Infest 09

Please use this area to promote and events taking place of interest, gigs or meet ups!
Amelia_G

Re: Infest 09

Post by Amelia_G » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:52 am

Bijou_Venus wrote:Where are tickets, do you know, or are they not on sale yet? I couldn't see them anywhere.
Tickets aren't on sale yet. When they go on sale they will (in theory) update the website :)

http://www.infestuk.com/

hokumdeadfall

Post by hokumdeadfall » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:09 am

whaaaaaaaaat?

i thought they were all sold out...or at least thats what ive been told anyway!
silly people

Maybe it was pre-sale tickets that have gone...oh that site is confusing

if i can get a ticket, then I'm going to be there :D
Addicted to JUICE
~
Dude, I think you just killed the Hula Hoops

Amelia_G

Post by Amelia_G » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:36 pm

hokumdeadfall wrote:whaaaaaaaaat?

i thought they were all sold out...or at least thats what ive been told anyway!
silly people

Maybe it was pre-sale tickets that have gone...oh that site is confusing

if i can get a ticket, then I'm going to be there :D
The site hasn't been updated since last years event, hence it still saying tickets are sold out :)

There's a Myspace page, which is linked to from the site, or if you use Facebook, there's also a Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref ... 2325508105

Both are unofficial groups, but they have a little info like provisional dates etc, so might be helpful until the site is updated :)

cybik

Post by cybik » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:15 pm

I've almost definitely decided to go - I think having a mini hair meet there would rock :D

They are a bit rubbish with updating the website - I've noticed that in years gone by..
http://sana.etsy.com - my jewellery on etsy.
http://sana-jewellery.blogspot.com - my jewellery/crafts talk blog.
http://www.susannahgoodyear.co.uk - my main website.

hokumdeadfall

Post by hokumdeadfall » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:08 pm

I'll be up for that

make some fabulous photo opps and what have you :)
Addicted to JUICE
~

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:35 pm

Ye im getting annoyed they havnt updated the site yet i keep checking back to see if its dne yet but nope they might still be sorting out the campus venue (there refurbing the venue its usually in) as they arnt going to update the site untill thats sorted i think it will still be at the uni tho

Tose of you who have been before how much do tickets cost?

hokumdeadfall

Post by hokumdeadfall » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:04 pm

I think last couple of years they have been around the £60-70 mark

but thats not including accomodation
Addicted to JUICE
~

Amelia_G

Post by Amelia_G » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Was £45 for the tickets last year I believe.
Then the accomodation in halls is either £90 or £110 (or roughly around those figures), of which £30 is a returnable deposit that you'll get back after the rooms have been checked and they've made sure no damage has occurred. So it only ends up costing between £60-80 for three nights accommodation, and the more expensive one allows two to a room, so if one of you doesn't mind the floor, it works out cheaper still.

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:00 pm

Thank you thats good to know must get some ovvertime in at work hehe :D

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:28 am

Infest has been cancelled this year due to the venue being refurbished and Bradford Uni being unable to provide an alternative.

This is the full statement I got from the Infest mailing list admin this morning
Hello folks

It is with sad feelings that we have to announce that Infest 2009 will not be taking place.

As previously announced, the Student Union complex is closing down for 12 months for a major refurbishment which led to a search for alternative venues. We had hoped to use a suitable alternative area in the main Bradford University building but unfortunately the university management have not been able to confirm this in time for us to prepare properly for the gig. Because of this delay, we're now at the stage where we simply do not have enough time to make the gig work this year. We're very disappointed and frustrated as you can imagine, but we've decided to to take this opportunity to have a well-earned rest.

We would like to thank everyone who has supported Infest over the years - for your faith and enthusiasm in the event - it's been truly inspiring. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with so many wonderful people and to see so many people enjoying a wide range of bands and music - it was comforting to see that all our hard work did not go to waste each year. The kind letters and emails we receive from you are a great support in the dark, stressful times when we frequently question whether the gig is worth all the stress and hassle.

Thank you for all your support!!!!

It's hopefully going to be a very relaxed summer for us - we hope you all have a great one too!

The Infest Crew
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

cybik

Post by cybik » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:53 am

That sucks massively. Bah! Oh well, twice as long to save for next year..
http://sana.etsy.com - my jewellery on etsy.
http://sana-jewellery.blogspot.com - my jewellery/crafts talk blog.
http://www.susannahgoodyear.co.uk - my main website.

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:48 pm

hehe someone beat me to it im pretty upset about that but at least i can save my money & go the year after
Dystopatica wrote:Infest has been cancelled this year due to the venue being refurbished and Bradford Uni being unable to provide an alternative.

This is the full statement I got from the Infest mailing list admin this morning
Hello folks

It is with sad feelings that we have to announce that Infest 2009 will not be taking place.

As previously announced, the Student Union complex is closing down for 12 months for a major refurbishment which led to a search for alternative venues. We had hoped to use a suitable alternative area in the main Bradford University building but unfortunately the university management have not been able to confirm this in time for us to prepare properly for the gig. Because of this delay, we're now at the stage where we simply do not have enough time to make the gig work this year. We're very disappointed and frustrated as you can imagine, but we've decided to to take this opportunity to have a well-earned rest.

We would like to thank everyone who has supported Infest over the years - for your faith and enthusiasm in the event - it's been truly inspiring. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with so many wonderful people and to see so many people enjoying a wide range of bands and music - it was comforting to see that all our hard work did not go to waste each year. The kind letters and emails we receive from you are a great support in the dark, stressful times when we frequently question whether the gig is worth all the stress and hassle.

It's hopefully going to be a very relaxed summer for us - we hope you all have a great one too!

The Infest Crew

Amelia_G

Post by Amelia_G » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:24 am

Boo :( I just saw that on Facebook this morning.
Ah well, means I'll have a bit more spare cash for Summer Darkness at the beginning of August.

-Glitsy-

Post by -Glitsy- » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:33 pm

well gutted
looks like i'll most likely be going to summer darkness as replacement :P

Amelia_G

Post by Amelia_G » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:22 pm

-Glitsy- wrote:well gutted
looks like i'll most likely be going to summer darkness as replacement :P
Yay! Maybe we can do a meet there instead. Probably be a small group, though, heh.

-Glitsy-

Post by -Glitsy- » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:20 pm

haha yeah we should ^.^

absolutebrutal

Post by absolutebrutal » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:58 pm

Wild.Rabbit.Ren wrote:hehe someone beat me to it im pretty upset about that but at least i can save my money & go the year after
Dystopatica wrote:Infest has been cancelled this year due to the venue being refurbished and Bradford Uni being unable to provide an alternative.

Hello folks

The Infest Crew

save the money and come to scarefest instead =P!
http://thebeadmarket.bigcartel.com/ - Beads, Craft Supplies, Incense and Oils, One of a kind home made items!

hokumdeadfall

Post by hokumdeadfall » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:05 am

OOOoooooowa

ah well, what you going to do ay? No doubt it'll be happening next year though :)
Addicted to JUICE
~

Return to “Events/ gigs/ Meet ups”