Whitby October meetup/ staying together

Please use this area to promote and events taking place of interest, gigs or meet ups!
dragongirl

Whitby October meetup/ staying together

Post by dragongirl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Right I'm planning on going to the Whitby festival in October but am not sure if I'm going by myself or if my other half can get the time off work. Therefore I was thinking of maybe hiring a house and all those who want to come to Whitby, either by themselves or if they haven't been before, we could all stay together.

Secondly I know alot of girls on here go to the WGW in October and maybe we should organise a proper meet up, maybe a fish supper in a resturant on the Friday or something?

Let me know what you guys think.

MrsEss

Re: Whitby October meetup/ staying together

Post by MrsEss » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:11 pm

Oooh, very tempting (i guess you're not going to the end of april one?) I will, however be about 8-8.5 months pregnant by the end of october. i'll have to decide closer to the time ,but YES a great idea
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

hokumdeadfall

Post by hokumdeadfall » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:11 am

I want to go to WGW in October, I was gutted that I couldnt go to this month's one

Esp as Abney Park and RazorbladeKisses are playing :(
Addicted to JUICE
~
Dude, I think you just killed the Hula Hoops

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Wed May 06, 2009 9:13 pm

have you looked for a cottage yet? i booked mine last october and they were already getting booked up then!

accomodation is a problem in whitby!

vivid

Post by vivid » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:46 am

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it this October, but since the boy and I have just booked our wedding for 26th October my parents offered to pay for it as a mni-honeymoon =) ... That said, it was a mission and a half to find somewhere to stay, everywhere was booked up months ago =/ We ended up with a b&b that dont advertise online, they get most of their business through word of mouth.

Is anyone else definitely going?
The world is changed because you are made of ivory and gold... The curve of your lips rewrites history...

[[Violet.Nightmare]]

Post by [[Violet.Nightmare]] » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:26 am

:( i wanted to go to that one but ive just found out im still in college as we dont get half terms and its too far away to go to and have to get back for college the next week
"Once you cressp you just cant splessp"

Neon Black

Post by Neon Black » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:54 pm

I'll be in town at some point, would be up for meeting for a drink if it gets organised :)

KittyKawaii

Post by KittyKawaii » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:00 pm

we (my bf and i ) just got the "ok" from work so we'll be going but havent been before, we're up for house sharing etc!

KittyKawaii

Post by KittyKawaii » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:09 pm

vivid wrote: ... That said, it was a mission and a half to find somewhere to stay, everywhere was booked up months ago =/ We ended up with a b&b that dont advertise online, they get most of their business through word of mouth.

we're def goin but accom is a problem! any chance that bnb has more rooms?! can i have the name of it? :i7:

vivid

Post by vivid » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:00 pm

KittyKawaii wrote:
vivid wrote: ... That said, it was a mission and a half to find somewhere to stay, everywhere was booked up months ago =/ We ended up with a b&b that dont advertise online, they get most of their business through word of mouth.

we're def goin but accom is a problem! any chance that bnb has more rooms?! can i have the name of it? :i7:
Eeep, only just seen this! I dont have the B&B's number to hand as it was my mum that booked it on my behalf as a wedding present, I'll try and find it for you though.
The world is changed because you are made of ivory and gold... The curve of your lips rewrites history...

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:04 pm

whitby is in serious need of more hotels!

if anyone needs accomodation then call teh whitby tourist info, they offer a service where they find you somewhere i think it costs something silly like £1.30!

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:41 pm

vivid wrote:I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it this October, but since the boy and I have just booked our wedding for 26th October my parents offered to pay for it as a mni-honeymoon =) ... That said, it was a mission and a half to find somewhere to stay, everywhere was booked up months ago =/ We ended up with a b&b that dont advertise online, they get most of their business through word of mouth.

Off topic but your wedding is the same day as mine and my fiancee's anniversary! :D

KittyKawaii

Post by KittyKawaii » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:32 am

vivid wrote:
KittyKawaii wrote:

Eeep, only just seen this! I dont have the B&B's number to hand as it was my mum that booked it on my behalf as a wedding present, I'll try and find it for you though.
ohh its ok now hun we got a holiday cottage now so we'll definatelly be there! :)

vivid

Post by vivid » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:23 pm

You're lucky to have got a cottage at this stage! We would have liked one rater than a B&B, but there were none available while we were looking and I didnt want to leave it to chance that one would come up...

The B&B we're in is full now anyway, when my friend phoned to confirm her room there was only the single one left.

Really looking forward to it now! =)

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:31 pm

me too starting to panic about outfits!

is anoyne staying monday night?

fancy a manic mondaymeet?

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 am

i'm going on the thursday/friday/saturday and staying with an old friend who lives there ;) x
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

KittyKawaii

Post by KittyKawaii » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:00 am

i know it was pretty expensive but will be worth it! Yeah we're staying monday too if you want to meet ^_^ I cant decide what to do with my hair ive changed my mind about 4 times so far lol

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm going to be around during this as my family is all still in Whitby and its my neice's birthday. Will keep my eyes peeled for familiar faces, hope you all have a great time.xx
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Anyone going this time? I know there have been funding issues with the organisers though. a few weeks ago it was almost cancelled.

I'll try & find out if anyone knows anymore about the situation.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Return to “Events/ gigs/ Meet ups”