facebook problem

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
IKickShins

Re: facebook problem

Post by IKickShins » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:27 am

elliss_seven wrote:Woow, most of the photos are watermarked. That's kind of funny. Hah.
I have sent her a message on Facebook asking her to take mine down.
dare2wear wrote:im not too sure what to write in that DMCA notice. i dont want to share my postal address etc. especially not with her. or did i misunderstad something?
I'm in the process of filling out a DMCA notice but I was wondering the same thing?
Maybe try contacting Facebook and let them know you're the copyright holder, but you're also concerned about privacy? Like fill out the form, but explain you don't want the infringing party to have your address instead of filling out the contact section properly. I dunno how much good it would do in light of Facebook's very lax views on protecting people's information, but it's worth a shot.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

elliss_seven

Post by elliss_seven » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:20 am

ikickshins wrote:
elliss_seven wrote:Woow, most of the photos are watermarked. That's kind of funny. Hah.
I have sent her a message on Facebook asking her to take mine down.
dare2wear wrote:im not too sure what to write in that DMCA notice. i dont want to share my postal address etc. especially not with her. or did i misunderstad something?
I'm in the process of filling out a DMCA notice but I was wondering the same thing?
Maybe try contacting Facebook and let them know you're the copyright holder, but you're also concerned about privacy? Like fill out the form, but explain you don't want the infringing party to have your address instead of filling out the contact section properly. I dunno how much good it would do in light of Facebook's very lax views on protecting people's information, but it's worth a shot.
What had me concerned was how FB says the info may be shared with person I'm filing it against, but oh well. What can she do anyways! I just didn't include my real phone number.
The one and only .. Facebook.com/ls.seven

Jynx

Post by Jynx » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:07 pm

ScarletLady wrote:If she does hair for a living (whatever that means) surely she she should have enough pictures of her own work, seeing as that's what she's selling - that baffles me completely! :?

Those pictures are all SO recognisable as well - especially LS-7s :roll:

And I Highly Doubt she can do any work that actually looks like it's made by LS-7. :?

elliss_seven

Post by elliss_seven » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 am

Jynx wrote:
ScarletLady wrote:If she does hair for a living (whatever that means) surely she she should have enough pictures of her own work, seeing as that's what she's selling - that baffles me completely! :?

Those pictures are all SO recognisable as well - especially LS-7s :roll:

And I Highly Doubt she can do any work that actually looks like it's made by LS-7. :?
Awww *blushes*
The one and only .. Facebook.com/ls.seven

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:16 am

Subli's Love Locks wrote:and again i stole no ones work bc i didnt remove watermarks and in each individual pic i credited those whos work it was and even stated it wasnt mine
so stop wasting your time messaging me
this is not stealing you just need to chill
It seems to me that there are people thinking it's ok to use a photo with watermark in it if the watermarks are not taken away. o_O
Fake your hair - http://dreadviolet.com/
Dreadviolet Hair Creations & material supplies -
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

xxkinzixx

Post by xxkinzixx » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:43 am

well she has taken the photos down now, she just deleted the whole "dreads" photo album on her page :)
SYNTHETIKZERO - Custom Jewelry, Synth & Wool Dreads, Hair Accessories
Etsy
Facebook

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:30 am

xxkinzixx wrote:well she has taken the photos down now, she just deleted the whole "dreads" photo album on her page :)
That could have just been the DMCA's taken into effect.

Dollylox

Post by Dollylox » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:36 pm

I messaged her telling her to take all my photos down, then I looked a couple of days later and the whole thing had gone anyway. :)

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:38 pm

here is a link to do watermarks in paint, which if you have windows most people have ;)

http://www.connectedphotographer.com/is ... 93001.html

Return to “Copyright?”