Possible East Coast meet?

Please use this area to promote and events taking place of interest, gigs or meet ups!
Amoura

Re: Possible East Coast meet?

Post by Amoura » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:06 pm

Couture_Coiffure wrote:Had to find this thread again so the thought doesn't get lost.

Was checking out a few places to see how friendly they are with having parties and all. There's a cool spot on South Street [here in Philly] that will lend out a room with no charge. It's called Copa and has the total package in terms of tropical themes.

Anywho, since I have nothing but time on my hands, I would be quite willing to help coordinate an event. I understand that it might not be as easy for others, but let's at least get the ball rolling.

What does late April or early May look like for those who expressed interest?

Also, if you are willing to come to Philly, what other things would you like to do? There's tons of fun stores on South Street to keep shoppers entertained so that's definitely covered. It's really easy to travel by subway too if it were to be an all-day event.

Ideas, suggestions and serious interest of having a meet totally appreciated. :D

fiiiine as it seems people like philly more, i will get my lazy butt up and take a bus there. however i would deff want to have some fun things for us all to do. perhaps go to shampoo? or some sort of fun dancy thing... i dont go to philly often so ill leave that up to the girlies that live there and what not.
end of april or the first week of may works perfect for me. ^_^

and seeing as this is an east coast meet, that does not mean the entire united states.
SO if you can make it to philly then great. if not, start your own meet up further south or west and then everybody wins.
~She stepped on Roses and swallowed the Thorns~

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:28 pm

Amoura wrote:and seeing as this is an east coast meet, that does not mean the entire united states.
SO if you can make it to philly then great. if not, start your own meet up further south or west and then everybody wins.
Well, if you haven't noticed, Miami Florida is also East Coast--but it's 1100 miles and 18 hours away. So maybe this should be called a North East meet up. I looked in the thread cuz I figured if it was East Coast, like North Carolina downward, I had a chance to drive there.

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Like I mentioned, I'll be in NYC sometime this fall anyway, so I could do that. It also looks like I'll be popping up to Atlanta with my little sis in Sept. Because of those two adventures, my budget for another trip is kind of out :(

Perhaps we could plan a meet for sometime farrrrrrr in the future, apart from this one, that would allow everyone to save the money required for travel. We could pick one big city, where there would be enough to constitute a vacation in its own right, and meet up one of the four-five days you would want to spend there?

For example, and this is just pure example, if we scheduled a tentative meet up for the summer of 2010 in say, Chicago, there would be enough things to do and see in a city that large for me that I wouldn't mind spending the money to get there and spending a few days. We could meet up on one of those days, we could pick a huge landmark or something, and then go on our merry ways after that if we wished.

Jsut a thought....

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:07 pm

I think Miss Liberty has the right idea. Maybe we should make another thread for a 2010 USA Meet Up, so as not to high jack this North East USA April/May Meet Up thread.

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Amoura: I would have no problem going to NYC but feel it's too expensive for me. Also, if you are planning to take the bus, Chinatown one is $20 round trip. ;)

I really don't want people to feel 'left out' or anything, but as VSB pointed out, the US is rather large. It seems like no matter what, someone is going to wish they could travel, etc. In no way am I trying to leave anyone out, just trying to coordinate *something* instead of talking about it.

Miss Liberty, I totally dig your idea and feel that it is definitely something that could appease pretty much everyone.

If people would feel better PM'ing me than please do so, as I don't want to see this thread get out of hand for silly reasons.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

sinn_ister

Post by sinn_ister » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:14 am

atomiklox wrote:I'm with all the other Floridians - staying south would be best, though I'd give my eye teeth to go to NYC! Maybe if all the FL peeps carpooled? :D

New Orleans would be awesome too. Anything truely equidistant on the east coat would put us in Kentucky or Tennessee....Nashville anyone?

I'd be all for a trip if we can pull it together!
If you guys ever did have a Nashville meet I'd probably be down as I have a guy who lives in Knoxville so I'm down there on a semi-regular basis when I can afford it and set time aside. Tennessee is a cool place.

sinn_ister

Post by sinn_ister » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:21 am

Amoura wrote:
Couture_Coiffure wrote:Anywho, since I have nothing but time on my hands, I would be quite willing to help coordinate an event. I understand that it might not be as easy for others, but let's at least get the ball rolling.

Also, if you are willing to come to Philly, what other things would you like to do? There's tons of fun stores on South Street to keep shoppers entertained so that's definitely covered. It's really easy to travel by subway too if it were to be an all-day event.

Ideas, suggestions and serious interest of having a meet totally appreciated. :D

fiiiine as it seems people like philly more, i will get my lazy butt up and take a bus there. however i would deff want to have some fun things for us all to do. perhaps go to shampoo? or some sort of fun dancy thing... i dont go to philly often so ill leave that up to the girlies that live there and what not.

and seeing as this is an east coast meet, that does not mean the entire united states.
The end of April/early May is a good time for me too. I would love to go to Shampoo (hell I'll probably be there anyway) but their big goth/industrial night is on Wednesdays. Would a Wednesday meetup be good for people? It would actually be perfect for me as I just had to withdraw from my only Wed. class so I'd be free all day.

Xiavalune, I would love to meet you, definitely try to come down!

C_C, it would be awesome if you took over organizing this, I've been so busy lately I forgot to even check on this thread for way too long.

sinn_ister

Post by sinn_ister » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:23 am

One more thing...wouldn't it be funny if we organized a massive meetup for late December 2012?

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:43 pm

sinn_ister wrote: The end of April/early May is a good time for me too. I would love to go to Shampoo (hell I'll probably be there anyway) but their big goth/industrial night is on Wednesdays. Would a Wednesday meetup be good for people? It would actually be perfect for me as I just had to withdraw from my only Wed. class so I'd be free all day.

Xiavalune, I would love to meet you, definitely try to come down!

C_C, it would be awesome if you took over organizing this, I've been so busy lately I forgot to even check on this thread for way too long.
No problem. :)

Wed. is cool with me, but any day is really.

Zombie Strawberries

Post by Zombie Strawberries » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am

:( Everywhere you stated is too far for me.
not that I wouldn't like to go... but It's too costy to get there.

Maybe when we'll be finally able to run on the biodiesel we're making.

Amoura

Post by Amoura » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:59 am

erm... i would prefer a friday... because i work/go to school during the week.

Freaky_Ferret

Post by Freaky_Ferret » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:24 pm

NYC! That's only 5 hrs from MA!!! I would totally go if it's in NYC
Perverted Panda's Corsets and Cosplay
My Business, check it out
Sincerely,
~Jessie

sinn_ister

Post by sinn_ister » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:28 pm

If you wanted to do a Friday, May 1st would be good--I'm pretty sure there's some kind of monthly cyber-fetish night which falls on First Fridays. I think it's called Shock Therapy? Plus on First Fridays all the art galleries let people in for free so it would be something to do during the day.

Pretty sure that Shock Therapy is 21+ though.

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:32 pm

wednesday is good for me!
*Manda*

Amoura

Post by Amoura » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 am

sinn_ister wrote:If you wanted to do a Friday, May 1st would be good--I'm pretty sure there's some kind of monthly cyber-fetish night which falls on First Fridays. I think it's called Shock Therapy? Plus on First Fridays all the art galleries let people in for free so it would be something to do during the day.

Pretty sure that Shock Therapy is 21+ though.
crap. im not 21 till july. -sad face-

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:40 pm

Ok, here are some dates for consideration.

Wed. April 28
Wed. May 6
Wed. May 13

Fri. May 1
Fri. May 8

Sat. May 2
Sat. May 9

I would agree that a Fri. or Sat. would be more ideal as there are more things going on and is better for those with work/school during the week.

It would also be nice if everyone could participate in whatever fun events are chosen [i.e. club nite] as I don't want anyone to feel left out.

Here are few things outside of clubbing that came to mind:
+Shopping [even if it's just looking and not buying]: South Street, Chinatown
+Museums: Art Museum, Mummer's Museum, Mutter Museum
+Sight seeing: Liberty Bell, Olde City, Penn's Landing

Also, if you could PM me with dates you would be available and things you would like to do, it would be much easier to coordinate everything. :D

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:57 am

sinn_ister wrote:
Amoura wrote:
Couture_Coiffure wrote:Anywho, since I have nothing but time on my hands, I would be quite willing to help coordinate an event. I understand that it might not be as easy for others, but let's at least get the ball rolling.

The end of April/early May is a good time for me too. I would love to go to Shampoo (hell I'll probably be there anyway) but their big goth/industrial night is on Wednesdays. Would a Wednesday meetup be good for people? It would actually be perfect for me as I just had to withdraw from my only Wed. class so I'd be free all day.

Xavialune, I would love to meet you, definitely try to come down!

Oh man Ive totally missed all this stuff.

When is this happening now? Where? lol! I gotta save some monies! Maybe we could all rent some hotel rooms and split the cost or something.
I <3 The Chameleons

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:59 am

sinn_ister wrote:One more thing...wouldn't it be funny if we organized a massive meetup for late December 2012?
Oh hell yes. Lets do it! lol
I <3 The Chameleons

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:49 pm

Xavialune wrote: Oh man Ive totally missed all this stuff.

When is this happening now? Where? lol! I gotta save some monies! Maybe we could all rent some hotel rooms and split the cost or something.
No worries, it's still in the planning stage right now. :)

Also wanted to mention, for people in or around NYC/DC/Boston - the Chinatown bus will take you to Philly for $20-$30 round trip. Since Xavialune mentioned a possible hotel room, perhaps this might make it more appealing to people who would be coming from out of town.

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:22 pm

i would def. try my best to come if its located in philly, baltimore or dc. depending on how close the date is to my due date is the thing though.

sinn_ister

Post by sinn_ister » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:49 pm

I may be able to let a couple people crash at my house if that helps...I live in a huge West Philly house right now and there's definitely room for one or two people to sleep in the basement. There's even a cot down there already!

I think it would be fun if we all went to Chinatown together to get some food, there's lots of good hole-in-the-wall places there and it would be convenient for people coming in on the bus. Also the great thing about Philly (for tourists at least) is that all the fun stuff for out-of-towners to do and see are within walking distance from each other.

It would be quite humorous if we all went into the Mutter Museum looking like a group of freaks! Actually, the same is true of the Mummer Museum. But shh! Let's not tell anybody what either of those museums are, the shock value will be priceless!

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:28 pm

ha i would love to go meet up in philly and shop around, i havent been to south st since zipperhead disappeared and tower records went down hill. i dont think ive really gone into chinatown, but im up for it!

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:18 pm

Yeah I probably cant get to philly in april or may. I just dont have the money. We'll see what happens, but I dont know. Id rather meet up somewhere in Boston but it doesnt seem anyones interested in that location.
I <3 The Chameleons

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:30 pm

i would love to travel further but having kids doesnt give me that option :(

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:40 pm

My bf just said if we have the money we will go. We'd have to take a bus though and I dont know about like hotels and stuff. Maybe we can all group together and split the cost of a couple rooms? Does anyone live there and have some space? I REAAAALLY wanna go and meet you guys. If its in May I probably have a better chance of being able to attend.
I <3 The Chameleons

Return to “Events/ gigs/ Meet ups”