chinese/sky lanterns

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
my_purple_skys

chinese/sky lanterns

Post by my_purple_skys » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:34 pm

for my winter birthday party i want to set off a couple of these chinese lanterns that are becoming popular these days, however they seem to be very expensive and look like they would acually be quite easy to make....

however i cant really find any tutorials or lists of materials.

ideally id want to use a bio-degradeable paper for the shell...

does anyone have any info, tutorials, nets etc to help me out???
" theres always something out there for you "

ANNloses

Re: chinese/sky lanterns

Post by ANNloses » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:55 pm

They are extremely cheap, but you would probably have to have access to an Asian market nearby in order to get cheap pricing.
I'm sure there are tutorials, and you could make them out of tissue paper if you wanted, to get the translucency that they have.

OT but it's quite interesting, we send the lanterns off in remembrance of deaths!

dinosaur

Re: chinese/sky lanterns

Post by dinosaur » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:04 am

My best bet if you have tried it already is to go look at http://www.craftster.org
they have a lot of tutorials on just about anything.

hope this helps
Dinosaur OH! Dinosaur

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”