comments about your hair by the general public

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
iddylove

Re: comments about your hair by the general public

Post by iddylove » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:06 am

Nenedhel wrote:
iddylove wrote:what the hell. i almost never get people being rude about my hair, but yesterday i was at the gas station, in line paying, and the two girls behind me were like "omg wtf is on her head" and loudly and quite obviously laughing at me. i ignored it. THEN, while i was pumping my gas, they proceeded to drive by slowly in their car and take a picture of me. all the while howling with laughter. really? what the hell is wrong with people? i understand if you dont like my hair, thats fine, i dont care, but dont be rude about it.
Gah I know what you mean >< its really abnoxious and annoying more than anything else.

Generally (I think its because of my clothing when I go out clubbing etc) I get called 'Predator' or similar... not too bad really haha
my boyfriends best friend just called me predator the other day hahah.

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Today in my GP's there was a woman (admittedly she was a bit of a chav) with her two kids. Her little girl who looked about 8 or 9 was asking me about my hair, and if I was Stephanie from Lazy town (lol) while her mum was booking an appointment.
I was talking to this girl and told her I wasn't Stephanie but I do like lazy town and my favourite is Robby Rotten when her mum noticed her asking me questions and slapped her round the back of the head and shouted "DONN YEW TALKTA FUREAKS, YER HEAR ME CHANTELLE?" then gave me one of the most disgusted, horrible glares ever. She then went on to tell the reception staff (who know me quite well) that "HERS CAUSIN TROUBLE, HEAR ME? SHOULD WATCH OUT FER HER TYPE". Her poor kids looked absolutely horrified.

That is actually the first really nasty person I've come across :s
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:28 pm

Goffy_lucc wrote:Today in my GP's there was a woman (admittedly she was a bit of a chav) with her two kids. Her little girl who looked about 8 or 9 was asking me about my hair, and if I was Stephanie from Lazy town (lol) while her mum was booking an appointment.
I was talking to this girl and told her I wasn't Stephanie but I do like lazy town and my favourite is Robby Rotten when her mum noticed her asking me questions and slapped her round the back of the head and shouted "DONN YEW TALKTA FUREAKS, YER HEAR ME CHANTELLE?" then gave me one of the most disgusted, horrible glares ever. She then went on to tell the reception staff (who know me quite well) that "HERS CAUSIN TROUBLE, HEAR ME? SHOULD WATCH OUT FER HER TYPE". Her poor kids looked absolutely horrified.

That is actually the first really nasty person I've come across :s
That sort of thing has happened to me as well. At the time I was working in a pre school. The irony! :|

What a horrible thing to teach kids.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:57 pm

O_o really?? How awful. Poor kid...you looked like one of her hero's & her mother kicks off like that!!

Here's hoping small child turns in to a "fureak"
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Thats awful :c Its happened to be before too, where the parents are like "ugh, I'll kill you if you ever end up like THAT." It just goes to show how much prejudice and hatred is learned. Seriously, if no one was taught that 'our kind' was weird they'd just think it was cool. Just like fearing snakes and spiders and other creepy things; most babies dont give a fuck about spiders if you show them to them at a young age, its when they see their parents or tv or whatever going "oh ewww snakes and spiders are scary and grosssss" and they learn it. People suck.
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:12 pm

That's exactly what I thought, I mean she was so excited about me having the same hair as Stephanie... I wasn't dressed horribly or anything, I'm just wearing a maxi dress and a pair of sandals, which is something completely different than I normally wear and I felt pretty "normal" (whatever normal means) :/

Poor little girl, and the boy was scared to look at me after. Luckily they left pretty quickly afterwards.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:27 am

awh. i think that honsetly i would have just been totally disrespectful and keep on talking to the child lol. and why is it ok for her to watch lazy town then? cant be watchin them freaks on the tv.

schwarz_engelblut

Post by schwarz_engelblut » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:37 pm

i went to the Wal*Mart late last night with the hubby to get cold medicine (he took break at wor to get me) and we kept hearing people talking and camera shutters.... excused it... Then we got in line and these bold arse mofos are taking my picture screaming "wtf is that ish? wth man? take a pic of that ish!!! that's ret*rded!!! (I hate that word!!!)" They were grown freakin men!!!! and then they followed us out of the store with it!!! Took all of my might to make sure hubby didn't hit em... or me for that matter..... An older lady and her granchild, maybe a few years younger than me, saw so they started to ask about it. Nicely. The last time I was in that store a buggy guy kindly asked for a picture... He could put it on the internet saying good bad or ugy things about it but at least he was polite.... If this idiots would have been nice about it I wouldn't give a flying fig! But who wants tto be sick and have people you don't know bash you for being yourself!!!! Mum made the "you wore it to get comments" statement she always gives... but I should be able to walk around butt naked w/o someone being stupid. omg.... seriously..... 10 times this week that something stupid has happened.......
this is my witty signature. love it. fear it <3 rawr!

if you havn't received your package, contact me!!

Dreads for sale

PreMades :]
http://www.SchwarzEngelblut.etsy.com

Hairyspace
http://www.myspace.com/engelbluthair

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:46 pm

I went to London for two days and got three people wanting my picture, that was kinda cool! They were all tourists too I think

Shala

Post by Shala » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:27 am

Today when i got out of the tram two black men(how do i say that nicely? Negroid? I dunno :/) walked passed me and they said "hey Rastafari!" and i laughed a little bit.. appearantly my dreads look real enough ^^

Had also several people in the tram ask me if it was my real hair and how it was done.. Fun when you have to try explaining that in German haha.

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:40 pm

one of the guys at works always makes fun of me and sings me bob marley songs lol.

(ps, i dont think negroid is a very nice word at all)

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Black is fine(well always has been with black people I know anyway), I'm guessing the language barrier makes it difficult?
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Shala wrote:Today when i got out of the tram two black men(how do i say that nicely? Negroid? I dunno :/)
Erm.... massive NO. Black men is fine.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Today at my doctors surgery the receptionist signed me in before I even got to the desk because she said she could see my beautiful hair from afar XD
And again at my doctors a little girl was so excited at the colour of her hair she almost wet herself. She was dancing around singing "PINK PINK PINKETY PINK YAAAYYYY". Her mum thought it was hilarious, until she realised her daughter really DID need the toilet lol.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

danixdorko

Post by danixdorko » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:42 pm

Goffy_lucc wrote:Today at my doctors surgery the receptionist signed me in before I even got to the desk because she said she could see my beautiful hair from afar XD
And again at my doctors a little girl was so excited at the colour of her hair she almost wet herself. She was dancing around singing "PINK PINK PINKETY PINK YAAAYYYY". Her mum thought it was hilarious, until she realised her daughter really DID need the toilet lol.

Hahaha that's awesome! Little kids are so cute about it but around here the parents usually quiet them down rather quickly. I'd love for a little one to get that excited hahaa.
-Indecisive Army-

Sunshine Button.

Shala

Post by Shala » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:21 pm

woolhairhabit wrote:
Shala wrote:Today when i got out of the tram two black men(how do i say that nicely? Negroid? I dunno :/)
Erm.... massive NO. Black men is fine.
ScarletLady wrote:Black is fine(well always has been with black people I know anyway), I'm guessing the language barrier makes it difficult?
Well thanks for clearing that up.. I thought that Black would be offensive, so i apologize for even saying the other word.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:08 am

Shala wrote:Well thanks for clearing that up.. I thought that Black would be offensive, so i apologize for even saying the other word.
Don't worry. I'm glad, for your sake, that you asked. ;)

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:14 am

I remember my friend Ben once said when asked the question "So what do you like to be called? Black? Coloured?" etc "Well I generally like to be called Ben actually" :lol:

Ooooh we did laff :D

* Queen of Tangents*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:24 am

Hahaha, fair enough. People ask me quite often, in hushed tones, 'Where is your fella from?' I answer, in a similar conspiratorial whisper, 'Stretford'.

I also once got asked, 'Your baby is gorgeous. Is she a half-breed, like me?' I was neither amused nor polite.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 am

O_o half breed?? That's disgraceful. One of my friends married a black man, she says their children are mixed race.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 am

Half-breed? :shock:

Dan's daughter calls herself "Mixed Wace"

It's very cute :D

* Queen of Tangents*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:31 am

Yup. Shocking. I told her that, if that's how she chose to view herself I couldn't argue but there was no way in hell she would refer to my child that way. It sounds like some category they wouldn't have at Crufts.

I actually had another interesting conversation the other day with someone who thought it was fine to call Jews 'Yids' because he'd heard the Tottenham supporters shouting 'Yid Army'. I was also glad he had mentioned it.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:44 am

woolhairhabit wrote:I was also glad he had mentioned it.
Gracey SMASH! It's like saying of someone jumped off a cliff it'd be acceptable for us all to do it! sort of.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Tue May 03, 2011 11:08 am

I had a interesting one this weekend. I played a gig in a small pub in great ayton and afterwards one of the men (who was like some kind of hardman/mobster) asked me if i wanted a comb :?: wha??

And then he said it later like 'i can believe you dont want a comb' so i said 'your having a laugh aint you mate? a comb wouldnt even get through these like' and he didnt get my sarcasm and just said 'thats why i asked if you wanted a comb'

doh :roll:
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Tue May 03, 2011 12:49 pm

I believe he was being sarcastic...
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”