Charity calender for S.O.P.H.I.E

Please use this area to promote and events taking place of interest, gigs or meet ups!
~Azaezl~

Re: Charity calender for S.O.P.H.I.E

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:53 am

I noticed you have a slot for photo editing, I'll volunteer for this as well unless anyone else more experienced wants to, here's an example of the sort of thing I can do.

My father in law asked me to take a photo of him and the mother in law to give to relatives, he hates his crow's feet so asked if I could get rid of them(as well as a few lines on his head), so voila;

Before and after

and the same with my mother in law, she didn't want too much touching up, just a little bit less wrinkly under the eyes;

Before and after

I'm confident I could do a better job given more time(I only had 10 minutes before they had to leave with the printed picture :lol:)
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:02 am

It might be worth seeing where we all live and finding somewhere as in the middle as possible. I can get to London easily enough from Birmingham or even Derby but others might not.

But then, if most people involved live further south then London might be easier anyway

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:10 am

I'm not really up for modelling, but I am an IT teacher/have a degree in computers so I'm ok at photo manipulation/building websites/etc.
Although as there are already 2 people down for website stuff it might be a case of too many cooks spoil the broth?
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:37 am

I can photograph and edit photos, and possibly model but would like to see how a few of the photos/themes pan out :P

I think it should be a bit cheeky like the original WI ones, embracing individuality, creativity, but also showing we aren't freaks ;) Maybe having like a boring bus stop but the models looking gorgeous and having fun!
"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:03 pm

dragongirl wrote:
ShadowThrone wrote:I'm not a stick either
We're really not looking for stick thin people or model types, the whole concept is about being who you are. Trust me I like cakes way to much and am in no way a skinny person!

Excellent! Well I'd be up for trying modeling, I don't have experience except for a friend at Uni used a few pics of me for a project, I'm sure a good photographer would help :lol:

I think having mums is a fantastic idea. I don't have kids but I've often wondered about reactions when I do. Azaezl, your daughter is adorable! She looks just like you :P

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:04 pm

I rather like the dreadfully delectable dollies. Then we could use the website if thats ok. What do others think?
Last edited by dragongirl on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:23 pm

Dragongirl - It's fine with me if you want to use the site I named it that after all the dreaded girlies on here, I can alter the shop to sell the calander and any other related articles when the time comes but the main site doesn't need to be linked to it at the moment, I can make the shop part inactive until it's needed.

Shadowthrone - I always think she looks like her dad, it really does depend on the photo she looks so different in different photos. I can't speak for anyone else but my experience with other people's reactions is as I said before they seem to think I should 'grow up' and dress 'normally' now I'm a mum, or at least tone it down, people always seem a little surprised by how nice my daughter is as well, you know because I'm alt. then my child should be some evil brat :lol:
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Dreadfully Delectable sounds good to me :)

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Bomber wrote:Dreadfully Delectable sounds good to me :)
i agree, and its not pervy sounding so its not weird for mothers to have their kids too
sounds like a gothic cookie company :P
/emmy x

Sophrodisiac

Post by Sophrodisiac » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Put me under models please ^+^

And this sounds like a good idea, would be more than happy to be involved. =]
I like bubbles.. :)
Dread it and Rave
SOPHI BUBBLE =)

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:53 pm

I would love to model for this, and am proficient in photoshop CS3 so I can share some of the photo editing responsibilities :)
"Make any joke you want, you know I look good" - Stewie Griffin

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:26 pm

~Azaezl~ wrote:
Shadowthrone - I always think she looks like her dad, it really does depend on the photo she looks so different in different photos. I can't speak for anyone else but my experience with other people's reactions is as I said before they seem to think I should 'grow up' and dress 'normally' now I'm a mum, or at least tone it down, people always seem a little surprised by how nice my daughter is as well, you know because I'm alt. then my child should be some evil brat :lol:
Hehehe, I thought she looked like you in that pic!
Its terrible people think like that, but as you say, if she is nice, they have no reasons to complain! I worked as a nursery nurse a while ago and I was allowed to keep natural coloured dreads, cover my ink and take out my piercings (thats more for safety!) The manager admitted it was more for the benefit of what the parents would think. Most kids love that sort of thing don't they :lol:

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Just letting you know I'm ok at photoediting and website work since I took a course in both.
I also got a qualification in digital photography from the same coure...

coma_dream

Post by coma_dream » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Becca wrote:I think it should be a bit cheeky like the original WI ones, embracing individuality, creativity, but also showing we aren't freaks ;) Maybe having like a boring bus stop but the models looking gorgeous and having fun!
I Love this idea. :D

I would also be interested in modelling and can help out as a makeup artist if needed. :D
This sounds like such a lovely idea, and a very worthy idea.
I'm free most of the time, and am happy to drive to London/Birmingham. I can also pick people up on my way if needed.

xx

Haylum

Post by Haylum » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:24 pm

We should have a picture of a few of us feeding ducks in a park :D
Haggis McNoodle Synthetic Dreadlocks

Unmentioned Secret Lovechild of the Blue Army and Red Rebellion

somekindafreak

Post by somekindafreak » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:08 pm

I love the dreadfully delectable name :)
Indecisive army FTW

"So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways..."

halocaustic

Post by halocaustic » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:45 pm

dragongirl wrote:Unfortunatly the mod's are not happy with this being related to Heavenly Hair or the board (which I think is a bit of a shame) so we need to come up with a new name for our collective.
I think we explained in the other thread that it was the nude aspect we didn't want associated with the board and the fact that NONE of us have the right to use the HH name because it was coined by Miss Kitten. It's not a case of us not being happy about the HH name being used, it's a case of it belonging to someone else.

Don't make us out to be the party poopers...we have to take everyone's feelings into account here.
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

kyandii

Post by kyandii » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:03 pm

I'd think somewhere more central would be better than Manchester.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:22 pm

I love the ducks idea. Or all of us sitting in a really old fashioned tea shop. Or in an art gallery/museum. I have average-good skills in Gimp but I'm alot better in Photoshop (I have CS2 I believe) if that will help at all.

I also have access to a Digi SLR if anyone needs to borrow it (London only, unless I can travel elsewhere) or I can give a hand in photographing if need be.

You can find my photography dA here: http://fire-play.deviantart.com/. At the moment its still in an updating phase so it's best to check back in a few days for more people shots

Edited for amazingly bad spelling
Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:25 pm

I love this idea! I havn't read all the posts thoroughly so forgive me if I'm repeating stuff!

I have a 5 year old daughter and I'm expecting another little girly on 15th september so I'd be up for joining in on a group 'family day out' type photo. Big bump and all! I like the idea of feeding ducks.. or maybe we could hijack a play area in Regents park and have a picnic too (I'm not sure if we'd need some kind of permission to publish photos taken there) I'll bring bubbles!
I'll be on maternity leave from Aug 7th and will definately be doing fun hair. Has it been decided if it's just dready hair or is any form of 'alternative' style included? I live 30mins outside of central london so obviously that would be preferable venue for me. I'm afraid I have no other relevant skills to offer!
oh.. is it only girls? My OH is an english teacher (secondary) and is heavily pierced and tattooed so I can drag him along to join the fun.
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:53 pm

Yeah i like the idea of guys being included in this belle!!its not just the girlies who do wierd and wonderful things with their hair!!i think manchester is just a bit too far away for us southern girlies.maybe if it was somewhere a little bit more central (or even better london).

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:57 pm

somekindafreak wrote:I love the dreadfully delectable name :)
Seconded and yes to having some alternative guys, also. The only problem being that there are hardly any on the board, but considering this is no longer board related, I suppose we can look elsewhere for potential models.

Any ideas where, though?
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

Sophrodisiac

Post by Sophrodisiac » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:09 pm

Alot of us have OH's and good friends who could be classed as alternative. We could always ask *cough*force*cough* them ^_^ hehe
I like bubbles.. :)
Dread it and Rave
SOPHI BUBBLE =)

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:10 pm

halocaustic wrote: I think we explained in the other thread that it was the nude aspect we didn't want associated with the board and the fact that NONE of us have the right to use the HH name because it was coined by Miss Kitten. It's not a case of us not being happy about the HH name being used, it's a case of it belonging to someone else.

Don't make us out to be the party poopers...we have to take everyone's feelings into account here.
Sorry I didn't mean to point any fingers or make out you were party poopers. Was just saying I thought it was a shame as quite a few of us are attached to the HH name. I completly understand the reason why we can't use it though, and I think we've decided on quite a good alternative. I've edited the wording in the first post to reflect this.

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Sophrodisiac wrote:Alot of us have OH's and good friends who could be classed as alternative. We could always ask *cough*force*cough* them ^_^ hehe
True and if these people are too camera shy why could scower sites like VF and even ModelMayhem, I think in the case of supporting a charity, a lot of people would be willing to model =)
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

Return to “Events/ gigs/ Meet ups”