ORKUT - A community of fakes??

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
[Phexxie]

ORKUT - A community of fakes??

Post by [Phexxie] » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:37 pm

i apologise if this is not allowed or should be in another section, but i felt that i should point it out just incase this is happening to anoyone else!

this is not hair related, but it is STILL picture and identity theft
i recently discovered a fake profile on ORKUT (googles own networking site) or rather my boyfriend did by accident

the girl in question is using my professional modelling pictures as well as part of my name (i go by Phexxie Bizarre, she is Phexxie Murder)

now, i know this is not hair related but its all very odd! i tried to report her but i dont think the staff will do anything as i do not have an 'official' ID to prove who i am

anyway, long story short, i created a profile and i am doing what i can to ensure that members there know she is a fake and that i am the real me, she is located in Quatar

ive just had a message from someone claiming to be her friend, saying that she is also a fake and its is 'normal' to do such a thing!
i have only been using an online translator to understand her, she has been messaging me in portugese so i will include both the original text and my translation, i cant include my replies as she has deleted them from her profile
if anyone can offer a better translation please do so!

oioioi passei pra avisar que conheço uma phexxie bizarre original

obg

oioioi to warn that I know a bizarre phexxie original obg

é ja tem fake dela original u.u

foi isso que tentei dizer =x

it already has its original fake uu that's what I tried to say = x

ok
ela é minha amiga
eu tambem sou fake
aqui é normal fazermos isso

ok she is my friend I'm also a fake here is normal do that

e porque você fez um orkut?

e tá bom vou fala com ela

para ela mudar as fotos

tem varias modelos que permite

a minha fake

a liama permitiu

por que você tambem ñ poderia permitir?

and because you made an orkut? and okay I'll talk to her her to change the photo has several models that allows my fake Liam allowed that you also could allow ñ?

ok
eu vou fala com ela
u.u

mas porque você criou uma conta no orkut?

ok I'll talk to her uu but because you created an account on orkut?

ok como vocÊ ficou sabendo?

vou sair agora

tchau

ok How did you hear? will leave now bye

as you can see, this girl has actually ADMITTED to being a fake, and seems to think this is ok?? nuts :lol:

the girl faking me goes by Phexxie Murder, the girl i have been talking to above goes by Sweet Murder, i also think another girl called Angel Murder is a fake

so, theres every chance that someone else might be getting faked over there, thought i should let you all know :D

i am going to try contacting the admin team again and see if i can get anything sorted, this is all a bit too crazy!

sammu

Re: ORKUT - A community of fakes??

Post by sammu » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:15 am

It's not a role-playing site is it? I remember back in the day my artwork was stolen (as well as loads of my friends/acquaintances) on Yahoo, but these profiles were merely there for RP, than slander/deceit etc...

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:33 pm

i dont believe so Cirque... i think it is just a new and not very popular networking site, from what i can tell at least
it seems that most of the members are foreign, a lot of them are Portugese

the terms etc. on the site say you can report people for impersonation or picture stealing (which i did but they havent got back to me) so im guessing its not role playing
the girl i spoke to seems a bit put off by the fact that i found out about their little gaggle of fakes, as she asked how i found out about them :lol:

i dont know what theyre up to... im going to go and check the sites terms and whatnot again....

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:35 pm

One of the guys I work with is Portugese, I will ask him to read them when he has 5 minutes spare and see what he makes of it!! :)
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

TwiggyDEVOUR

Post by TwiggyDEVOUR » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:10 pm

I absolutely hate that site >:/ It is full of fakes..and no it isn't a role-play site.
But role-play, or not, people shouldn't be going round stealing others' images for the soul use of creating such accounts.
I've had (more like 'have') this problem too on there. It's very annoying as it seems to be mainly people in europe using the site. I think europes' think it's fine and believe noone would ever find or be pointed out for having a fake account.
Most sites you can contact to have the fake accounts removed, but something tells me that site doesnt give a sh*t if someone else is using your images..which is why I haven't bothered to get on the case with my fakers :/

Best thing to do is watermark images in groups..like with vampirefreaks you can add their watermark on too.. and do another set of images watermarked to Myspace, etc etc. That way you can notice which profiles they are stalking/taking images from what, and it also helps with others that come across the fake accounts, as they will see the watermark might be out of place on a different site. But make sure its in a good location on the image. Despite doing this technique myself, I still get the odd few who bother to crop/edit over my watermarks ¬ ¬

..besides that, there are plenty of people out there who think this behaviour is fine and allowed. They just don't care :s after all..it's your images and reputation they may be ruining, not their own.

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:30 pm

ive tried contacting them, with pictures of my ID cards etc as well as a pic of me holding them... and they havent done a thing :(
i really dont think the admin give a toss, so many people are being faked and theyre not doing a thing

i cant believe the users actually think its not a problem!
its damn annoying to know theres nothing we can really do about it :(

TwiggyDEVOUR

Post by TwiggyDEVOUR » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:17 pm

^ this doesn't surprise me :/

Return to “Copyright?”