Visited Links

IKickShins

Visited Links

Post by IKickShins » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:46 am

Any chance of making the visited links a different color from the ones we haven't viewed yet? On the old HH, that's how I kept track of which show-offs I had looked at already.. its not a huge deal now, but I'm going to miss it terribly once people start transitioning over to this board and the volume of posts goes up.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Spooki

Re: Visited Links

Post by Spooki » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:27 pm

the only way i know of is to change your browser settings so it over rides the site's settings. in firefox you can do this by going >tools >options >content tab. then under "fonts and colors" click on the colors button. uncheck the box that says "allow pages to chose their own colors".

the only problem with that it applies to every web site you go on, so it makes some look really bad. it's not worth it to me to keep switching back and forth or keep it like that.

there should be some way to code the board to change the color of visited links.

oh, you can also go to the user control panel and change the board's theme. prosilver shows the icon next to the thread as a different color if you click on it. subsilver2 actually changes the link colors.

supervixxen

Post by supervixxen » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:20 pm

Looking into changing the default layout so that the colours are different :)
As Spooki said, for now, you can use the Prosilver or Subsilver theme.

Thank you to everyone so far who has pointed out tech issues...it's helping us out a LOT!

doclocks
Site Admin

Post by doclocks » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:21 am

After 12 hours of posting/editing/coding, your faithful admin, wants you to know that enough is enough. lol

This is my last fix for the evening and I am putting down the drug that is the HH board. It has been changed to reflect a different color for visited topics.

I will pick up this terrible addiction again in the morning.
Goodnight!
Doctored Locks :)
Sophisticated supplies for hair extension architects.
Hair extensions, installation supplies, 300+ free DIY tutorials, classes and installations.

Return to “Technical Issues”