What do you do with the makeup you don't use?

-Glitsy-

Re: What do you do with the makeup you don't use?

Post by -Glitsy- » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:12 am

I usually keep them because one day i might eventually use them.

Gorey

Post by Gorey » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:21 am

i tend to hold on to old stuff for awhile, cause everyonce and awhile i decide i need something then realize i had just thrown it away lol, generally tho i just throw it away, or if its expensive stuff recently ive been trying to sell it like in specktra and what not.
formaly known as GoreyGlamour
known as GoreyFashionFaggot on vf.com
known as Sushi. on Specktra.net

SoupyGeorge

Post by SoupyGeorge » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:08 am

OH YEAH! I do makeup for school plays and musicals and such, so if my makeup breaks or something, and it's beyond my help, I just use it there :lol:

I also get a lot of the stage makeup for the school from dollar tree and rip off the labels/scrape them off! Cause they actually COMPLAIN if they know I'm using cheap makeup on them(stupid private school)....

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:38 am

I go through regular phases of hording and throwing away. There are some days I just can't stand seeing my makeup drawer in the state it is and throw lots away. I can't stand having broken eyeshadows laying around so I have to throw them away.

angenocturne

Post by angenocturne » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:43 pm

SoupyGeorge wrote:OH YEAH! I do makeup for school plays and musicals and such, so if my makeup breaks or something, and it's beyond my help, I just use it there :lol:

I also get a lot of the stage makeup for the school from dollar tree and rip off the labels/scrape them off! Cause they actually COMPLAIN if they know I'm using cheap makeup on them(stupid private school)....
im the same way. if i dont use it/dont like it/cant use it, it goes in the theatre bag. because the little munchkins really dont care what i use on them, as long as it makes them pretty. but i have nicer stuff that i use on the main characters (which are normally friends), it means dipping into my daily/personal stuff sometimes, but they dont care...

as for old stuff, i chuck it when i remember to, if not, it ends up in the bathroom somewhere, where it may never bee seen again...
Bite my laughters, drink my tears. Pore into me, volumes, spell me stark and spill me swooning.
-J. Joyce

snapaxle

Post by snapaxle » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:31 am

I leave it it in my makeup kit, where it stares at me for ages =P I'm always afraid to throw something out because I have that "What if I need it one day?!" mentality. Hahah..

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:09 pm

snapaxle wrote:I leave it it in my makeup kit, where it stares at me for ages =P I'm always afraid to throw something out because I have that "What if I need it one day?!" mentality. Hahah..
haha im like that aswell XD but i did atcually throw some old make-up out! :lol:
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:12 pm

This might sound gross to some of you, but when my boyfriends house burnt down i bagged up all my make up i didnt use, nail varnish and perfumes and gave it to his sister as she had lost absolutely everything.

She bought 2 new MAC pigments before the fire which were gone, and to her they were her first pieces of 'proper' make up, i took her to MAC, asked for demos then she picked out the colours she loved and bought them :(

So i used a small jar, kept some for myself and gave her 2, YES 2 nearly full jars of my MAC's i dont use :) plus a ton of other stuff :D

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:56 pm

i have stuff that i used everyday but also a box of things i've had for years that i've used once. it's probably full of bacteria and crap by now and all dried up. i should probably throw it away

EDIT; tender tendrils, that's so lovely! my little sister has SO much make-up she never uses anymore, she gives it to me to experiment with!
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:30 pm

usually it goes in the bin - TBH it doesn't last long enought to expire! i go through alot of mascara - it gets too much air into it & goes hard & gacky within about 3 months!!!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:58 pm

i do 3 differant things i either...
hord it
Throw it away
or give it to my mate she will literally have anything of me that i dont want but with in reason - im not gonna give her things like my old underwear that would be wierd its mainly things like make-up.

I also used to buy sugar magazine when i was younger just for the DIY DIVA sections i kept them & varius other articles out of the magazine i liked & i have a big folder full of all these bit & pieces out of magazines. I might start looking in it again to have a nose at the diy diva section i always used to like them see what they can come up with :D

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:48 pm

I normally hang it on to it for WAY longer than i should - the only thing i get rid of once it's past it's best is mascara...and that more because it goes clumpy and horrible than for any other reason...it's a bit naughty really!
i always hang on to eyeshadow - i've got pots of dazzle dusts i hardly use but i never know when i'm going to fancy being green or something weird like that...

i also admit to having recently found loads of nasty lipstick i can't believe i ever wore - i just can't bring myself to throw it out for some reason...

my mum gave me some miss selfridge eyeshadows in the old white packaging with pink wirting on - check THAT out...it must be ANCIENT!!

but the colours are wicked!
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:15 am

In my family, makeup tends to do the rounds between myself, my mum and my sister. Anything we don't use, we give to either of the other two. If neither of them want something of mine, I juse pack it away in an old makeup box and leave it.. I might decide to go back to that colour one day.. for some reason - fancy dress or whatever.

My mum once gave me an old purple eyeshadow that she bought with her first paycheque! Not usable now, as it's all gungy and sticky, but it's nice to have just as a little keepsake :)
I can't remember who it's by, but I'm pretty sure they're out of business now!
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:00 pm

TenderTendrils, might be a little gross, but that's also really sweet. Plus if it's family or close friends sharing isn't quite as weird as with strangers =P

I usually distribute my oldies throughout my car, purse, school bag, boyfriends apartment, grandparents house, etc. I figure if I'm in a pinch I can use the older stuff I no longer prefer to get me by until I can get home and use preferred makeup.

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:27 am

Pallidity wrote:I usually distribute my oldies throughout my car, purse, school bag, boyfriends apartment, grandparents house, etc. I figure if I'm in a pinch I can use the older stuff I no longer prefer to get me by until I can get home and use preferred makeup.
That's a good plan :) I accidentally leave makeup in the car and other such places, so it's quite a relief to find it at a time when I've forgotten the reset of my makeup.. I do sometimes think I've lost it tho, and end up buying the same thing again :/
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

BossyLibraryLady

Post by BossyLibraryLady » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:00 am

I chuck it or pass it on to my sis-in-law who has similar colouring to me.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”