How to : dread SWAP ? :)

Forum rules
You must have 50 posts and have been with us for 30 days or more to post in this section.
This is a community and we require you to be an active member to trade with other members.
Any posts or replies will be deleted if you do not meet these criteria.
Hibiscus

How to : dread SWAP ? :)

Post by Hibiscus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi,

I don't know how dread swap works :'( but I would like to propose a swap of dreads ...

Can someone tell me how to propose a swap ?

Do I have to say what I want, or simply show some pix and wait for some swapies ?
Can I choose the one I prefer for my future dreads ?

Sorry, I didn't see these informations nowhere :'(

Thanks !

Twiggy

Re: How to : dread SWAP ? :)

Post by Twiggy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:40 am

oh good topic i was wondering how it all works as well
<<Giggles, Lollipops && Firearms>>

Cyan1deCandy Dreads

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:12 am

I've participated in two on here and both were done differently. Whoever runs it gets to decide how it works, I believe, as long as all parties get something.

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:02 am

essentially you ask for participants and set a date for it to close. usually people are asked to provide pictures of their work. after that you send a questionnaire out to everyone taking part. this will normally include questions like will you ship internationally, colours you like/hate, roving/synth, make se/de, average thickness etc. once they come back in then the organiser will try to pair people up based on what their surveys say.

every effort is made to match people up to what they normally make, ie. match up two people making chunky dreads and experience. it's not really fair to match someone who's only made 1 set up with someone who sells them. matching people can be difficult depending on who signs up. the numbers will dictate the type of swap. it is easiest to pair people up but if there's an uneven number then you'd have to do a circle swap, eg. 1 sends to 2, 2 sends to 3 and 3 sends to 1.

after that then it's a case of setting a date for sets to be sent by and keeping your fingers crossed that everything goes ok and no one screws anyone over! of course you can always just try to have a swap with one other person without all this hassle.
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

Hibiscus

Post by Hibiscus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:26 am

All right, this is for a 'huge' swap :)

But, can I propose a individual swap (I propose my dreads) and then wait for some answer ... and choose ?

Thanks, sorry for aaaall the questions ^^'

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:39 am

If I was you, I'd say what you are looking for as well that you are looking for an indivual swap. Like if you want chunky or thin, or blends, because every dreadmaker is different. People have their specialities so it makes it easier. (Some people don't do transitionals or candycanes. So being specific isn't always a bad thing)
*Rule Obsessor*

Hibiscus

Post by Hibiscus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:04 pm

All right :)

Thank you for your advice and tips, I think I'll make a 'individual swap' post with some pix of my work and my wish ^^

kiss :)

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:53 pm

I've done individual swaps with a couple people. Mainly I find someone whose dread style I like and just ask them if they want to swap with me. Trade pics back & forth, discuss the number of dreads to be made, your preferences on color, length etc... and then just stay in contact wihle you work.
My most recent swap was with dreadstarrs and it was fun talking back & forth & then getting to see what your finished dreads end up like and get to see pics of the set you made on them.
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Hibiscus

Post by Hibiscus » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Yeah, this is what I'm doing with *meme* , I'm so happy ! :D

Return to “Swap Shop”