Can't post pictures...pls help

chaoskarma

Can't post pictures...pls help

Post by chaoskarma » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Can someone pls tell me how to post pictures?? I have tried photobucket and have had no luck due to the fact I cannot download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. I am new to the whole world of computers.... ( i know, funny right?) and can't get any pics for you all to see. why can't I use pics right from the files I have on my computer? Don't get it.

ScarletLady

Re: Can't post pictures...pls help

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:06 pm

You need to upload them to a hosting site (like photobucket). Have you tried flickr? It's easy to use, you just upload your photos to there and copy and paste the url of the image into a reply using the Img button

For example -

[img]paste%20your%20image%20url%20here[/img]
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:13 am

scarletlady is right, you cannot use the files from your computer because we don't have photo hosting capacity. You need to have them somewhere on the internet to link to, then you use code to either display the link, or preferably (as people don't like clicking links) use the code to display them right in the post.

Content always needs to be uploaded, sites like facebook have the capacity to upload and store your photos there, most forum sites or blogs will require you to host your photos somewhere else. There are lots of places that do this for free these days.
telling it like it is!

doclocks
Site Admin

Post by doclocks » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:32 pm

This is an old school board - you have to upload the image somewhere first, then use the image brackets around the url. :) Hopefully, we can convert this board into a new format soon, but we are trying to find a platform where we don't lose our archived data. :)
Doctored Locks :)
Sophisticated supplies for hair extension architects.
Hair extensions, installation supplies, 300+ free DIY tutorials, classes and installations.

Return to “Technical Issues”