London Halloween Meet - Saturday 24th October - UPDATED

Please use this area to promote and events taking place of interest, gigs or meet ups!
deadteddys

Re: London Halloween Meet - Saturday 24th October - UPDATED

Post by deadteddys » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:48 pm

ClaireCalavera wrote:Deadteddys - Hooray!!! Will be good to see you again :D
Will be good to see you again too hun!
And as to the swap, what stina said is pretty good. People can just bring stuff and swap on their own :)

sammu

Post by sammu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:12 pm

Money depending, I will be attending... And clinging on to Leah for dear life.

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:15 pm

itl be great to see you peeps again :) and meet new peoples

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 am

Scratch the last message from me. We've just decided to move house on the 26th so we won't be trading, so I'll probably join you after all.

Would anyone be interested in heading up to Paks hairworld in Finsbury Park as part of the meet up? I need to buy some wigs and KK?

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:09 pm

id be interested :)

as i always need new kk

sammu

Post by sammu » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:35 pm

dragongirl wrote:Scratch the last message from me. We've just decided to move house on the 26th so we won't be trading, so I'll probably join you after all.

Would anyone be interested in heading up to Paks hairworld in Finsbury Park as part of the meet up? I need to buy some wigs and KK?
I know some people may fancy the idea, but it's over the other end of London and would be a huge inconvenience to anyone who doesn't want to spend an hour more on the train.

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:01 pm

CirqueMachine wrote:
dragongirl wrote:Scratch the last message from me. We've just decided to move house on the 26th so we won't be trading, so I'll probably join you after all.

I know some people may fancy the idea, but it's over the other end of London and would be a huge inconvenience to anyone who doesn't want to spend an hour more on the train.
Fair enough. I think I take for granted how long it can take on the trains sometimes. I'm so used to travelling to Victoria from North London for work every day I kinda forget how long it takes when I'm reading a book :i9:

sammu

Post by sammu » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Do you know what time it closes in the evenings?

I've been meaning to go there but the time it takes to reach there does put me off sometimes. Either that, or I'd spend all my money and have huge sacks to carry and no money to spend for the rest of the day. :lol: I suppose if people do want to go then we could arrange it for say, towards the end of the meet? Otherwise no one will have monies to spend on pretties in Camden. ;)

deadteddys

Post by deadteddys » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:30 pm

CirqueMachine wrote:Money depending, I will be attending... And clinging on to Leah for dear life.
You can cling to me all you like my dear :D

And going to the hair shop does sound good! I will have a day travelpass thing, I just gotta check all the trains and stuff as I cant miss the train from Swindon to Kemble X_X

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:28 am

Pak's is open till 7pm on Saturday. So I'll be swigging by there on my way home, if anyone wants to join me they are more then welcome.

Is the plan to get the tube up to Camden? Just wanted to point out the Victoria line is often down at weekends due to them working on it. They normally announce about a week in advance when it won't be working. If that is the case the 24 bus goes from Victoria to Camden.

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Ooh activites on the thread! :D

So glad to hear that you will be attending, Sam - especially as I shall be sporting your wares ;) And Sally it will be really good to see you again! Not sure about the hair shop, I think perhaps after walking round Camden I probably won't have any money left for hairs lol! Organising it for the end of the meet is a good idea though :)

When going from Victoria to Camden, do we not usually have to change tubes several times? I was going to get an Oyster card or a travelcard or something as last time we took a train and 2 tubes. I don't really know much about getting around London - you lovely London ladies will have to help me with the connections! :oops:

*updating the main thread - Official swap is cancelled.. need more interwebz and time for organising it!

ETA - I have just created a Facebook event also. It is secret, but any of you who I have as a friend on Facebook should be receiving an invitation shortly :)
"Make any joke you want, you know I look good" - Stewie Griffin

twigletstar

Post by twigletstar » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:34 pm

I might come! I've only ever been to the Birmingham hair meets and it'd be lovely to meet you all in person :D

(plus it's an awesome excuse to make myself new hair ;) )

deadteddys

Post by deadteddys » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:40 pm

Just bought my train tickets, whoop! I shall be getting to Victoria for 10.12am X_X

sammu

Post by sammu » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:55 pm

I'll have to meet you guys around Camden, since that's easier for me to get to than Victoria, locationally and time-speaking. :3

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:57 pm

I was planning on coming, but it's my mates birthday that weekend and we're going to Manchester apparently so I will have to miss out :(
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:48 pm

I am going to say a tentative yes! I need to check my diary, but I am hoping it is empty on that day :) I'll let you know tomorrow

Are we wearing costume or just halloween hair?

What would the plans be for the evening? Would be people be thinking they might be doing somehting? Just wondering whether i need to book a hostel or something and also what sort of train ticket

And lastly... was ben crouch an "eerie pub company" pub? They have one in Nottingham called the Pit and the Pendulum, I think there are a few in london (maybe the malborough head as mentioned earlier is one of them) they have a good horror theme!

EDIT: Apparently the "bell, book and candle" (near st pauls's cathedral), "the malborough head" (the one near selfridges, which I think someone said is now closed), and "the london stone" (cannon street) are all eerie pubs. I know they aren't very close to camden... Just picking up on the previous theme
telling it like it is!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:36 pm

*WAILS* I can't make it guys!

WE're going to be in Colchester that satudrday as Dan is seeing his little girl - i hope you all have a fab time!

Gutted i can't come and meet some more of you - Sammu esp :D
I'm sure there will be other meets - hope it goes well my lovelys!

If for any reason things change I'll let you know xx
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:04 pm

MissAnthropik wrote: And lastly... was ben crouch an "eerie pub company" pub? They have one in Nottingham called the Pit and the Pendulum, I think there are a few in london (maybe the malborough head as mentioned earlier is one of them) they have a good horror theme!

EDIT: Apparently the "bell, book and candle" (near st pauls's cathedral), "the malborough head" (the one near selfridges, which I think someone said is now closed), and "the london stone" (cannon street) are all eerie pubs. I know they aren't very close to camden... Just picking up on the previous theme
the one by saint pauls isn't themed anymore as far as i know, i think it got taken over a while back, but yup, crouch was an eerie pub

i may be late if i have to work, but will definitely be there
/emmy x

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:39 pm

I may be able to make it afterall! Hopefully, if I don't have to cover someone at work, I should be there =]

I'll confirm nearer the time, would be nice to see everyone again.
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

Sophrodisiac

Post by Sophrodisiac » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:41 pm

Saaaaaaaaaame =D
I can finally meet you guys!
I like bubbles.. :)
Dread it and Rave
SOPHI BUBBLE =)

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:35 pm

Looks like I am coming now! :D
My mates birthday has got cancelled due to people pulling out, so I'm bringing her down (as she is a dread head too). Plus it is something different to do on her b'day!
Should be booking the bus tonight xD
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:50 pm

ClaireCalavera wrote:Ooh activites on the thread! :D

So glad to hear that you will be attending, Sam - especially as I shall be sporting your wares ;) And Sally it will be really good to see you again! Not sure about the hair shop, I think perhaps after walking round Camden I probably won't have any money left for hairs lol! Organising it for the end of the meet is a good idea though :)

When going from Victoria to Camden, do we not usually have to change tubes several times? I was going to get an Oyster card or a travelcard or something as last time we took a train and 2 tubes. I don't really know much about getting around London - you lovely London ladies will have to help me with the connections! :oops:

*updating the main thread - Official swap is cancelled.. need more interwebz and time for organising it!

ETA - I have just created a Facebook event also. It is secret, but any of you who I have as a friend on Facebook should be receiving an invitation shortly :)
It's three stops to Euston on the Victoria line and then one stop to Camden Town on the Northern Line is that helps?

guest123

Post by guest123 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:08 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paran0ir

Post by paran0ir » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:13 pm

I'm feeling really nervous about this for some reason -__- A lot of my anxiety issues have recently been bothering me and I really don't know if I'm just gonna bring everyone down if I am there :(

sammu

Post by sammu » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Don't worry too much honey, if you want you and I can go at your own pace. I've got a good ear if you fancy a natter. If anything, all of us can try to make you feel better. At least for the weekend. x

Return to “Events/ gigs/ Meet ups”