Zak Noir

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
Pallidity

Zak Noir

Post by Pallidity » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:40 pm

This was posted in A&P briefly but appears to have been deleted not long after it was posted.

http://www.myspace.com/zaknoirdreadfalls

I know it includes some artwork taken from Filthy Dread's DA (which I assume were not made for the user) and some of IKickShin's images under various links on the myspace. I'm not sure if anyone else's images are being used.

pixychick

Re: Zak Noir

Post by pixychick » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:50 pm

those dreadwigs look familiar as well are those LS-7?

You must admit though they spent ALOT if time and effort on their page. Dang if they're going to spend all that time making such a detailed page they should spend time taking their own pictures and not stealing others.

*edited*
Last edited by pixychick on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:20 pm

I'm sure the rainbow ones are by Plastic-Couture.

She can't of made them herself, as she describes rainbow transitionals as candycanes:
Rainbow blended dreads are like candy cane dreads because they consist of seven or more colors to create a rainbow, but they are blended together to create a candy striped or blended effect.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:44 pm

For anyone whose images were stolen, here's the link to Photobucket's copyright infringement info:
http://photobucket.com/copyright

You'll want to report it to them, not to Myspace, because that's where the images are actually hosted.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:17 am

Oh wow, so much theft >_<
Won't let me message her.
Pretty Dreadful also got her's taxed >_<

Couldn't message her so I wrote this on one of her blogs.
So wow. You put all that time and effort into creating a brilliant page, yet you're not using your own images. People are not happy.

Your reputation as a seller demands that any imagery you use it 100% OWNED by YOU, which clearly it is not. LS-Seven, I Kick Shins and Pretty Dreadful amongst OTHER sellers worked f*cking hard to get where they are, only to have people like you use their work and have you pass it off as your own. Shame shame shame. Your business is not worthy.

Cheers,
Rivet Licker (Sh*t kicker for DIY copyrights).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57z0Z88rj-M
I suggest you watch this video and watch your ways in the future if you ever want to sell dreads.
AND SHE COPIED *MY* TERMS & CONDITIONS. Changing the obvious.
Mine: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =451966317
Her's: http://www.myspace.com/zaknoirdreadfalls/blog

She also has her home address listed on her blog.
Shall I send her a postcard? :P

I'm a real bitch, aren't I?

Amb3r

Post by Amb3r » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:50 am

A lot of the descriptions are word for word from Triple Six's website.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:48 am

Send her a postacrd...I dare you :twisted:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:59 am

ScarletLady wrote:Send her a postacrd...I dare you :twisted:
Ok, I shall xD

I was thinking of writing.
"What you are doing compares to me saying I took the photo on this postcard, when everyone knows I didn't. <3 Rivet Licker"

cyberxelf

Post by cyberxelf » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:41 am

thats just not right make the s*** yourself instead of stealing pictures and it not even the pictures she's f***** making it seem like she can really make that stuff when she can't thats why she does have any pics in the first place. :twisted:
Last edited by MissAnthropik on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No swearing please!
"I will be your noise"

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:35 am

She had the odesity to write this message to me...
Rivet Licker, I apologize for what you have seen by my page. I am fully not done with it and I have written down in my file to credit everyone before even opening. I have vowed myself not to sell to anyone until I have made sure that all copyright is placed for all the dreadfall business companies. The pictures are there for temporary purposes until I can a better digital camera.

It is kind of amusing to read this comment, for I have made several thousands happy when I was just a teenager trying to make a profit during the summer. I made the site this year in order to make my business grow even more with all the current business I already have. It may not seem worthy to you, but it does to those who I have made happy when they needed a hairstyle for prom, a wedding or a quinceanera. I have worked really hard back when I was a teenager in order to have the same clientele and if not more in order to make this business at where it stands today.

The threats towards my company about the worthiness of it over something that could be fixed, has made me feel ill about little things such as “shit kicker” or the cursing with your own reputation that I know of. That is something I do not want to ruin because I do want to make good ties with other companies who make such items. I would never put my comments on your page for your clients and future clients to see. I feel it is much better to personally message someone about my problem with them or their work instead of displaying such problems so future clients or already valued clients can see. I would not want to ruin your reputation as I know you would not want to ruin the reputation as others.

I have deleted your comments on my myspace in order to have time to put the proper credit where it is deserved. I feel that you should have messaged me with such comments in order to show me that I am making a mistake in what I am doing instead of posting this all over the world and not fully giving me a chance as a dreadfall maker, one that has had more experience than you think.

Deepest Thanks - DJ Kittie
I'm having troubles with my browser, but I have a reply written up.

My shit kicking is to protect those who work hard. Shit kicking is a fancy french term for standing up for someone.

Frankly we're not giving her a chance? I honestly don't care. Her chance to be a good seller is proving it by doing everything from scratch, in your own words and with your own images.

This will be my reply.
Nobody else thought my wording was bad. Shit kicking is a fancy french term for standing up for someone's rights and in this instance, the rights of my fellow hair sellers. If people think MY worthiness is of being a hair seller wasn't up to scratch, I wouldn't have my portfolio. Why? I'm honest. I may be known to have a pissy bitch streak, only usually when it comes to protecting the businesses of my friends, but boy am I honest. No questions asked.
Here's the question that'll set you straight...
Did you ask anybody who's images or content you've used for permission? Y? N? My best guess is NO. Even if you did, you will probably have not been granted permission to use them. Using other peoples' images and stating that they are "examples" of "things you can do", is still against copyright law. It's not your work and you don't have permission to use them. Start putting your own images up. Ones of your own work.You're studying business admin and you don't even know what you're doing is considered fraud? You're false advertising and some poor sucker is going to fall in your trap and then complain that what they got wasn't what was in the picture? No one can replicate an LS Seven wig, so don't use her pictures as your "example". I'm not judging your ability to make hair falls, it's got nothing to do with that, but even with a mobile phone camera, you can take pictures. Don't have to be perfect, but they just have to be YOURS. If you were doing this to a larger end company, I'm pretty sure you'd get sued.
Please remove any information in your blogs that you PLAGIARISED from my blog and rewrite it in your own words. That applies to other stuff you used as a "template". Remove every last image that is not of your work, then we can talk business.
Unfortunately it's your problem now. You only really have one chance to prove yourself in online business, and that is making sure that what you are offering is your own work. Unfortunately you're not a teenager anymore, so learn the ropes and be original.
Lara.

pixychick

Post by pixychick » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:51 am

Lol. I think she might have just gotten confused with the whole "shit kicker(ing)" thing because in America a "shit kicker" is a term used to described a cowboy, because they get cow and other dung on their boots and "kick" it around out on the pastures or whatever. I thought the term was mostly a Texan thing.

Anyway, I need to finish reading what you wrote back to her. lol

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:04 pm

yeah, I think here "shit kicking" is associated with brawling, unruly folks looking for fights, usually in cowboy boots. ha

But all that aside, she KNOWS what she is doing is screwed up, and does not have a good excuse for it. She didn't expect to be called out on it in the public arena, so she is nit picking your wording, which is otherwise written very well and spells things out most clearly.

The fact that she is upset you posted it publicly and not privately has to make me laugh, since she posted everyone ELSE'S content publicly without messaging them first. Is she freaking serious? I still astounds me that people do this kind of thing.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:38 pm

Again.

Her:
Why don't you leave my site alone, for real until it is actually up. Then you can rant and rave about it if you see the "same thing" on there or not. It's not even up yet for selling purposes. The pictures are up there temporarily, which means UNTIL I get a digital camera, it will be under maintenance. I do not have a picture phone or a digital camera because I have to spend my money on more important things like CNA classes, school, bills and my son. Besides, even if I do use one or two pictures before such items are purchased and sold to clients, they will be cited until original pictures come along.
Me:
ll, as I said. Your problem, not mine. I'm just trying to protect the hair buyers community and the rights of the original creators. I must say, I wasn't the one who found you. A bunch of girls whom are HIGHLY RESPECTED in the field had brought it up and I just do what I have to do, warn the community.
I definitely wouldn't trust to buy off you by the look of your site (whether it's "ready" or not), so why should anybody else?
You're very, very naive. You shouldn't even have a business if you're not prepared to pay for it. I had invested a few thousand dollars in this, money that I could have spent on other stuff and this was before I even had customers, but I chose to invest in this. You shouldn't even have a site if you're not prepared either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright
"Copyright is the set of exclusive rights granted to the author or creator of an original work, including the right to copy, distribute and adapt the work. These rights can be licensed, transferred and/or assigned. Copyright lasts for a certain time period after which the work is said to enter the public domain."

You definitely have not been given any form of license for those images. Licenses are permission, usually by payment. Crediting is not permission.
Prepare to see your site slowly have stuff removed. DMCA notices are being issued.
Lara.

Haha, shit kicking always has been to me, standing up for somebody.
Then again, I'm Australian.

No idea why I'm bothering with this now. Just trying to be a good samaritan, by being a jerk.
I'm of course the bad guy.

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:47 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:Again.

Her:
Why don't you leave my site alone, for real until it is actually up. Then you can rant and rave about it if you see the "same thing" on there or not. It's not even up yet for selling purposes. The pictures are up there temporarily, which means UNTIL I get a digital camera, it will be under maintenance. I do not have a picture phone or a digital camera because I have to spend my money on more important things like CNA classes, school, bills and my son. Besides, even if I do use one or two pictures before such items are purchased and sold to clients, they will be cited until original pictures come along.
Me:
ll, as I said. Your problem, not mine. I'm just trying to protect the hair buyers community and the rights of the original creators. I must say, I wasn't the one who found you. A bunch of girls whom are HIGHLY RESPECTED in the field had brought it up and I just do what I have to do, warn the community.
I definitely wouldn't trust to buy off you by the look of your site (whether it's "ready" or not), so why should anybody else?
You're very, very naive. You shouldn't even have a business if you're not prepared to pay for it. I had invested a few thousand dollars in this, money that I could have spent on other stuff and this was before I even had customers, but I chose to invest in this. You shouldn't even have a site if you're not prepared either.

"Copyright is the set of exclusive rights granted to the author or creator of an original work, including the right to copy, distribute and adapt the work. These rights can be licensed, transferred and/or assigned. Copyright lasts for a certain time period after which the work is said to enter the public domain."

You definitely have not been given any form of license for those images. Licenses are permission, usually by payment. Crediting is not permission.
Prepare to see your site slowly have stuff removed. DMCA notices are being issued.
Lara.

Haha, shit kicking always has been to me, standing up for somebody.
Then again, I'm Australian.

No idea why I'm bothering with this now. Just trying to be a good samaritan, by being a jerk.
I'm of course the bad guy.
I don't blame you.

Between this one and the Candy.Acid scammer I have had my own fill. I have posted blogs about them both on Myspace and FB. I usually don't get involved since I am rarely directly affected. However, online scammers hurt ALL online business, so I think it's time I did my part to stand up too. Scammers come and go, but this time around these two have really ticked me off.

I just cannot fathom that someone can use as an excuse "my site isn't ready so I stole images." If your site is not ready, then don't go live. there is no "deadline" for creating a myspace page. The only possible intention here is passing off other work as your own. end of.

The comments she wrote about "investing in more important things" boils my blood too. There are two ways to seriously undertake an endeavor like starting a fake hair business. You either sink in a bunch of money upfront and work your butt off like Rivet Licker, or take your lumps making endless sets for yourself, friends, family, and discounted "cost of materials" sets for your first customers until you build an organic gallery like I did. It took me well over a year to get fully set up and some of it wasn't all that fun. So it really grinds my gears that someone wants to slip on in without putting any effort into it and use that as an excuse to everyone why the products aren't their own.

The impersonation going on the "Kandi Acid" is a bit different and is the worst kind of scammer in my book. It seems she is blatantly trying to cause confusion between herself and the real seller. It is disgusting really.

Whew. sorry for the scathing rant. Like I said, I don't typically get so riled up and negative online. This just really got to me today.

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Maybe you should include a link to this thread in your next reply so she can see you're not the only one disgruntled but, as in most cases though, I doubt she's going to see the light. People who scam in this way always explain it away to themselves and make it ok in their heads :roll: It's almost funny how all the responses from these people end up sounding the same, it's always the same excuses!
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

Amb3r

Post by Amb3r » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:02 pm

It seems as though she's deleted her page or has gone under a new name so we won't know about it.

All of this just really, really pisses me off.

It wouldn't surprise me if she's lurking on here or on vampirefreaks.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Amb3r wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if she's lurking on here or on vampirefreaks.
I'm pretty sure she's on VampireFreaks, because one of the pictures she stole from me came from the Dread to be Different sellers list. I've never posted it anywhere else.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:01 am

This is what happened... Guess I was too harsh.

Well I'm already in the process of deleting it because I know it would make you and the rest very happy. You modified your tone with me after I said it, so it does mean that you are jumping for joy inside that it's going to be gone and you don't have to sit here trying to "blame and shame" someone. Admit it.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Rivet Licker Cyber Hair wrote:

It's not going to make me feel any better if you delete it.
What I want to see is for you to keep content original. Write everything yourself and use your own images (you can buy a digital camera for less than $100. No need for a fancy SLR).

----------------- Original Message -----------------

To: Rivet Licker Cyber Hair
Date: 07 Aug 2010, 12:51 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Post to Zak Noir Dreadfall blog

If you would feel any better, I will delete the entire account myself right now and have one later when I am "better" prepared.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Rivet Licker Cyber Hair wrote:

Well, as I said. Your problem, not mine. I'm just trying to protect the hair buyers community and the rights of the original creators. I must say, I wasn't the one who found you. A bunch of girls whom are HIGHLY RESPECTED in the field had brought it up and I just do what I have to do, warn the community.

"Copyright is the set of exclusive rights

granted to the author or creator of an original work, including the
right to copy, distribute and adapt the work. These rights can be
licensed, transferred and/or assigned. Copyright lasts for a certain

time period after which the work is said to enter the public domain."

Lara.

Date: 07 Aug 2010, 12:17 AM
Subject: Re: Post to Zak Noir Dreadfall blog

Amb3r

Post by Amb3r » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:15 am

My god...she's a raging douchebag.

There really is no other way to put it.

I don't buy it that she's completely off myspace. She'll just create another name and do the same thing.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:52 am

Well I have never been in such trouble on the Internet before. She has threatened me with the authorities if I dare send her a postcard. She has seen this thread. I will be posting publically the rest of her ramblings as she is now blacklisted and defamated MY business practises (my attitude). I KNOW how to run my business. I KNOW how to do it honestly. Not enough?
Hell, she should join here and see what the mods have to say about what she did. I think she's a big blatant liar just in general.
Anywho, I'm blocking her, so anyone who wants to deal with her off the board can do so without me.

Sounds like Jessi Slaughter in my opinion, just needs her dad to yell at us "trolls".
You're talking about the largest hair extensions community in the world. It's your own fault you have a thread there and your defense is voided because of your actions. Nobody has respect for you because of what you have done. We have enough respect for each other to get rid of nuisances to our business and others' like you. As it was said in the thread, you are the bad guy, not me, not them, so leave your empty threats to be. And it's all your fault for posting your address publically on the Internet for the world to see. I'm not the only one who has it. The authorities will laugh at you, just like they would if someone actually sued you for what you did and you pleaded innocent, so don't bother anymore. *blocked*

--------------------------------------------------------
Also, if you send me a postcard, I will report you to the proper authorities. And I do mean that because I have been into this type of shit and have won several cases both in the US and overseas. Try it.

Date: 07 Aug 2010, 03:35 PM
Subject:
Look, I would appreciate it if you would delete all the posts off of Hair Extension Forum and stop spreading the word around about me doing the wrong thing as if it is some sort of disease. It makes you even worse as a seller for posting what you did and not keeping it private. Just because you tried to shame a business that copyrighted, it is not mature to post that on the internet. If you really want to look mature and act though as an actual dreadfall seller, then why don't you keep everything personal from the messages as personal. Think about that if you really want to keep a successful business

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:41 am

She did join here...her first post was an advert and link to her MySpace (why would she do that if the site wasn't ready I ask??) in A&P which I reported, I didn't realise at the time she had stolen photos, I just reported her for rule breaking :roll:

Sorry you've had to put up with all that Lara, I guess you live and learn :roll:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:43 am

Can't follow rules and has no morality.

I'm sorry I had to deal with it too. That and sounding like the douche bag.

Shay Wynter

Post by Shay Wynter » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:50 am

Has she been removed from the fourm? I hope so. she gos on and on about you being inmature blah blah blah. seems as if shes still in denial that what she did was even serious enough....NEWS FLASH, COPYRIGHT IS A SERIOUS OFFENCE, sending a post card is definitly not..LOL!!! I think you should still send a post card, unless your threaten her psyiclly, im pretty sure theres NOTHING she can do regarding the "athorities* LOL i love it when people threaten to get the *athorities* involved ("OH NOS, watch out for those internet police!!! HA!) and it seems she openly admitted to dealing with something similar before:

And I do mean that because I have been into this type of shit and have won several cases both in the US and overseas.

silly bitch, way to make it seem like shes had problems with other for the same reason before.

I think it should be made that she never sells again personally, but thats just me. Im not pleased she screwed with Natalie (pretty dreadful )and her work let along anyone elses...grrr that ticks me off!
xShayxWynterx
Have Facebook? Add my little buisness as a friend.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/D.Obsession?ref=ts

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:52 am

Her "I have serveral thousand happy customers" is what made me chuckle.

Anyone on here AS GOOD as she is?? :lol:

/Bitchy
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:57 am

I looked in her Facebook Group. I found Jessica Loretta to be a member of it. Remember her? Rouge Dreads? Photo theft? Coincidence?

Return to “Copyright?”