comments about your hair by the general public

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Opiate

Re: comments about your hair by the general public

Post by Opiate » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:19 pm

poxabomination wrote:
And the orange foundation that stops at the chin and the eyebrows plucked to be shaped like brackets (like this [ ). Yet somehow these girls have the right to make fun of alternative chicks and society backs them up! I would never in a million years think of going up to one of them and telling them they sucked at hair and makeup. I feel kinda bad even talking about it here!
I come from an area where I am literally THE only alt person in town... in any form. Not even scene or indie kids live here D:
Either stopping at the chin or overly spray-tanned so they look like a terracotta warrior. That mixed with dead, limp bleached blonde hair. Ugh.
I almost feel like asking them if they've looked in the mirror before they pass judgement on someone else.. But then it would result in arguments and b*tch-slaps, and really, I'm not into that :P

Oh that sucks!! it's sort of the same here.. I work in an area of the city that's full of business types, and I look the exact opposite. It's fun though, I smile and dsay hi to people if they're staring. They get awkward :P
JessFACE
prying.open.my.third.eye
facebook.com/OpiateDreads-Custom Dreads and Cyberlox<3

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Rhaeniel wrote:Oh, good lord... that's just crap! It's not even hideous, it's just crap.. surely that's just 'I couldn't be bothered living today' hair?!
I KNOW! thats why I'm like WTF. That is the trendiest of trendy here. That and uggs and northface jackets. BLACK northface jackets. Literally it's like a uniform, I've never seen anything like it. literally, this SPECIFIC style and color of jacket
and this SPECIFIC boot
and either blue jeans or sweatpants. And you'll see groups of like 10 girls at the mall dressed in that. SPECIFIC. OUTFIT. WITH THAT HAIR. AND THEY MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE.
It blows my mind if you can't tell! I put so much effort into my hair and makeup and clothing ever single day, it may not be what you're in to but goddamnit I TRY and people who are into this style think I look good. There is absolutely no excuse. :evil:
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Opiate wrote:Either stopping at the chin or overly spray-tanned so they look like a terracotta warrior. That mixed with dead, limp bleached blonde hair. Ugh.
I almost feel like asking them if they've looked in the mirror before they pass judgement on someone else.. But then it would result in arguments and b*tch-slaps, and really, I'm not into that :P

Oh that sucks!! it's sort of the same here.. I work in an area of the city that's full of business types, and I look the exact opposite. It's fun though, I smile and dsay hi to people if they're staring. They get awkward :P
I laughed at the terracotta warrior statement :lol:
I play the staring game, where when I notice someone gawking, I make eye contact, smile, and keep eye contact with them until they look away in shame :lol: I win every time.

Opiate

Post by Opiate » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:42 pm

poxabomination wrote:
Opiate wrote:Either stopping at the chin or overly spray-tanned so they look like a terracotta warrior. That mixed with dead, limp bleached blonde hair. Ugh.

I laughed at the terracotta warrior statement :lol:
I play the staring game, where when I notice someone gawking, I make eye contact, smile, and keep eye contact with them until they look away in shame :lol: I win every time.
Hehehe it was a standing joke with my group of friends back home. For some reason, they seemed to turn up at every single hardcore show for a while to "OMG LYEK.. LETS HOOK UP WIT BOYS WIT TATTOOOOOZZZZZ"
Ugh. Nevermind the music, it's all about boys.

I've asked a few very obvious starers to keep staring coz I might do something interesting.
That tends to make them feel REALLY bad.
JessFACE
prying.open.my.third.eye

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Take a picture!! It lasts longer!!! :lol:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Opiate

Post by Opiate » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:00 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Take a picture!! It lasts longer!!! :lol:
I'd take a picture of you ;)
JessFACE
prying.open.my.third.eye

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:05 pm

Opiate wrote:
DreadstarMonstar wrote:Take a picture!! It lasts longer!!! :lol:
I'd take a picture of you ;)
d'aaaw fanx!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:07 am

hahaha the take a picture line is a classic :)
AHHHH AND the preppy girls that go to hardcore/punk/ska/metal shows just to hook up with the boys make me sick. I was actually about to post that in the " what grinds your gears" topic :lol: I hate that they'll go to YOUR territory and give you weird looks. WTH? I don't go to 'da club' and make fun of all the girls dancing to hip hop! And what makes you feel terrible is when all the hardcore/punk/ska/metal guys date these stereotypical, blonde busty girls who don't have anything to do with the music or style at all :/ As if it wasn't bad enough for us weird girls, our own kind doesn't even prefer us... :?

Zombiæ

Post by Zombiæ » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:53 am

At the moment I only had nice comments about my current hair.

My collegaes made some positive remarks about it, like "now we can tell by the colour of your hair which sex (typo?) you are!" and "you look like a pink cloud floating around here!". :lol: Both were well-meaned jokes and I can appriciate that ;)

Yesterday I also got a sweet little comment of a girl on the street in Antwerp, Belgium. She just ran up to me on the sidewalk, smiling brightly, and told me right there: "you have such beautiful hair, miss!" It was too cute :D even my husband started smiling after her compliment :mrgreen:
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:55 am

As for uggs..... don't get me started!
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:31 pm

poxabomination, is there some kind of wormhole that connects my town to yours? the girls sound exactly the same... o_0

i work in the gambling sector at the moment so i cant even begin to tell you about the horrors i see day in, day out, all hoping to win back a tenner after spending £40 on bingo books :roll:
i would never dream of leaving the house looking anything less than perfect!

i got called a troll while waiting for the bus the other day
then a slag, then bitch, then 'dirty goffik slag' plus a tirade of other insults followed by spasmodic fake giggles by a group of girls who couldnt have been any older than 13

im ten years their senior, shows how much respect kids here have for their elders
worst of it is, there were three other adults at the stop, and not one of them said a word, not even when one girl pulled on my dreads in an attempt to hurt me
there wasnt a whole lot i could do either, not like you can slap a kid and tell them to do one...

ive not had abuse like that for a while, totally shocked me :shock:

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:35 pm

I used to get that pretty much daily in London,Phexxie :(

I HATE the fake giggling so much, especially when as mentioned earlier, they look a right state.

As for pulling your hair, totally unacceptable. Makes me so angry!

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Where I live, if someone was physically touching me while harassing me, I think I would definitely get away with slapping them away from me, especailly if there were witnesses. Thats so disgusting how unfairly we get treated not just by those people directly, but by the bystanders who let it happen. Its funny because I know most of us are the type that will stick up for strangers. If I saw that happening to someone I'd be like "Get the FUCK out of here before I stomp your face in." Its absolutely disgusting the kind of prejudice and hatred people get away with.
Last edited by poxabomination on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:05 pm

hehe, i like it :lol:

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Its like.. some people could have escaped torture and death during WWII had they just said "no, I'm not jewish." But they stood up for what they believed in and were proud of it, even though they knew they would be facing incredible cruelty. Does that mean that its their fault for being put into concentratio camps, for being proud of who they are? Abso-fucking-lutely not.
I am in no way saying that alt kids are facing genocide or anywhere near the atrocity that those people had to face, its not even on the same scale so I hope I'm not offending anyone. But its a similar principal and the logic is similarly fucked up. If you believe in something that doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't preach hatred, then you have a right to show it and be proud of it without fear of harassment from other people.

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:31 pm

FUCK yes!
Damn, I'm going to use that argument next time anyone tries that crap with me!
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:16 pm

Rhaeniel wrote:FUCK yes!
Damn, I'm going to use that argument next time anyone tries that crap with me!
Hahaha yeaaah! It definitely shuts people up, I have yet to hear a valid argument against it.. cause there isn't one. Huh-HAH!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:57 pm

poxabomination wrote:Its like.. some people could have escaped torture and death during WWII had they just said "no, I'm not jewish." But they stood up for what they believed in and were proud of it, even though they knew they would be facing incredible cruelty. Does that mean that its their fault for being put into concentratio camps, for being proud of who they are? Abso-fucking-lutely not.
I am in no way saying that alt kids are facing genocide or anywhere near the atrocity that those people had to face, its not even on the same scale so I hope I'm not offending anyone. But its a similar principal and the logic is similarly fucked up. If you believe in something that doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't preach hatred, then you have a right to show it and be proud of it without fear of harassment from other people.
I'm not offended. A lot of my extended family did get wiped out during the holocaust. DX
I am jewish, but I never staunchly practised the religion. It's more so a national identity to me (explains the hook nose I've got). I'm agnostic, so rather an alt jew than a prejudice douche.
I'm getting my first tat in a few days, now they won't bury me! Yeah, my parents' friends aren't happy either lol.

Opiate

Post by Opiate » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:45 am

[Phexxie] wrote:
im ten years their senior, shows how much respect kids here have for their elders
worst of it is, there were three other adults at the stop, and not one of them said a word, not even when one girl pulled on my dreads in an attempt to hurt me
there wasnt a whole lot i could do either, not like you can slap a kid and tell them to do one...

ive not had abuse like that for a while, totally shocked me :shock:
A very similar ting happened to me. I was on the train home from my mums house (she lives in birds-nest, terracotta-warrior central) and had my (boring, brown) hair up in pigtails, so my undercut was showing. It was the middle of summer, so of course I'm going to wear my hair up.

It was around 3pm, so all the school kids were getting on the train, and there were a group of boys, probably year 9 (13-14??) staring at me, and walking up and down the aisle to get a good look. I could hear the whole "OMG what a freak" dealy, then one of them sat behind me, took a picture of the back of my head, and ran back to his friends and they all had a good laugh, and sent it on to every one of their friends, I'm sure.

I was astounded that children can be so downright disrespectful! The complete and utter lack of respect for someone almost 10 years older left me gobsmacked.

It's a wonder though, exactly what their parents are teaching them for them to act out like that. Call me old fashioned, but I was brought up to respect my elders, no matter what they looked like. Apparently that's all changed now.
JessFACE
prying.open.my.third.eye

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:10 am

ive had kids dragged away from me before, by parents younger than me ¬_¬

my area has one of the highest rates of teen pregnancy in the country (or it did... not sure if it still does) so it makes you wonder what parents are teaching their kids when theyre still kids themselves!

young adults are very self concious of fashion and the like, and all trying desperately to blend in and be 'normal' as well as being incredibly closed minded
and that is EXACTLY what theyre going to teach their children, they probably do it with every intention too... *sigh*
if they show no respect themselves, then of course the little ones will think its acceptable behaviour

more to further the argument that kids should certainly NOT be having kids :|
anyway, i digress... im sure this is a topic for another thread ;)

*of course i dont mean ALL young adults think this way,... but the ones around here certainly do*

FaerieGirl

Post by FaerieGirl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:51 am

I was with my bf dropping our friend Haileigh off at her driver's ed class at Sears of all places... ( I find it goofy, but hey, she's a year younger than me and is getting her permit end of next week. I haven't even gone through the course yet, so more power to her!) and while we're going up the escalator, this sassy old black lady shouts, "Now HOW'D you get your hair like that?!" "I did it myself." "YOU DID NOT!" "She did, I watched her do it" (My boyfriend) "What's is made of?" "They're synthetic. I made the extensions and braided them into my hair." "OOOOH. I was GONNA SAY. Now I know you're hair ain't THAT nappy! It's pretty though. Very unique. I like your style, girl." Kind of made my day. :)
But it makes me wonder, does anyone else feel a little embarrassed admitting it's synthetic hair? Maybe it's just me, but I feel like it's a faux pa, at least where I live. I was talking about them with a girl at my school the other day and a black girl behind us (With, I'm sorrry, A TERRIBLE WEAVE. Dear God, it was so obviously plastic and I'd been picking it out of the sinks of our tiny little school for weeks) was like, "Don't admit they're synthetic! That's like saying your diamonds ain't real." I don't really see the problem in that since I don't believe in the bloodshed and exploitation mined diamonds create, but that's a subject for the anarchy and controversy section.
Taking over the world, one cupcake at a time. http://www.facebook.com/pages/CausticCu ... 7885476928
CURRENTLY TAKING ORDERS

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:26 am

I used to be SO anti-fake hair because I hated all the girl who wore like one clip in extension from hot topic because they were too much of a baby to actually dye their hair, so it always had that negative "faker" stigma for me. Then as I got older I realised "shit... You can't do HALF the things with real dreads as you can with synthetic dreads." If anything, you can have much more extreme hair, so it doesn't make you a pansy. At that point I liked dreads but still hated clip in fringes, I was like "If you're gonna have colored hair make the commitment."
Now, I've bleached my hair to hell and back and have had every colorunder the sun because I can't make up my mind, and I want a ton of different colored dreads, but my red bangs won't match them all, so fake fringes it is! It's not because I'm too much of a baby to color my hair, it's because I'm indecisive and want different colors all the time and I can't or my hair will fall out :lol:
So now, if someone were to ask "is that your real hair?" I'd be able to say "no, I don't really have green dreads, I have a black and neon red mohawk!" It doesn't feel fake or "poser"ish (I hate that word and don't ever use it, its just the only word that works here) because I have an extreme hairdo anyway, I just decided i wanted a different color extreme hairdo! :lol:

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:05 am

Yeah, that 'too much of a baby to dye your hair' thing is why I feel so crappy now that I can't bleach my hair properly any more :( I hate that I have to have brown hair again and can only introduce colour by wearing my brown to purple or brown to green trans. I loved having purple hair, but I can't risk my health for it! It annoys me to know that people will look at me and assume I'm not brave enough to bleach my hair and dye it bright colours!

emmalooxx

Post by emmalooxx » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:08 am

A group of chavs shouted out their car window at me yesterday afternoon...

"oi you f**king dirty snake charmer" HAHAHA i just honestly didn't know what to say back :/ soo funny
<3 "I don't consider myself to be a pessimist, I see a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain...And yet I feel soaked to the skin. " - Leonard Cohen

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:09 am

However, I will be carefully bleaching my fringe soon, just have to make sure I don't get any on my scalp!

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”