Quick Q

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
RachelRecoil

Quick Q

Post by RachelRecoil » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Thanks everyone for your help.
Last edited by RachelRecoil on Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix

Re: Quick Q

Post by Phoenix » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:00 pm

So what has been stolen? Sorry if that sounds blunt. If you can provide an example of what she's taken and changed it may be easier to work out if you can do anything about it.

RachelRecoil

Post by RachelRecoil » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Last edited by RachelRecoil on Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:21 pm

I cannot see how that is the same? You have to accept that names of things don't really change. The lay out is different and her prices are different.

There is nothing you can do, someone can charge what they want and call the length of their dreads what they want swirls/ candy canes- all names that have been long in existance. Maybe that idea is similar in both texts but it is not enough to really do anything about.

for instance I coined the term 'Banshee falls' for the big backcombed falls I make and have made since 2001. I didn't like it when someone else used the phrase- they told me they just thought that was what they were called- I guess that is some kind of compliment.

But really, the wording looks far too different for it to be a copied document.

Don't stress about it :) I once had someone steal my whole instructions guide word for word and just remove the pictures- nothing I could do about it- she also stole wording I used for my falls and they style i used to be known for, in the days when wool was all the rage! But seeing as she barely seemed to sell anything and disappeared a few months later, I wasn't really bothered.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:38 pm

The similarities look coincidental to me. There are tons of sites that lay their pricing out like that.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:34 am

I've had two people plagiarise my exact wording. I wasn't happy about it so I told them off.

These don't look too similar.

EDIT: To mention, it was my entire terms & conditions, style info and dread install info that were ripped off and names/places were changed.
Last edited by rivetlicker_ on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elstaro

Post by Elstaro » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:38 pm

thats pretty much how I have my prices set up as well as alot of other dread makers.
theres only so many ways to lay it out thats just one of the most comen ones. I wouldnt stress it.
I poo rainbows ^_^

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:01 am

Like the others have said, there doesn't seem to be anything going on here. I've seen countless charts like yours in my years in the dread communities, so if you're claiming that this girl is ripping you off then I think it would be fair to say that you've ripped off plenty of ladies that have been around for quite some time. I'm not saying you are, just offering a comparison for you to consider. The only similarity I see in the entire thing is the mention of there always being a few candy canes/swirls thrown in to a set, which is (again) not the first time I've seen that mentioned. Also, I've never heard of you until this post so I think the likelihood of them using all of your information as their own would be unlikely when they could have much easier access to someone like Sarah (IKickShins) or someone similar.

Return to “Copyright?”