Vampire Freaks?

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
VixenSingsBlack

Vampire Freaks?

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:44 pm

Recently having upgraded to a PhotoBucket Pro account, I can't help but notice that my pictures are winding up on Vampire Freaks. If any of you are on Vampire Freaks (because I'm not) can you tell me what's going on?

sammu

Re: Vampire Freaks?

Post by sammu » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Do you have screenshots? I haven't seen anyone I recognise in any picture unless it's in DTBD.

Edit: You're using the stats counter, aren't you? Hmm. Maybe someone's using your pictures for reference? I've not seen any snark anywhere.

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Yes, the stats counter is the one. I'm not particularly "worried" about it. I just want to make sure no one's 'selling' my wares, but they probably would have nicked many pictures, not just a few. Probably a passing reference, you're right.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:38 am

I saw one pic wind up in a thread that was closed and removed.
It was the one of your first dread install with the spikeys.

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:04 am

Oh, I didn't even KNOW that. Thanks for the info. It's more the photos of me as a clown that I'm curious about. I've thought many times of venturing over to VampireFreaks, but I can't SEE it before I join it. So that's disappointing. And I'm not a Vampire Freak at all... so...

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:58 am

VixenSingsBlack wrote:Oh, I didn't even KNOW that. Thanks for the info. It's more the photos of me as a clown that I'm curious about. I've thought many times of venturing over to VampireFreaks, but I can't SEE it before I join it. So that's disappointing. And I'm not a Vampire Freak at all... so...
Haha, according to Jet (the owner), they don't expect vampires xD
It's actually a community for goths and rivetheads, as it is advertised as "gothic industrial culture". But they go further than that, there's cybergoths, ravers, emos, scene kids, normal people lol and perverts HAHA! It's the alternative mhyspace.

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:22 am

VixenSingsBlack wrote:I've thought many times of venturing over to VampireFreaks, but I can't SEE it before I join it. So that's disappointing.
Some profiles are not publicly viewable, but some are. Everything else is going to be just like all other sites in the sense that you have to sign up to do things...

You're probably the third or fourth person from this community that's mentioned that their stuff was showing up on VF and they didn't like it or were unsure about it but didn't want to join. It only takes a few seconds to sign up for a profile and join communities. If it's a concern that would lead you to posting a thread on here you might as well just join VF and lurk.

Also, just as general reference, some photos from people on here appear in DTBD in the "Photos of hair you adore!" thread or when someone is asking how to achieve a look. Beyond that, though, nothing is posted so my assumption is that they're being used on random profiles, though I haven't seen any of them on there personally. They may also be used via inboxing/commenting for whatever reasons which is something that generally speaking most members can see little of.

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:36 pm

What do you mean "join communities"? Like... which communities should I be looking into joining? Are they obviously fake-hair related, or kind of cloaked in mystery?

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:10 pm

VixenSingsBlack wrote:What do you mean "join communities"? Like... which communities should I be looking into joining? Are they obviously fake-hair related, or kind of cloaked in mystery?
Dread_To_Be_Different is the big hair community on there. It's got a little over 6,000 members. I personally only joined to post there, and I don't even use the rest of the site.. I've just got DTBD bookmarked and go straight there as part of my hair community travels each day.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:02 am

ikickshins wrote:
VixenSingsBlack wrote:What do you mean "join communities"? Like... which communities should I be looking into joining? Are they obviously fake-hair related, or kind of cloaked in mystery?
Dread_To_Be_Different is the big hair community on there. It's got a little over 6,000 members. I personally only joined to post there, and I don't even use the rest of the site.. I've just got DTBD bookmarked and go straight there as part of my hair community travels each day.
Yeah, I originally joined for other reasons but mainly only check on DTBD anymore, with a little bit of browsing on BST and a Horror cult.

Vixen, DTBD can be found here and requires a profile to join (like all of the forums, aka cults, do on there). I think CM created a profile just to join as well.

sammu

Post by sammu » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:42 am

I did. ^_^

It's worth it though as the DTBD cult is well-maintained and has a lot of gems on there that don't appear on this board.

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:06 pm

I've known about DTBD for a long time and I've heard nothing but positive things about the cult, but I just can't bring myself to join VF simply because of the name. I know that's a ridiculous reason, but honestly, it really makes the entire site sound like it's populated by 13 year olds and idiots. I know in reality there are probably lots of perfectly nice members but the name is a massive barrier for me. It's just so... teenage.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

halocaustic

Post by halocaustic » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:22 pm

Dystopatica wrote:I've known about DTBD for a long time and I've heard nothing but positive things about the cult, but I just can't bring myself to join VF simply because of the name. I know that's a ridiculous reason, but honestly, it really makes the entire site sound like it's populated by 13 year olds and idiots. I know in reality there are probably lots of perfectly nice members but the name is a massive barrier for me. It's just so... teenage.
Totally agree.
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:52 pm

I have to say I agree as well, I'm a member but haven't been on there in months as I posted a few pics in my profile and kept getting teenage wierdos saying "you're so haaaawt will you marry me??".

DTBD is a good cult tho
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Yeah, that part does suck. A few months ago some kid who lived near me sent me a lewd message with his phone number at the end. I was so very tempted to post it online or write it on a bathroom wall somewhere, but I decided to be nice in case it was a land line at his parents' house or something ;P
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Amb3r

Post by Amb3r » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:44 am

Dystopatica wrote:I've known about DTBD for a long time and I've heard nothing but positive things about the cult, but I just can't bring myself to join VF simply because of the name. I know that's a ridiculous reason, but honestly, it really makes the entire site sound like it's populated by 13 year olds and idiots. I know in reality there are probably lots of perfectly nice members but the name is a massive barrier for me. It's just so... teenage.
It kinda is populated with 13 year olds and idiots lol, especially now.

I've been a member for about 6 years....and the site has gone down the drain drastically. It's all about money and drama and getting the "oldies" like myself off the site. It's as if the owner is creating these new "features" only to piss off the older members and get them out since we won't put up with it and will tell him that it sucks.

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:52 pm

:lol: I don't even bother reading most of my comments/messages or responding to them anymore, unless they're from someone I know from somewhere or someone that I am working with.

That said, if you don't have a bunch of photos, profile content, or a rating bar you don't get a lot of stuff that you do otherwise. I noticed a decrease when I took down my rating bar and stopped paying for premium, and a further decrease when I make my default photo something ridiculous and removed profile content. Why bother hitting on me when they can find some other person to hit on that is probably running a fake profile? lol Implying hostility towards the idiots on VF helps as well.

Frankly, if you stay out of app cults I think it's very easy to avoid the 5 year old scene kids for the most part. The non-app cults have better members that aren't out to seek attention and the such. There are also some very intelligent and well spoken youngsters on there, so avoiding the site because of them might be more detrimental than beneficial. I've had some really great discussions and met some very cool people on there, but it does take some work to make sure you're in a decent forum (just like it would browsing the net for one).

Not to mention that a large portion of my sales have gone to people who might be deemed as "idiots". :lol:

Shay Wynter

Post by Shay Wynter » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Amb3r wrote:
It kinda is populated with 13 year olds and idiots lol, especially now.

I've been a member for about 6 years....and the site has gone down the drain drastically. It's all about money and drama and getting the "oldies" like myself off the site. It's as if the owner is creating these new "features" only to piss off the older members and get them out since we won't put up with it and will tell him that it sucks.

I completley agree with this. I havent gone on VF in over a year because of the drama and the stupid people. I used to help manage the BST cult and I was an Admin a long time ago in DTBD, but the site itself started to get on my nerves so I stopped going on it. I had been a member since 2003 or 2004 I think, but it seriously got old when people I was trading with started continuosly ripping me off. I have been tempted to go back for the strict purpose of the BST group because I used to get alot of really awesome stuff from there, but I keep telling myself NO! lol.
xShayxWynterx
Have Facebook? Add my little buisness as a friend.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/D.Obsession?ref=ts

BioMekanisk

Post by BioMekanisk » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:55 pm

I used to be on VF, and I'm sure they're still on there some form or anther. I'm not too fond of VF. Seems like a waste of time, and most everyone seems so stuck up, especially about the rate me crap.
I think I joined DTBD, but once again, I never payed much attention to VF.

FOR FIRST POST:
sorry about the pics. That is the bad thing about photo bucket. Everybody can look at your albums, unless you have them locked, thus take whatever they want. Guilty as charged for taking icons, but I never claimed them as my own.

Return to “Copyright?”