Selling on board...?

Delirium

Selling on board...?

Post by Delirium » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Excuse me if this is in the wrong section; I was unsure.
What exactly counts as 'contributory posts'? When exactly can I start promoting business on this forum?

halocaustic

Re: Selling on board...?

Post by halocaustic » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:05 pm

This sounds like you're more interested in selling and promoting than being part of the community. We do whatever we can to dissuade that.

Posts that contribute properly to the hair community are what we look for before people sell. Simple "Wow I love those colours" on show-offs are the type of things we don't consider contributing to the community.

We've had a real problem with people just coming here to sell and trade and not having much interest in being part of the community as a whole. This is how we dissuade them.

if someone reaches 50 posts and then starts trading, often one of us will have a look at their posts and if we feel they have been posting inane comments just to sell here, we delete them. Also if someone reaches 50 posts and starts selling, and then never contributes elsewhere, we can delete their trading posts.

Selling is a privelege for contributing members only.

EDIT: Looking back through your posts, it seems that most a majority of your posts are comments on show-offs just simply saying you like them. With this in mind, and taking into account you posted this...we would probably delete some of these posts before we would allow you to sell. You've pretty much admitted here that selling/promoting is your main agenda and I know that I have PMd you before asking you to remove an advertising link.

Our selling rules are quite strict, we are aware of that, but they are there to protect our community from being used as a marketplace and to protect our members from unreliable traders.
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

Return to “Technical Issues”