Suspicious Etsy

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
Zombie_Medusa

Suspicious Etsy

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:22 am

I stumbled across this girls Etsy while randomly looking for Dread Falls.
Something about this account just seems odd.

I am a huge triplesix fan and i google her quite often, mostly because her makeup abilities are oustanding to me. I dont regonize any of these pictures but this girl could be Mandii's twin minus the makup.

Also the "Dreads" she makes are strikingly similiar to the ones "Miss Liberty" made for six

Her about me says this:
I make pre-made and custom hair pieces such as fringes, dread falls, dread extensions, hair bows, cyberlox, hair clips, color streaks and other unique items.

DREAD FALLS:
***Looking for a new hair style, but don't want to change your hair? Dread falls might just be what you're looking for! Coming in a large variety of styles, lengths and colors, dread falls give you a totally new and different look in just a few minutes, and can be removed at the end of the day! Whether you're going out to a party,club, rave, to hang out with friends, or just around town, wearing dread falls will make heads turn and people stare! ***

Triplesix's website says the exact same thing. Even if she didnt steal pictures, she stole info. She also has the same pricing as Triplesix, not the pricing for the regular dreads (triplesix is normally like 180$ i believe?), hers are 130 BUT the whole "*EXTRAS*
Plain Dreads: 10 for $10
Swirl/Candycane: 10 for $20"
is coppied directly from triplesix's website. She also gives away a free black headband with each order....hmmm.

Idk if these photos are stolen, but her information is.

Heres the link to her :
http://www.etsy.com/listing/72531872/cu ... ef=pr_shop
Even if we dont have the same beliefs/ideas, I will respect you. I will offer you common decency. You don't have to impress me, because I'm not here to impress you

rivetlicker_

Re: Suspicious Etsy

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:08 pm

$10 for a headband?! Insane :i6:

I'm not sure about those pics though, never seen them before.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Ok, just read the profile and she definitely isn't claiming to be triplesix, she just dressed the same way. So the pictures aren't stolen..
BUT, if she did copy the info from Mandee's site, its a no-no. It seems like she did, or like I've at least read that description before, but I couldn't find it anywhere on Mandees site, so theres really nothing to go on.
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Hmmm, the dreads do look an awful lot like some of my old work, but I cannot claim them as mine, at least not for certain. Unless she bought them used from a client of mine, they are just made in a very similar way. I remember just about all the clients I have worked with, and she does not seem familiar to me at all.

It appears as if she is just such a fan of TripleSixx that she has decided to imitate or emulate her look and feel as much as possible. While it is much better to go with ones OWN style, I don't know if she is technically doing anything really wrong. Stealing verbiage may be pushing it. Perhaps that needs a little tweaking, but its not like she copied and pasted pages and pages of text word for word either.

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 pm

I myself have looked to similar sellers for help in how to organize info or price lists, but I always write it in my own way and come up with my own prices. Copying word for word just seems silly. Especially when you may not even offer the same services lol

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:09 am

I don't recognize her customer pictures from anywhere else. It looks like she made a few sets for herself and then had friends model them to get more pictures -- notice the repeats of the black/blue/blond and the black/pink.

I think she's just a big TripleSix fan who tried to make similar dreads (and by extension, like anyone TripleSix used to regularly buy from before making her own dreads) to complete her doppelganger look, and I suspect if one were to buy dreads from her, one would receive the same quality/style in the listings.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

elliss_seven

Post by elliss_seven » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:45 am

Gromidez wrote:I myself have looked to similar sellers for help in how to organize info or price lists, but I always write it in my own way and come up with my own prices. Copying word for word just seems silly. Especially when you may not even offer the same services lol
It IS silly! ..I've stumbled across other sellers pages to notice that they've copied my info word from word. The prices are different, but all the wording is mine!! Right down to how I have it laid out.
I'm not really bothered by it, I think it's funny more than anything. .I can tell who was 'inspired' by me. Hah. [..Like I wouldn't notice!]
The one and only .. Facebook.com/ls.seven

elliss_seven

Post by elliss_seven » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:47 am

..It is disturbing to totally copy someone else's look though!
The one and only .. Facebook.com/ls.seven

lightpearl

Post by lightpearl » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:25 am

Yeah, I agree. I stumbled upon that seller about 2 weeks ago, and I thought it was triplesix straight off the bat? I hate when people go around stealing picture though.. Even if she didn't steal any pictures, she obviously copied the info, and dressing up as her? So she's a huge fan..?
Evil will not reign on this day!

Return to “Copyright?”