pinkzombi

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
Neimh

pinkzombi

Post by Neimh » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:14 am

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I was browsing eBay earlier and I came across this auction and thought the picture looked very familiar.. http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-cyber-goth-d ... 240%3A1318

Basically they've taken one of Halocaustic's pictures from her site, over-exposed it, flipped it horizontally and slapped a watermark on it. I'm pretty sure some other pictures on that page are stolen but I can't quite place them. They seem to think if they edit them a little it makes it ok. :/
They also have a website, I've not had much of a look about the entire thing but the same picture of Halocaustic's dreads are on there too. http://www.pinkzombi.com/dreadfalls.html

They claim they've been making dreads for six years.. so what possible excuse could they have for taking pictures of someone else's work showcasing it as their own? The mind boggles.

Just thought I'd let everyone know since I'm not entirely sure how to approach the whole "reporting someone for stealing images" thing heh. :oops:
Last edited by Neimh on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Vicsarina

Re: pinkzombi

Post by Vicsarina » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:18 am

Have you pm'd Halocaustic? It'd just help alert her to this thread quicker, because I know a lot of people will check their e-mails more often than the board. (My notifications show up through messenger, so I know pretty quickly then).

And it's the right place:)
*Rule Obsessor*

Neimh

Post by Neimh » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:27 am

Ahh I didn't think of that, I'm such a newb at all of this. :oops: I'll pm her now though. ^.^
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 am

At least you brought it to everyone's attention. It will help others see if she's stolen other work.
*Rule Obsessor*

halocaustic

Post by halocaustic » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:32 pm

I always have problems with idiots like this.

6 years of experience my ass....newbie moron who thinks they'll actually sell dreads with no pictures except ones from a well known site. Duuuuuhhhhhh. Okay then....

I've reported it to ebay and messaged the seller. I suppose they won't realise they've ruined their rep before it even started because everyone will just remember them as the person who stole other people's work...just like cherryscentedstars.

When will they learn? Ha ha!
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

Return to “Copyright?”