Candy Acid Hair Extensions - Beware of Fakes/Scammer

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
pixychick

Re: Candy Acid Hair Extensions - Beware of Fakes/Scammer

Post by pixychick » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:28 pm

according to my husband who is an attorney the best thing for you to do is to contact an attorney yourself and have him/her contact the local authorities in her area to get her to take her content down or something like that.

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:24 pm

pixychick wrote:according to my husband who is an attorney the best thing for you to do is to contact an attorney yourself and have him/her contact the local authorities in her area to get her to take her content down or something like that.

was just talking to a friend and co-worker this morning about this type of thing. it was regarding something else, but we got onto the subject of what happens when you have a set up, on the level business and someone tries to infringe on your brand. Turns out it is total grounds for a lawsuit. It would be a headache, and expensive no doubt, but the option is there should this continue and further affect your sales.

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Candy.Acid wrote:what shall i actually do?!!!!!!!
I'm sure you could contact your local authorities and at least talk to them about your options. Take down the information that PrettyDreadful so kindly collected for you, and pass it along. They make have you call the PD in her town as well to file a report.

I seriously think this is the perfect type of situation for a tv court show. You'd almost certainly win your case, they would love to see characters such as yourselves, and I'm pretty sure you get paid to appear in court. Serve the bitch! She deserves to be publicly humiliated, and she sounds like the kind of *cough*attentionwhore*cough* that would totally do it.
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Candy.Acid wrote:hey everyone, thank you for all the responses, i just read them all, what do you all mean by a 'salute'??? i've not been on here for a while because it's all p*ssing me off!!! :(

what shall i actually do?!!!!!!!! xxx
A salute is a picture of yourself holding up some kind of proof that you're the real you -- like for Myspace, you could write the URL for your profile and your user ID number on your hand, hold it up, and snap a picture. Something like that. That will only get the profile deleted if she's still using your images, though -- if she's since taken them down, nothing will happen.

You can also file a DMCA notice if you've got links to the stolen images. Myspace usually responds to them within 24 hours at most. They'll delete all of the stolen images and they'll e-mail you once it's done.
..::AtomicLox::.. wrote:I'm sure you could contact your local authorities and at least talk to them about your options. Take down the information that PrettyDreadful so kindly collected for you, and pass it along. They make have you call the PD in her town as well to file a report.

I seriously think this is the perfect type of situation for a tv court show. You'd almost certainly win your case, they would love to see characters such as yourselves, and I'm pretty sure you get paid to appear in court. Serve the bitch! She deserves to be publicly humiliated, and she sounds like the kind of *cough*attentionwhore*cough* that would totally do it.
Local police would not be able to do anything about international copyright issues -- which this is, since the copyright holder is in the UK and the person using them is in the US. Even if it were domestic, it would still be a civil matter.

As far as TV court shows go, you have to be able to get yourself to their studios. Although parties do get compensated just for showing up, it's doubtful that the compensation and winnings from the suit (if any) would be enough to cover travel, hotel, etc.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:57 am

ikickshins wrote:
Local police would not be able to do anything about international copyright issues -- which this is, since the copyright holder is in the UK and the person using them is in the US. Even if it were domestic, it would still be a civil matter.
I haven't got ANY idea why I was thinking Ruth was in the US, but i was! My bad, thanks for the correction!
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

Flower In Furs

Post by Flower In Furs » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:46 am

rivetlicker_ wrote:
SyntheticSin wrote:I confronted her and asked why she stole all of the images and is taking credit for someone else's work and I got this comment back right before she blocked me.
Sickeningly PATHETIC.
She may have taken pics of her own stuff, but whether that's even the case, god knows. This girl needs a good stern talking to.

I actually order some fringe from her!
Because I am not that bright (time makes you wiser i hope)
AND THEY WERE TERRIBLE!
and I don't think she made them, because she wouldn't make me V cut ones, so IDK
maybe a fakie
unicorn unity

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Flower In Furs wrote:
rivetlicker_ wrote:
SyntheticSin wrote:I confronted her and asked why she stole all of the images and is taking credit for someone else's work and I got this comment back right before she blocked me.
Sickeningly PATHETIC.
She may have taken pics of her own stuff, but whether that's even the case, god knows. This girl needs a good stern talking to.

I actually order some fringe from her!
Because I am not that bright (time makes you wiser i hope)
AND THEY WERE TERRIBLE!
and I don't think she made them, because she wouldn't make me V cut ones, so IDK
maybe a fakie
Well you know if it's fake cuz Ruth goes by Candy.Acid, not Kandi Acid. Also, she doesn't make 'terrible' extensions! Above all, she resides in the UK, so that would also be a tell tale sign. ;)

Flower In Furs

Post by Flower In Furs » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:46 pm

yeah i ordered them from Kandi Acid, not candy acid :(
unicorn unity

paran0ir

Post by paran0ir » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:48 pm

I requested a friend add for this person, because it seems that so many people here have been "blocked" as it were. She accepted, and lo and behold, her first "customer image" in the album is of me, wearing the extensions that Ruth made! Audicity is certainly not even touching on the attitude of this girl. Can only comment, and report. It seems MySpace really have no intention of helping control this type of problem :-/

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:21 pm

ive been following this and just wanted to let everyone know she has changed her name to 'Kandi Electric'

trying to throw off the scent, perhaps?

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Does she still have all our pictures up?? I can't see anymore :evil:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:02 pm

i dont know, ill add her and find out :)

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:34 pm

ok, i dont see any pictures in the customer gallery that i recognise, but she now has cyberlox pictures too
im not sure if any of those are stolen (although the first pic is described as an 'example' so it must be) but im willing to believe they are

the main profile itself still has one of Ruths pictures from a photoshoot, the Rainbow Bright one

IKS colour charts are still up but it now looks like she is also using another one based around Manic Panic and SFX dye charts

oh, and she has pictures of her work, some of which look like normal full clip in sets that you can buy anywhere and the others are badly cut, thin and generally crappy looking fringes

if anyone wants screen shots let me know and i will be happy to oblige, im not approaching her about being a scammer/picture theft just yet as i can use my myspace to gather information if anyone needs/wants to know anything :)

SyntheticSin

Post by SyntheticSin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:39 am

I'm going to screen shot and post up what you said about ordering fringes from her and them being terrible. At least now we have proof that she is just a scam artist selling terrible products for outrageous prices. I tried adding her on one of my accounts I made with REAL old pictures of me but she seems to have figured it out. I'm thinking of making a fake account just so that I can keep an eye on stuff and what not. I will also send that screen shot to my little spy :i2:

convenientlust

Post by convenientlust » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:30 pm

I still warn mutual friends that have been in contact with her and give them the real Candy Acid link. I've been blocked along with a majority of those below me. She also changed her name, so I'm maybe she got the hint that she was doing something very wrong and angering a heap of people. I believe she's Kandi Electrik now...

equusargentum

Post by equusargentum » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:50 pm

I've been following this too because I came across her page when I was thinking of buying from Candy Acid. She's just accepted my friend request and is called "kandi electrik hair". Looks like none of her photos are of Candy Acid's work now.

SyntheticSin

Post by SyntheticSin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 am

Not going to say this is surprising, but her cyberlox pictures are all stolen as well. I will screenshot in a few minutes so if she is using anyones from in here or anyone anyone in here knows they can handle it and get them deleted.

SyntheticSin

Post by SyntheticSin » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:44 am

She posted this bulletin on myspace today.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:49 am

:lol:

OK, so it's a totally legitimate thing to do to use other people's pictures and say the're your customers, hence using THEIR image to get yourself custom - if her work is that good then why use other people's pictures???

Whatever, seriously, at least she's taken the pictures down - has she taken them all down?
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

paran0ir

Post by paran0ir » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:23 pm

I contacted her multiple times about her using a pic of me and the extensions I bought from Ruth but she kept deleting my messages and comments. Eventually I lodged about 5 or 6 copyright complaints with MySpace, and eventually they removed it.

SyntheticSin

Post by SyntheticSin » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Eh not really, She is still using stolen pictures for her supposed customers. 1 of which I'm friends with and she filed a copyright thing with myspace but myspace didn't take her picture down. Other than those "customer" pictures there are no stolen pictures.

convenientlust

Post by convenientlust » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:06 pm

It's ridiculous how she can be so offended... would it be better is we just called her thief? Sorry if 'scammer' hurts so much XD ..... You are scamming if you put up work that is not yours because people are SCAMMED into thinking it is. You can't advertise garbage as gold and get away with it.

Return to “Copyright?”