Brighton Meet - Saturday 11th July 09 - UPDATED

Please use this area to promote and events taking place of interest, gigs or meet ups!
displacedmind

Re: Brighton Meet - Saturday 11th July 09

Post by displacedmind » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:27 am

Sophrodisiac wrote:I hope we can do the picnic, i can't really afford to go eat anywhere, though i'd still come see everyone and do my best to get some change together ^_^

Aah it's so close =/

By the way everyone, when you all first see me i'm probably going to be really quiet. I can't help it, i'm actually really shy heh. Just warning you all =P I'll be ok after a while though.
dont worry hun you'll be fine. Im nervous meeting new people but the hair girlies have always been so lovely!

hmm just thought i should mention this, although i think most know already..anywho i have CFS so i might have to take little sit downs if it gets bad. i should be ok though as ive been resting this week. Im also agoraphobic so prone to panic attacks...i should be fine as i'll be with people i trust etc but i thought i should give you all prior warning incase i do freak lol <--- i dont sound like much fun too meet now ;)

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:16 am

as you can all tell im quite shy too :) ...so i might go from not talking much to talking all the time just to warn you all

im so excited :)

and i must charge my camera

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:24 am

Damn my shift! I have an hour lunch break, so if I have time I might pop along and say hello ^^
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

deadteddys

Post by deadteddys » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Ohh dear, im a bit shy too! Looks like we'll all be a bit quiet at first hehe. Im alright after a while though :)
I just checked the weather and its still light rain shower, so I might bring a couple of things, and then if we go to wagamama's then I can just save the other food for when I go home :)
Cant wait to meet everyone! The last hair meet I went to was so awesome (last year in London) :)
Ive made and got loads of dreads to swap ^_^

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:47 pm

i'm going to make some dreads later for the swap if i have some spare time :) , bit hectic at the mo running around like a headless moo :)

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:50 pm

deadteddys wrote:Ohh dear, im a bit shy too! Looks like we'll all be a bit quiet at first hehe. Im alright after a while though :)
I just checked the weather and its still light rain shower, so I might bring a couple of things, and then if we go to wagamama's then I can just save the other food for when I go home :)
Cant wait to meet everyone! The last hair meet I went to was so awesome (last year in London) :)
Ive made and got loads of dreads to swap ^_^
I think that's a great idea! If people would still like to bring something small like cakes/sandwiches/crisps etc then that's great, if it rains then we will go to Wagamamas and I'm sure no food will go to waste! If it's sunny and we don't have enough food, we can always stop off at a shop and buy some extras.

I think that's about as safe as we can get lol :)
"Make any joke you want, you know I look good" - Stewie Griffin

neonpixie

Post by neonpixie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:58 pm

ClaireCalavera wrote:
I think that's a great idea! If people would still like to bring something small like cakes/sandwiches/crisps etc then that's great, if it rains then we will go to Wagamamas and I'm sure no food will go to waste! If it's sunny and we don't have enough food, we can always stop off at a shop and buy some extras.

That sounds like a good plan Claire :D
The tesco's by the libary is dead easy to find if we need anything.
Oscail mo shúile, Nìos mò, Èist è sin, Ar an tsáile snámha, Fol lol the doh fol the day...

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:17 pm

neonpixie wrote:
ClaireCalavera wrote:

That sounds like a good plan Claire :D
The tesco's by the libary is dead easy to find if we need anything.
That's precisely what I was thinking! Especially as it's right next to the Pavilion gardens :D

Hooray! Now I've had my interview I can be more excited about this!!! I need to finish my hair though... still only halfway through :/

ScarletLady

Re: Brighton Meet - Saturday 11th July 09 - UPDATED

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:24 pm

hope you all have a lovely time - sorry I can't make it :)

We expect lots of pics!!
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:25 pm

:( I won't be able to come either. Me and Paul don't get paid until the following week :( xx

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Liz and Chrissy - your presence shall be missed!!! We should've made cardboard cut outs of you to put in photos :D

I will try to make sure we get lots of lovely pics of hairy goodness :)

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:05 pm

argh i just spoke to funky rapunzel (sian) and she's got to work, but shes going to give me a call when she leaves work to see if she'll come down a little later. but me and Kaz are still definites!

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:49 pm

plum poison wrote:argh i just spoke to funky rapunzel (sian) and she's got to work, but shes going to give me a call when she leaves work to see if she'll come down a little later. but me and Kaz are still definites!
Ahh thanks for the update honey :) Omg I am STILL not finished with my dreads............I may be very tired tomorrow.... :shock: lol

displacedmind

Post by displacedmind » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:13 pm

ClaireCalavera wrote:
plum poison wrote:argh i just spoke to funky rapunzel (sian) and she's got to work, but shes going to give me a call when she leaves work to see if she'll come down a little later. but me and Kaz are still definites!
Ahh thanks for the update honey :) Omg I am STILL not finished with my dreads............I may be very tired tomorrow.... :shock: lol
me neither! i over slept today (just woke up) so im gonna have a busy night. only one more steam, tidy and then install. im worried they wont look nice though :/

thats a good idea about bringing a little food, i'll pop into the shops before going. one good thing of this, i do own a really cute umbrella teehee

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:29 pm

i've just got boring plain blonde ones in for work, but i've just jazzed them all up with colourful ribbon and flowers! yey!

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Oh and i just realised i've now got 3 spaces in my car going from gatwick airport to brighton and back in case anyone wants to save on pennies instead of training it all the way.

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:38 pm

displacedmind wrote:
ClaireCalavera wrote:
me neither! i over slept today (just woke up) so im gonna have a busy night. only one more steam, tidy and then install. im worried they wont look nice though :/

thats a good idea about bringing a little food, i'll pop into the shops before going. one good thing of this, i do own a really cute umbrella teehee
Aww man, what are we like? Hehe!!! I'm sure they will look gorgeous! Time ran away with me today as the interview went on a lot longer than expected, and then the bus ride home took nearly an hour -_- so I lost quite a few hours there! I aim to be finished making by 11pm and then install whilst watching a movie or something. Hopefully it will only take 1-2 hours to install them but I will apologise in advance as no doubt it'll be a messy one! :oops:

Also.. yay for cute umbrellas!!! This might finally give me an excuse to use my loli brolly!! :D Although checking the bbc 24 hour forecast it looks to just be cloudy through the daytime and then rain in the eve... fingers crossed!

*Glitter Tramp*

Post by *Glitter Tramp* » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Bahahaa!! I've left my dreads really late too, only about half-way through nooooo!! Really looking forward to tomorrow! :D
Sparkling all over

displacedmind

Post by displacedmind » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:10 am

finally finished my dread install! *faints* they are super stiff, im not sure how i can to wear them :S

girls meeting at croydon, see your there between 9:50am-10.00..i'll be popping into waitroses for sandwiches etc so if i run late dont worry im just stuck in a queue ;)

guest123

Post by guest123 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:02 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:23 pm

I had such a lovely time! Thank you all for coming, I hope you had fun - was great to see you all! I have already been working through my bag of sweets from Cybercandy, then I promptly crashed and had a 2 hour nap lol. I just got up about an hour ago and need to find some foood.
stinamoo wrote:It was really lovely seeing everyone today :) hope everyone got home safely! Looking forward to seeing all the photos.
I was very pleasantly surprised to find my OH had cooked me pan-fried duck breast, rosemary and thyme mashed potato, buttered savoy cabbage and a port reduction. It was delicious :D and now I can go to sleepy sleep.
Omg Stina you lucked out!!! Sounds very yummy indeed! When I got home my OH just stole my sweets lol -_-

guest123

Post by guest123 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:46 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

displacedmind

Post by displacedmind » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:41 pm

had such a lovely time meeting you all :D am so tired now though, fell straight to sleep as soon as i got home hehe.

right now for the massive upload of photos onto facebook! will post them here in the next couple of days :)

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:39 pm

I had loads of fun yesterday, was great seeing some familar faces and meeting some new ones. I'm just uploading my pictures into the show off everyting else.

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:11 pm

I'm so glad everyone had fun :D
Although I woke up today with this face ----------> :evil: :evil: :evil: as it's SUNNY now!!!!!! WHAT?! It said it was going to rain today and be cloudy yesterday - instead it rained all of yesterday and is lovely and sunny today!?! I am not impressed BBC Weather - not impressed AT ALL. *pouts*

Ah well, at least we showed the weather that we will still continue to have fun even when it decides to try and ruin it! And we stood out more because it was cloudy lol - we were the sunshine yesterday :)

Return to “Events/ gigs/ Meet ups”