MIDLANDS Meet 2011

Please use this area to promote and events taking place of interest, gigs or meet ups!
Rhaeniel

MIDLANDS Meet 2011

Post by Rhaeniel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:49 pm

DATE: Saturday 9th July
TIME: 12 noon

I'm aiming to get to Birmingham New Street station by midday, although I know a few girls are going to get there earlier, but I'm not sure where they'll be.. I'll wait by the exit to the taxi ranks to meet anyone coming by train.

The plan is to go to Woktastic for sushi ***THEY ALSO SERVE CHINESE FOOD - ALTHOUGH WE DON'T HAVE TO GO HERE, THIS IS NEGOTIABLE!*** and then to a park.. not yet decided which park.

Attendees:

Sam Hopwood
Kelly Taylor
Li Sa C
Angela Lyons
Alessia Kitty Pedrosa
Krystabel Beeley
Monique McSidz
Laura Percival
Sarah Watson
Belle Welstead
Danielle Rose
Lauren Churnside
Cherie Rose Dale
Violet White
Emma Elliott
Typhoid Mary
Drew Brent
Amy Amadea
Louisa Claire Carleton
Suzanne Hunt

(in the order you appear in the 'attending' list)

Please let me know if you would like my mobile number so we can keep track of each other.. otherwise, I don't hold much hope of keeping track of everyone who's supposed to be arriving at the station and I probably won't know if you're late - I have a VERY bad memory!

RIGHT. This isn't really going anywhere, so I've started a facebook event thingy for this instead, as I know of a few people in Leicester who might be interested but aren't on the forum, or aren't active members and would miss this thread.. so, go here for more info - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 70&pending
Ta x

Okay, so I'd love to have another get-together in the Midlands if enough people are up for it?

Where in the Midlands.. and when is best for people?

I'm thinking spring, before the heat of summer kicks in but not too early that it's still chilly. So... April?
I'd also like to vote for Leicester as it's easiest for me, but I don't mind travelling if people would rather go somewhere else. Birmingham is another good option - big, easy to get to by train, etc..

So yeah.. let me know what you think :)
Last edited by Rhaeniel on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

kyandii

Re: MIDLANDS Meet 2011

Post by kyandii » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:50 pm

+1 for Leicester :D
Spring/summer is good for me

Love Bunny

Post by Love Bunny » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:52 pm

I'm in :D as long as its not too out the way/too much transport for me (I'm in derby)
~Jess ♥

International Secret Sweet & Savoury Swap! Sign Up HERE!

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:56 pm

yay! :D I could properly organise the lot if it's in Leicester, as I know it well.. Brum is a bit big and scary and I don't know it so well, so I'd have a bit of trouble organising it there.. so I'm hoping this can be in Leicester! :)
Love Bunny wrote:I'm in :D as long as its not too out the way/too much transport for me (I'm in derby)
I'm not sure where the trains go to, but I think there's a line that goes through Leicester and up to Derby..? If not, then there's probably one to Brum.. Brum is still an option :)
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

kyandii

Post by kyandii » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Rhaeniel wrote: I'm not sure where the trains go to, but I think there's a line that goes through Leicester and up to Derby..?
There is indeed, it's a direct one aswell, so no swapping & hopping on and off trains

somekindafreak

Post by somekindafreak » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Brum or Leicester is doable for me and Avalon :D

April is York meet though so could itbe May possibly?
Indecisive army FTW

"So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways..."

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:56 pm

I'll come if I can. Leicester/Derby/Nottingham is best for me, East Mids basically. I am away for the easter hols though, which is April 16th onwards I think, so if it was in those 2 weeks i can't come. Otherwise count me in. I have been rubbish about attending these and would like to come to this one :)
telling it like it is!

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:04 pm

I prefer Leicester / Derby or Nottingham as Brummy is abit out the way for little me.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Leicester is possible for me to get to, but absolutely everywhere else in the Midlands is easier.

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Ooh I may pop along depending on where it is and funds, even though technically i'm a southerner ^_^
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:54 pm

somekindafreak wrote:Brum or Leicester is doable for me and Avalon :D

April is York meet though so could itbe May possibly?

Oooh, yes sorry I forgot about that! No worries :) maybe we'll move it to summer if more people can do that?

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Noodles! wrote:Ooh I may pop along depending on where it is and funds, even though technically i'm a southerner ^_^
Hey, so am I - I just live here now ;)

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Rhaeniel wrote:
Noodles! wrote:Ooh I may pop along depending on where it is and funds, even though technically i'm a southerner ^_^
Hey, so am I - I just live here now ;)
lol! yeah me too. I constantly get people saying, "oo, you sound posh, you're not from round here" I have been here coming up 10 years though!
telling it like it is!

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:56 am

I'm up for it, I can get pretty much anywhere so ^^
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:05 am

god dam
i so wanna go on one of these meet ups, why cant people live closer to me lol
im rubbish with travelling and miles etc does anyone know how far away it is from somerset?
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:23 pm

a long way! lol! I went to devon and it took us about 4hours in a car on the way there, and about a million years on the way home!
telling it like it is!

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:34 pm

Wow, yeah - Somerset is a TREK. Be alright if you were having a weekend break, but I wouldn't want to travel that far for just the day!

MissAnthropik wrote:lol! yeah me too. I constantly get people saying, "oo, you sound posh, you're not from round here" I have been here coming up 10 years though!
Where are you from originally?
I'm a north london gal - Enfield to be precise.. been in Leicester about 5 years now.
I get that occasionally.. although I once got asked where in the Antipodes I was from... O_o er......... that's Australia/New Zealand!! I know I'm southern, but not THAT far south!!

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm up for this too! I don't mind where it's held, I'm in the West Midlands - but don't mind driving to Leicester or somewhere around that area. Late Spring would be good for me, and ideally a Sunday.....but I only work till Midday on Saturdays so could pop along after work if a Saturday is decided on (unless it's May half term then I'm free free free!)

Yay! Exciting!

Edit: Thanks for taking up the reins and starting to organise this Rhaeniel!

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Rhaeniel wrote:
MissAnthropik wrote:lol! yeah me too. I constantly get people saying, "oo, you sound posh, you're not from round here" I have been here coming up 10 years though!
Where are you from originally?
I'm a north london gal - Enfield to be precise.. been in Leicester about 5 years now.
I get that occasionally.. although I once got asked where in the Antipodes I was from... O_o er......... that's Australia/New Zealand!! I know I'm southern, but not THAT far south!!
I'm from Cambridge.

I have also had someone think my accent was NZ :shock:
telling it like it is!

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:22 pm

How odd!
Ah, Cambridge - lovely City :)

KelsieStars wrote:I'm up for this too! I don't mind where it's held, I'm in the West Midlands - but don't mind driving to Leicester or somewhere around that area. Late Spring would be good for me, and ideally a Sunday.....but I only work till Midday on Saturdays so could pop along after work if a Saturday is decided on (unless it's May half term then I'm free free free!)

Yay! Exciting!

Edit: Thanks for taking up the reins and starting to organise this Rhaeniel!
No worries - I hope I'm up to the job!
I'm thinking a Sunday would be best, unless anyone has any objections?
I'm a housewife, so it makes no difference to me what day we meet :)

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:12 pm

I can only do saturdays or sundays unless it's the school hols, and if it's the easter hols as I said, i'll be away, so that wouldn't hlep anyway. So yeah, sat or sun if I am to come (or a cunning way of making sure I'm not there would be to arrange on a weekday! ;) )
telling it like it is!

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:20 pm

If I was to get to Leicester, I would have to go to either Derby or Birmingham and change trains, and it'd take at least an hour either way, whereas it's about half that to Birmingham.

The train I'd get is on the commuter line from Derby, between Derby and Birmingham the maximum number of stops would be five but it stops at two of those approximately once every two hours so it's usually just three.

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:54 am

Well if it's easier for everyone to do Brum then we'll do Brum.. it's just that I can't really be 'meet organiser' there cos I hardly know the place.

So if someone local could help decide when/where in Brum is best, then that'd be great - all I know is that if I get the train there, I end up at Birmingham New Street station, which is near the Bull Ring. That's about as far as my knowledge of Brum goes!

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:00 am

Ooh, I have an idea - anyone who finds it easier to get to Leicester, I can meet up with you and then we can travel to Brum together.. if that makes it easier? (I'm thinking of you, Chrissy)

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:09 pm

Rhaeniel wrote:Ooh, I have an idea - anyone who finds it easier to get to Leicester, I can meet up with you and then we can travel to Brum together.. if that makes it easier? (I'm thinking of you, Chrissy)
Thats quite a good idea actually
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

Return to “Events/ gigs/ Meet ups”