes. There are certain moves i wont be able to do because i cant kneel yet but things like the behind and hips stuff will help because they are working my thigh muscle which has died a death. Once that muscle gets back to original strength i will have much more control over my knee and less chance of it collapsing again.
I just feel like i NEED to do something and tics seems like the gentlest thing to do.
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:19 am

It seems wise Lisa. I wanted to say yesterday but wasn't sure what the physio would want you to be doing, but I trained through every injury I ever carried. There was a kid in the gymnastics centre training with his arm in pot over the summer. I also did Callanetics right through pregnancy and actually used it as a calming device during early labour. I say avoid and unnatural strain on your knee and enjoy a relaxing bit of exercise.

Well done Mkatsi, keep us posted.

Gracey xx

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:36 am

Dropped James off at school then did a long walk home, basically going in the opposite direction then coming up a huge hill. Tried to keep a brisk pace and took no rests.

Was going to do some dancercise when I got home but my stomach is not happy. Will try and do it this evening instead.
Swimming tomorrow, though.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:52 pm

I woke up today full of the joys of nothing and decided to work out to banish the grouch that scowled back at me in the mirror. I did the stomach and back workout from my DVD and the lower body one, with wrist and ankle weights for resistance.

Usually I do those workouts after Step so I would expect to be aching tomorrow, having done them from cold. I bloody well hope I am anyway; no pain, no gain and the lower body one is a killer while you're doing it, even without the weights. Ten minutes of weighted inner-thigh isolations. If I don't feel that tomorrow I need to up my game.

It banished the miserable cow from the mirror though, so that's a proper plus. If she comes back before the day is out, I will tackle her with some 'tics.

Gracey xx

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Did my first hour of Callanentics just now, I'm sweating, but nothing seemed too difficult, it was similar to alot of the workouts we did for performance studies.
Which dvd do you guys use? I have the basic (ten years in ten hours) one.
I am dubious, but so many good reviews! I am eager to see if it makes any difference.

Going to move all the furniture and do some hooping now, its been a while, and I had a go at the circus tent at a food festival yesterday, and remembered how fun it was ;P

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Same one. I think most people use that one as I put it on megaupload.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:13 pm

ahah cool fair enough, I got it off filestube somewhere. :)

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Lots of walking today.
And lots of housework, including a lot of scrubbing.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 am

I've been exercising a lot and Operation Bikini Body is well underway.

I have been quite disappointed not to feel achey the day after anything as I love that burn. So today, I did both of my workout DVDs with weighted wrists and ankles.

If I don't wake up sore tomorrow morning, I may have to concede that I'm fitter than I think I am.

Gracey xx

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Right, Callinetics... how much weight am I really likely to gain?
I'm trying to lose about 2 stone at the moment, and maaaaany inches, I'm just worried if I see the number on the scales rising I'll spaz out!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:22 pm

I'm not sure doll. I've done it forever so it's hard to say.

I am 5'4" and wear a size 10. I weigh around 10 stone. After I had my youngest daughter, my weight dropped to around 7 stone and I was wearing an 8. In the past five years I have gained three stone (thankfully!) and only went up one dress size. I have done Callanetics habitually throughout. Maybe there is a mathematical equation in there somewhere?

Gracey xx

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”