Facebook copyright advice needed!

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
MistressH

Facebook copyright advice needed!

Post by MistressH » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:21 am

Someone has set up a facebook account claiming to be a model and using my friends images. They have used a different name though. Lots of people have reported the profile but its still there

I have done an internet search on the users name and location but I cant find anything and ive messaged 'her'

this is the profile

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pro ... 1118162170

can anyone else see anything that would help us track her sown? or any other way she can be dealt with? the person who owns copyright on the image has been informed too! x

rivetlicker_

Re: Facebook copyright advice needed!

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:16 pm

I know if it's a like page, there is a report page button, and when clicked, there is a notice that says "is this your intellectual property". Not sure where that goes, but yeah, it could work on profiles too?

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:24 pm

ive reported it and i know others have too, ive just emailed the photographer to get him to repport it too.

I wonder what the purpose of it is? 'she' wont be able to book any shoots as obviously she wont look like the picture if she turned up :?: is it jsut for fun or do you think there is some kind of scamming in there?

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Not always a scam. Sometimes people are just too ashamed of themselves. It's all psychological.

But here you go. I clicked on "report/block this person". The screenshot is in the link below.
Just have the owner of the images send a DMCA notice and report it as a fake profile.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 5012_n.jpg

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Seems weird that she is pretending to be a model when thats actually what my friend is though, and she has taken all the photos from her modelling website :?

the photographer just replied to me, he reported it 2 weeks ago! facebook is baaaad!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:29 pm

MistressH wrote:Seems weird that she is pretending to be a model when thats actually what my friend is though, and she has taken all the photos from her modelling website :?

the photographer just replied to me, he reported it 2 weeks ago! facebook is baaaad!
Far out, I'll send one too =/

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:36 pm

thank you 8-)

Kaminoke

Post by Kaminoke » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Which of your friends is she pretending to be? There's an impersonation option I want to press :P

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:28 pm

similar thing happened to me a while back hun... a girl was using my pics and pretending to be me but under my friends sisters name??

had a load of people (like all my friends and family) report her but FB did nothing, i messeged her myself and the profile still existed for a while afterwards and eventually it stopped showing up on searches, so either the profile was removed or she blocked me...

from my experience, FB didnt seem to take it seriously at all :(

hellcity

Post by hellcity » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:57 am

II had a weirdo pretending to be me recently (like seriously WHY would you even bother?!). Myself and a bunch of friends reported it and it was gone pretty much right away thank god. Since they posted a nasty comment about my kids :(

People are creepers. :(
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in. - Homer Simpson

blog + violet.crime design facebook + personal facebook

Return to “Copyright?”