Watermarking

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
dragongirl

Watermarking

Post by dragongirl » Sat May 30, 2009 1:50 pm

To my knowledge I haven't had anyone steal my photos as of yet, but still I think it would be safer to watermark them. But I'm not sure how? If anyway can explain how to do this It would be very helpful. Thanks. :i2:

sammu

Re: Watermarking

Post by sammu » Sat May 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Open a picture in a paint program (e.g. Paint Shop Pro/Photoshop) click text, type what you want to do (like... (C) Dragongirl Dreads 2009) and in the Layer Properties change the text transparency to around 20-50% depending on the text colour and the background colour.

On Deviantart you get picture-by-picture tutorials too, so it's worth checking out the Watermarking Tutorials there, too. :)

halocaustic

Post by halocaustic » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:26 pm

Is there any way to do it in bulk? I've always had problems with picture theft and stupidly my pics aren't watermarked (however they're quite recognisable).

The thought of photoshopping and re-uploading every single picture is quite depressing. I have a massive portfolio!
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

sammu

Post by sammu » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:42 pm

halocaustic wrote:Is there any way to do it in bulk? I've always had problems with picture theft and stupidly my pics aren't watermarked (however they're quite recognisable).

The thought of photoshopping and re-uploading every single picture is quite depressing. I have a massive portfolio!
Hmm... the only place I know of that will put a watermark on for you is Deviantart, but I've been out of the art scene for a while now so I'm not sure where else would do it. :?

starlight

Post by starlight » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:12 am

halocaustic wrote:Is there any way to do it in bulk? I've always had problems with picture theft and stupidly my pics aren't watermarked (however they're quite recognisable).

can be automated in photoshop.. ever made a macro? I can explain but don't have time right now, plus depends how photoshop-savvy you are.. try google, you're looking for 'actions' (window -> actions).. and you'd still need to re-upload :? pm me if you want more info..

VibrantDoll

Post by VibrantDoll » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:44 am

The best way to do it in bulk is to make a brush out of it. THere are tutorials on Deviant Art on how to make brushes.

You make the brush. You bring up the picture. You stamp it. You save it. Papoof you're good.

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:06 pm

I just have my watermark saved (still in font form) in a template that's the size I want all of my photos. I slap all of them in that window or resize first if I need to, and tada. That way if I want to change the colors or make the watermark HairEnigma.com or HE instead of just HairEnigma, I can change it pretty easy :D

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:44 pm

I just have my watermark saved (still in font form) in a template that's the size I want all of my photos. I slap all of them in that window or resize first if I need to, and tada. That way if I want to change the colors or make the watermark HairEnigma.com or HE instead of just HairEnigma, I can change it pretty easy
What a simple but brilliant idea, that way you can always just add it to another picture... I might give this a go to see if it will save me any time!! :D
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

dare2wear

Post by dare2wear » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:36 am

this is probably too late but might help other people.
i use this program: FastStone Photo Resizer. just google it, its free to download. pretty easy to figure out how to use. you can add your watermark to hundreds of pics with just 1 click (:

sammu

Post by sammu » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:28 am

dare2wear wrote:

this is probably too late but might help other people.
i use this program: FastStone Photo Resizer. just google it, its free to download. pretty easy to figure out how to use. you can add your watermark to hundreds of pics with just 1 click (:
Thank you! I'll bookmark that now and look more into it tomorrow morning. ^_^

acia lust

Post by acia lust » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:36 am

CirqueMachine wrote:

Hmm... the only place I know of that will put a watermark on for you is Deviantart, but I've been out of the art scene for a while now so I'm not sure where else would do it. :?
i just looked into that, and i believe you may have to be a premium member to do that. it wont let me do that for my art.

BioMekanisk

Post by BioMekanisk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:19 am

I'm pretty sure you could try doing it on Photobucket as well, but I'm not sure.

starlight

Post by starlight » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:14 pm

I've just seen that picasa will do it for you (free to download, it's by google). There's an option to watermark when you export your photos, and you can export whole albums or more at a time. It's also a pretty handy program for organising your pictures in general..

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:54 am

i used this site before http://www.watermark.ws/
its simple and you an upload bunches at a time :)

Return to “Copyright?”