Candy Acid Hair Extensions - Beware of Fakes/Scammer

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
abby_carnage

Re: Candy Acid Hair Extensions - Beware of Fakes/Scammer

Post by abby_carnage » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:30 am

All i can recommend is that anyone whose pictures have been taken, take a photo of themselves with their myspace code on or " i don't use myspace" on a placard, and send it to myspace. If you have reported the picture/s myspace should email you and give you proper instructions. I need to do this as she's taken a hell of a lot of photos of me. :| grrrr

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:40 am

I've reported the pictures of me and I've contacted MySpace directly and they've done nothing at all - I've had no response from them.

I've messaged everyone who has contacted her that I can see to tell them that's she's fake - it's just annoying now she's put all this "I'm legit - LOOK!" stuff on there.

It must be so horrible for you and Ruth especially - she's only taken two pictures of me
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

madebs666

Post by madebs666 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:26 am

I reported the photo of my face, but I got this response from Myspace -
Thanks for contacting MySpace.

We're sorry, but MySpace cannot mediate personal disputes of fact or opinion. We ask that you try to resolve this issue privately. We will only get involved if the conduct violates our Terms of Use (http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=misc.terms).

If you believe your copyrighted work has been infringed on MySpace, please respond to this email, leaving the subject line intact, and send a notice in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. For additional details on what you will need to provide, please visit http://faq.myspace.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/748. For additional info on guidelines for copyright issues on MySpace, please visit http://faq.myspace.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/744/.
... rubbish.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:11 am

HA! Do you know what, I checked my spam box and I had one of those as well

I spent a little while last night messaging a load of girls who were showing on the scammers activity stream as enquiring about extensions, just telling them about the situation

* Queen of Tangents*

Candy.Acid

Post by Candy.Acid » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:14 am

she's still not been removed :( and i've not had a chance to take a photo of myself with the myspace ID etc yet, not she is selling 'cyberlox' god knows whos photos shes using. GRRRRRR!

pixychick

Post by pixychick » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:04 am

okay with all this picture stealing other stuff going on, one of us should know someone able to hack into her Myspace account right? lol...j/k (kinda)
hrmm is this girl in the states?

SyntheticSin

Post by SyntheticSin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:31 am

I confronted her and asked why she stole all of the images and is taking credit for someone else's work and I got this comment back right before she blocked me.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:36 am

This morning, I had to have Myspace remove over 40 images that she stole from me. She basically went through my entire Etsy shop and a good chunk of my customer gallery and took everything. And I've still got to take care of the stolen stuff she's got hosted on Tinypic.com :(
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:37 am

abby_carnage wrote:All i can recommend is that anyone whose pictures have been taken, take a photo of themselves with their myspace code on or " i don't use myspace" on a placard, and send it to myspace. If you have reported the picture/s myspace should email you and give you proper instructions. I need to do this as she's taken a hell of a lot of photos of me. :| grrrr
ScarletLady wrote:I've reported the pictures of me and I've contacted MySpace directly and they've done nothing at all - I've had no response from them.
You have to fill out a DMCA notice to get them taken down; just notifying them isn't enough, and a salute won't help either unless they've got your digital signature and a statement that you're the copyright holder. If you send in the DMCA notice, they usually take care of it within 24 hours.
http://faq.myspace.com/app/answers/deta ... fringement
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:16 am

SyntheticSin wrote:I confronted her and asked why she stole all of the images and is taking credit for someone else's work and I got this comment back right before she blocked me.
Sickeningly PATHETIC.
She may have taken pics of her own stuff, but whether that's even the case, god knows. This girl needs a good stern talking to.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:39 am

She has yet to respond to me...maybe because she will have a hard time proving that pictures of ME are one's she's apparently taken :lol:

Thanks for the advice Ikickshins - I'll do that :) It's never happened to me before so I don't really know what to do. Can't believe she's taken loads of yours as well. Surely if enough people get pictures taken down then she'll have her profile deleted...MySpace say that breaching their rules is enough to get you banned

EDIT - I've just gone on her profile and it's now set to private, and she's stopped using Ruth's picture as her profile pic. Is there now anything I can do as I have no idea if she's still using my pictures :?
I suppose I could try and add her from my other profile, I've sent her no messages from that one

* Queen of Tangents*

SyntheticSin

Post by SyntheticSin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:20 am

Yeah I was going to ask her where this proof is but the little weasel blocked me before I could respond.

abby_carnage

Post by abby_carnage » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:57 am

There's tonnes of pictures of me taken which i'm finding it impossible to get deleted, however, i have emailed a ton of her 'friends' and warned them and had a few replies. xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:01 pm

abby_carnage wrote:There's tonnes of pictures of me taken which i'm finding it impossible to get deleted, however, i have emailed a ton of her 'friends' and warned them and had a few replies. xx
I've done that too and had a lot of "Oh wow thanks for telling me" type responses

* Queen of Tangents*

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:20 am

You know what, I was gonna try and scam her myself by offering a trade (but since she isn't doing trades...) and sending her a box of bricks xD

You did well, I hope you get this one with this info!

abby_carnage

Post by abby_carnage » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:11 am

wow pretty dreadful! you are a clever bunny! xx

abby_carnage

Post by abby_carnage » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:23 am

can anyone get her date of birth from myspace? x

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Hasn't stolen anyone's money? How about is ruining the business of hair. That's theft of money, from us people who work hard, especially Ruth.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:38 pm

She doesn't understand what you're asking for, from her reply her version of "proof" is the postage of her items. Clearly stealing ruth's images in her eyes is fine & dandy.

Would be nice to see her REAL work.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:12 pm

I don't normally post in here - so I hope I'm not peanut chucking (or whatever the term is!!). But at what point does this become identity theft? Surely by posting the picture of "herself" when that's not really her at all, it's identity theft? Or at least it's false advertising surely?

Can our CandyAcid not threaten the fake KandiAcid with legal action for Identity Theft or Fraud? Surely she's (Kandi) gaining funds/items through fraudulent advertising?

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:13 am

KelsieStars wrote:I don't normally post in here - so I hope I'm not peanut chucking (or whatever the term is!!). But at what point does this become identity theft? Surely by posting the picture of "herself" when that's not really her at all, it's identity theft? Or at least it's false advertising surely?

Can our CandyAcid not threaten the fake KandiAcid with legal action for Identity Theft or Fraud? Surely she's (Kandi) gaining funds/items through fraudulent advertising?

It's totally legit for [at LEAST] small claims court here in the states if I'm not mistaken.
Ruth... you should take this chick on Judge Judy! :i9:
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

SyntheticSin

Post by SyntheticSin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:38 am

Yeah it's totally a case of identity theft, No doubt. She has proof of the ones she made but what about the like 200 pictures she stole of other peoples work? It's bullshit that she isn't doing anything wrong, She's doing everything wrong. Not to mention is over charging people. I know for a fact she DOESN'T have permission to use any of those pictures of work or people of which she stole. Not to mention that she's thinking of "starting" up dread falls, which obviously means more picture theft. She needs to be stopped, like now. Ruth you really need to make a salute and get her deleted.

starlight

Post by starlight » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:48 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:You know what, I was gonna try and scam her myself by offering a trade (but since she isn't doing trades...) and sending her a box of bricks xD

You did well, I hope you get this one with this info!
You could do one better than a box of bricks..

Candy.Acid

Post by Candy.Acid » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:57 pm

hey everyone, thank you for all the responses, i just read them all, what do you all mean by a 'salute'??? i've not been on here for a while because it's all p*ssing me off!!! :(

what shall i actually do?!!!!!!!! xxx

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:59 pm

A salute is a picture of you, with your name and any other applicable information(For example your MySpace ID no) on a piece of paper which can show your true identity.

So basically write the info you need on a piece of paper and take a picture of yourself with it in the shot, then send it to MySpace. Voila.
*Rule Obsessor*

Return to “Copyright?”