confetti - tissue paper - luxary gift/craft items ribbon etc

Forum rules
You must have 50 posts and have been with us for 30 days or more to post in this section.
This is a community and we require you to be an active member to trade with other members.
Any posts or replies will be deleted if you do not meet these criteria.
Candy.Acid

confetti - tissue paper - luxary gift/craft items ribbon etc

Post by Candy.Acid » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:57 pm

I'm looking for some nice little bits to wrap my hair extensions in when i post them to people, and pretty sequins etc but i'm looking for some sort of alternative style of bits, its hard to explain really, but i dont just want the usual stuff you can get on ebay and in pound shops, i want sort of different stuff like 'luxary' if you know what i mean?

stuff like..

confetti
stickers
ribbon
bows
envelopes
tissue paper

etc

if anyone has anything they think i might like please post a piccy for me :) xXx thank you xXx

CherryLex

Re: confetti - tissue paper - luxary gift/craft items ribbon etc

Post by CherryLex » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:43 pm

I don't have any currently but now is the time to start looking in dollar stores & craft stores for Halloween themed stuff like this. I've found tissue paper w/bats or pumpkins on it, little confetti & sequins in halloween shapes (intended to sprinkle on tables for party decorations or put into holiday cards). Same goes for ribbons. I also shop for these things around Valentine's day to get hearts & such.
Have a poke around your local shops - I've definitely been seeing the Halloween stuff out around here already, and you won't have to pay for shipping if you find it local :)
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Elstaro

Post by Elstaro » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:31 am

I have some glittery tissue paper in green red and white and lots of ribbons, bows and such. Its all in the very back of my closet Ill look through it all tomorrow and post some pics maybe theres something inthere you can use. Im about to move and need to get rid of some clutter anyway :i2:
I poo rainbows ^_^

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Try looking anywhere that has scrapbooking supplies. There are a lot of cool ribbons out there that are sold for scrapbooking rather than other ribbon-y crafts, and a lot of the time they'll come in packs with lots of different patterns. Scrapbooking stickers usually have way moer variety than regular stickers as well, although they cost a bit more.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Whenever I see black tissue paper. I stock up on it! I'd like to have all black shipping materials--but that gets expensive, unless dealing in serious bulk (like 500 +). Definitely go to your local Dollar Store (Pound Store?) and check it out often. Sometimes they get in nice stuff, so you've always got to be checking. Also, craft stores, especially during sale time.

Candy.Acid

Post by Candy.Acid » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions!

I go to the pound stores where i live but they just aren't exactly what im looking for really. i guess im just too fussy lol! At the moment im using black and white stripey sweet bags to put the hair in along with black star confetti and then black shiny mail bags, i guess they do look quite neat but i just want more stuff, i would love some pretty tissue paper instead of just plain stuff, but meh! please post any piccys you have if you think you have some cool stuff :) xXx

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:31 pm

around here the dollar shops have things like zebra print tissue paper, have you tried asking them if they can order anything strange? if it's a small franchise or locally owned shop they may be able to :)
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:05 am

If you want very luxurious stuff, you could try department stores. I found some very nice tissue paper and ribbon at a place here called Myer, or perhaps it was David Jones, and whilst it was expensive, the quality was amazing :) Around certain holidays they get interesting patterns too.
More human than human

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:14 am

OMG, I'm such a dumby! Etsy.com has TONS of great luxury packaging supplies! Lots of tags and hand dyed tissue papers and hand cut confetti and all sort of bobbles. Of course--why didn't I think of that before.

Deathwish_

Post by Deathwish_ » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:10 pm

If its real luxury you're after then if you have a Paperchase near you then thats the place to go.
The downside is, it can be a bit expensive.......
But they have the most gorgeous papers and ribbons etc. Its totally worth it.
The one near me is inside of Selfridges if that helps at all.

And some card shops have coloured tissue paper and sequin combination-type packet things. Plus card shops have like a million and one kinds of confetti and bows :lol:

And fabric shops usually have lots of kinds of ribbons and sequins.
Plus just general pretty bits ^_^

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 am

i second Paperchase, but have you tried Ryman (used to be Stationery Box) ?

they dont have a huge selection, but i got some gorgeous leopard print tissue paper from there, i used it to wrap dreads before posting them
i remember seeing a star print one too, im not sure what else other than the usual plain colours

they tend to have a lot of cute stickers, confetti etc too, or they did last time i was in anyway lol

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:29 pm

Go QD in town! I get all sorts of rubbish from there. It's a bit hit or miss, but sometimes you can get some real gems!

jjimmy

Re: confetti - tissue paper - luxary gift/craft items ribbon

Post by jjimmy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:22 am

tissue paper is really luxary gift thanks to share. :i3: :|

Monique_marion_may

Re: confetti - tissue paper - luxary gift/craft items ribbon

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Paperchase or hobby craft.

Return to “Want to Buy”