facebook problem

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
xxkinzixx

facebook problem

Post by xxkinzixx » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Hi ladies
So I noticed this girl's page on Facebook offering dreads and cyberlox. Unfortunately when I clicked on her photo albums I saw several pictures that I recognized as work belonging to many girls on this board.
Rivet Licker, Dollylox, Hibiscus, Dare2Wear, several sets of Ls-seven's... and others, as well as color charts.
She doesn't necessarily claim them as her own work, they have the caption "Example of (whatever) style dreads/cyberlox" I still think it's a little too misleading though since she doesn't include any info crediting the creator.
Just thought you ladies might want to know.

Here is her page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001162424965

Sorry to cause drama, just want you ladies to get the credit you deserve for all your awesome work! :D
SYNTHETIKZERO - Custom Jewelry, Synth & Wool Dreads, Hair Accessories
Etsy
Facebook

rivetlicker_

Re: facebook problem

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:02 am

I'll send her a message :)
Can't see her gallery as she's not my friend, but I'll see what happens.

EDIT: she has informed me that she has taken them down :)

Reason why she had them was they were good pieces of work.

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:53 pm

She hasn't taken them down at least yet (links from the page still work).
Fake your hair - http://dreadviolet.com/
Dreadviolet Hair Creations & material supplies -
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:31 am

She's from just an hour north of where I live. I'll see if I can talk her down.

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Yea these are still all up, although it doesn't look like she's tried to remove any watermarks etc. She's added a message to say that they're not her work but she still hasn't asked for permission
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:02 am

I sent a DMCA notice.

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:11 am

^ I did so as well.
Facebook team has already responded and removed our color chart. However, they did not remove any of the other stolen pictures I pointed out. So I guess the ones who own rights to these pictures, should file a DMCA:

DMCA (copyright): http://www.facebook.com/legal/copyright ... t_notice=1

Even if the gallery is not visible, you can review it from the links on the front page of this girl (yep yep facebook and their privacy settings...):

Subli's Love Locks
Dreads: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 965&ref=mf
Cyberlox: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 965&ref=mf
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:21 am

I got an email back about my DMCA notice. They want the photo album and offending link + any other info.
Hopefully we will get this resolved soon :)

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:11 pm

This is getting very silly. I sent her a message in facebook first on tuesday 8th June, 20:51, and then again thursday 10th June 18:05, because I saw she had updated her facebook status ("go ahead and keep placeing your orders") on wednesday and done nothing to the photos.

She replied to me today, claiming she just now saw both of my messages. Oh whatever.
This is her message: (I think in this situation it is okay to to post it here, I guess I'm not the only one whose blood pressure might raise a bit after reading this).

I'm too tired to write a summary, but I'll bold some of her main points.

June 11, 2010 at 11:27am
Subli's Love Locks wrote:
Vs: Stolen photos
ok i just got both of your messages, i have been out of town and aaway from my computer
sorry i will take them down asap
i was just using them as examples so the clients had ideas of what could be done and i used yours because it was good work
and in each photo i put they were examples and i didnt remove and watermarks so that yall were still credited for any and all work
i also had put on the photo albums themselves that these we not my pic but were to be used as examples
sorry for the inconvince

and in wasnt trying to swindle anyone they are all people in my rave scene who know i do hair for a living and know i have been making my own dreads and cyberloxs now for a while so i just decided to market it to them
sorry for any missconceptions you may have precieved but im just here to give my fellow ravers and cybbergoths a good deal on dreads not hoodwink anyones buissness

also there was no need to make a thread on some forum about me, i wasnt claiming any pictures or that the products were mine when i even have it clearly stated on my albums they are not mine but examples for those who do not know what can all be done reguarding dreads and cyberlox

so again im sorry but i was away from computer so if i would of seen this i would of taken the pictures down
but again i reitterate the fact that nothing has been stolen or miscredited and there was no need for the making of the thread and i will also lose no buissness bc again i state i have a LARGE community of ravers that know me personally and am already sponsoring 3 go go groups. so i do believe i am and will do fine :)

Aaaaaaarrrrrrgghhhh! :i15:
Leaves me pretty much speechless.

...and however, she still hasn't removed any of the other stolen pictures.
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:11 pm

Man, this is why I really need to start watermarking my photos :(

luvplacebo

Post by luvplacebo » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:24 pm

June 11, 2010 at 11:27am
Subli's Love Locks wrote:
Vs: Stolen photos
i was just using them as examples so the clients had ideas of what could be done and i used yours because it was good work...and in wasnt trying to swindle anyone they are all people in my rave scene who know i do hair for a living and know i have been making my own dreads and cyberloxs now for a while so i just decided to market it to them
Erm surely if she's been making dreads for a while she could make examples of 'what could be done' rather than stealing the pictures from other sellers. In a way its a shame they weren't hot-linked because people could change the picture. Definitely watermarking everything from now on.
http://www.lighthousedreads.webs.com: offering 10% discounts for board users in exchange for photos

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:09 am

Wow, leaves me speechless too. Her response has got me face palming myself. She thinks she has done nothing wrong by us? Didn't steal anything?
The fact she had the odesity to use our images WITHOUT our permission is just enough to get everyone here aware of her behaviour and not buy from her. She can think she has the ravers on het side, but the Internet is just as powerful.
She can even spell what she's "marketing" either :roll:
The good news, my DMCA notice went through and the image was removed :)

Amb3r

Post by Amb3r » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:30 am

.....I'm really annoyed. lol
I don't get people and I don't understand why they think jocking someone else's photos is not a big deal and THEN have the nerve to catch an attitude when confronted.

I just made a thread in Dread to be Different about this user in case some of the dread makers do not see this one first.

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:13 am

Speaking of this, this is probably a dumb question, but how does one go about creating photo watermarks? I'm sure it's a photoshop thing, but I have the unfortunate happenstance of being photoshop challenged in a major way...

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:30 am

starlotus wrote:Speaking of this, this is probably a dumb question, but how does one go about creating photo watermarks? I'm sure it's a photoshop thing, but I have the unfortunate happenstance of being photoshop challenged in a major way...
I do it whilst editing in, you guessed it, photoshop.
Not really sure how to do it otherwise.

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:08 am

starlotus wrote:Speaking of this, this is probably a dumb question, but how does one go about creating photo watermarks? I'm sure it's a photoshop thing, but I have the unfortunate happenstance of being photoshop challenged in a major way...
Here's one tutorial about creating a watermark: http://www.techtut.com/Tutorial/Photosh ... oshop.html
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

dare2wear

Post by dare2wear » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:30 am

im not too sure what to write in that DMCA notice. i dont want to share my postal address etc. especially not with her. or did i misunderstad something?

xxkinzixx

Post by xxkinzixx » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:37 am

ugh... so now I'm the bad guy for mentioning that she was using other's photos without permission? hmm...
if she really did this unintentionally then she would have just apologized and taken them down. why would you put up a fight over it?
anyone who "does hair for a living" should know about running a hair business... and last time I checked most people don't use other company's products to sell their own. unless of course they are a scam artist :x
she has so many "examples" of work she can do, but why not some more "examples" of her own work?
arg... I really didn't want this to get all blown out of proportion. I really had no intention of pissing her off or attacking her, I just thought you ladies might want her to know that what she was doing could potentially cause problems. it's too bad it had to actually become a problem.
her arrogance annoys the crap out of me. I don't understand what is so hard about having respect for others' work, c'mon people! :(

this girl is nothing but trouble. and now she's p*ssed me off too. lame. :(
Etsy
Facebook

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:44 am

If she does hair for a living (whatever that means) surely she she should have enough pictures of her own work, seeing as that's what she's selling - that baffles me completely! :?

Those pictures are all SO recognisable as well - especially LS-7s :roll:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

dare2wear

Post by dare2wear » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:50 am

i sent her a message for now, asking to take it down...

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:17 pm

dare2wear wrote:im not too sure what to write in that DMCA notice. i dont want to share my postal address etc. especially not with her. or did i misunderstad something?
DMCA notice goes for facebook team only, not for this girl. So she will not know your address or any of what you write there. Facebook will then remove your photo from her profile. :) I guess she won't.
xxkinzixx wrote:ugh... so now I'm the bad guy for mentioning that she was using other's photos without permission? hmm...
Don't worry about it. At least I want to thank you for bringing this up.
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

elliss_seven

Post by elliss_seven » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:07 pm

Woow, most of the photos are watermarked. That's kind of funny. Hah.
I have sent her a message on Facebook asking her to take mine down.
dare2wear wrote:im not too sure what to write in that DMCA notice. i dont want to share my postal address etc. especially not with her. or did i misunderstad something?
I'm in the process of filling out a DMCA notice but I was wondering the same thing?
The one and only .. Facebook.com/ls.seven

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:33 pm

xxkinzixx wrote:ugh... so now I'm the bad guy for mentioning that she was using other's photos without permission? hmm...
Nope, I really appreciate the fact you did post it up and make everyone aware so we can take the appropriate action.

elliss_seven

Post by elliss_seven » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:58 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:
Nope, I really appreciate the fact you did post it up and make everyone aware so we can take the appropriate action.
Agreed!
The one and only .. Facebook.com/ls.seven

xxkinzixx

Post by xxkinzixx » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:10 am

Well I'm glad I brought it up.
I thought I was being silly, making something out of nothing... guess I was wrong!
No one wants to see the work of their favorite artist or musician being ripped off, and for me hair is no exception!
Sorry about all this, ladies! Best of luck getting everything resolved soon :)
Etsy
Facebook

Return to “Copyright?”