Post count dropped?

MrsEss

Post count dropped?

Post by MrsEss » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Hey mods,

I may be going crazy & the answer may be blatantly obvious but my post count has halved? & some (if not all) other active members have too.

What up??

LittlePinkFaery

Re: Post count dropped?

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:10 pm

We deleted all the threads in a section in our 'pending thread deletion' viewable only to mods- so any thread that has been delted since the boards creation has now been deleted for good as they were clogging up space.

We won't be keeping threads for ages anymore- it was a kind of dumping ground that was not being cleared out.

Sorry if it has upset anyone- but really we can't keep hold of old threads and we needed a spring clean!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Nah, not upset. just curious.

Thanks

:D

PrettyDreadful

Post by PrettyDreadful » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Losing the post count kinda makes things unfair for members who wanna use the A&P section.

We're required to have 50 posts to use that section.
For example , if someone had 100 posts before and now they only have 25 posts , does that mean they can't use the A&P section ?

:roll:

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:18 pm

good point .. but i'd say with the chat thread and various show off/what I bought/Make up etc threads it's not hard to reach 50... and you'll still have been a member for the same amount of time

PrettyDreadful

Post by PrettyDreadful » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Yeah hun, I know what you mean .
I still don't think its fair though .
Alot of threads can be quite intimidating for members who aren't as active as others.

I just dont think its right for anyone to lose the priviledge of using the A&P section if they've already earned it .

The reason I was asking is because a member wanted to purchase some items from me , she didnt meet the 50 post count , but she's been a member for several months lol.
Was kinda confusing after the post count drop:P

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:00 pm

mmm, indeed.

I think the people that lost the most posts are the ones that live on the chat thread (me, for example :P)

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:51 pm

It is really only those in the chat threads that lost lots of posts.

I understand your thinking baout 50 posts but at the same time we do need to do housekeeping on the board. It is an area we neglected and it is doubtful such a large amount will be lost again as we will not be hoarding old posts and will be deleting more often.

As said, sorry if this upset anyone. If anyone was directly affected meaning they couldn't trade, it would have meant they were someone who only really used the chat thread- most new members do make the effort to post elsewhere and to be honest not many new people break into the chat threads that quickly and only post there.

So again, sorry if it uspet anyone, NO ONE has complained to any of us directly that they are affected re the 50 post issue.

I have put an anouncement in tech details regarding post counts dropping when housekeeping is done- it is a totally normal thing and DOES happen on other boards, I remember losing about 300 posts on a doll forum when they did some housekeeping- it is something that has to be done.

I don't think anything else needs to be said here- if this has effected someone directly- please PM one of us.

Return to “Technical Issues”