comments about your hair by the general public

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
iddylove

Re: comments about your hair by the general public

Post by iddylove » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:40 pm

one of the guys at works always makes fun of me and sings me bob marley songs lol.

(ps, i dont think negroid is a very nice word at all)

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Black is fine(well always has been with black people I know anyway), I'm guessing the language barrier makes it difficult?
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Shala wrote:Today when i got out of the tram two black men(how do i say that nicely? Negroid? I dunno :/)
Erm.... massive NO. Black men is fine.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Today at my doctors surgery the receptionist signed me in before I even got to the desk because she said she could see my beautiful hair from afar XD
And again at my doctors a little girl was so excited at the colour of her hair she almost wet herself. She was dancing around singing "PINK PINK PINKETY PINK YAAAYYYY". Her mum thought it was hilarious, until she realised her daughter really DID need the toilet lol.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

danixdorko

Post by danixdorko » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:42 pm

Goffy_lucc wrote:Today at my doctors surgery the receptionist signed me in before I even got to the desk because she said she could see my beautiful hair from afar XD
And again at my doctors a little girl was so excited at the colour of her hair she almost wet herself. She was dancing around singing "PINK PINK PINKETY PINK YAAAYYYY". Her mum thought it was hilarious, until she realised her daughter really DID need the toilet lol.

Hahaha that's awesome! Little kids are so cute about it but around here the parents usually quiet them down rather quickly. I'd love for a little one to get that excited hahaa.
-Indecisive Army-

Sunshine Button.

Shala

Post by Shala » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:21 pm

woolhairhabit wrote:
Shala wrote:Today when i got out of the tram two black men(how do i say that nicely? Negroid? I dunno :/)
Erm.... massive NO. Black men is fine.
ScarletLady wrote:Black is fine(well always has been with black people I know anyway), I'm guessing the language barrier makes it difficult?
Well thanks for clearing that up.. I thought that Black would be offensive, so i apologize for even saying the other word.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:08 am

Shala wrote:Well thanks for clearing that up.. I thought that Black would be offensive, so i apologize for even saying the other word.
Don't worry. I'm glad, for your sake, that you asked. ;)

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:14 am

I remember my friend Ben once said when asked the question "So what do you like to be called? Black? Coloured?" etc "Well I generally like to be called Ben actually" :lol:

Ooooh we did laff :D

* Queen of Tangents*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:24 am

Hahaha, fair enough. People ask me quite often, in hushed tones, 'Where is your fella from?' I answer, in a similar conspiratorial whisper, 'Stretford'.

I also once got asked, 'Your baby is gorgeous. Is she a half-breed, like me?' I was neither amused nor polite.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 am

O_o half breed?? That's disgraceful. One of my friends married a black man, she says their children are mixed race.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 am

Half-breed? :shock:

Dan's daughter calls herself "Mixed Wace"

It's very cute :D

* Queen of Tangents*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:31 am

Yup. Shocking. I told her that, if that's how she chose to view herself I couldn't argue but there was no way in hell she would refer to my child that way. It sounds like some category they wouldn't have at Crufts.

I actually had another interesting conversation the other day with someone who thought it was fine to call Jews 'Yids' because he'd heard the Tottenham supporters shouting 'Yid Army'. I was also glad he had mentioned it.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:44 am

woolhairhabit wrote:I was also glad he had mentioned it.
Gracey SMASH! It's like saying of someone jumped off a cliff it'd be acceptable for us all to do it! sort of.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Tue May 03, 2011 11:08 am

I had a interesting one this weekend. I played a gig in a small pub in great ayton and afterwards one of the men (who was like some kind of hardman/mobster) asked me if i wanted a comb :?: wha??

And then he said it later like 'i can believe you dont want a comb' so i said 'your having a laugh aint you mate? a comb wouldnt even get through these like' and he didnt get my sarcasm and just said 'thats why i asked if you wanted a comb'

doh :roll:
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Tue May 03, 2011 12:49 pm

I believe he was being sarcastic...
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue May 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Nah, not from Gt Ayton. They have no idea what sarcasm is. bloody backwards farm yackers! :lol:

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Tue May 03, 2011 1:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: true dat!
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue May 03, 2011 4:18 pm

I was pretty pleased, I went to walmart a few weeks ago and wore my dreadfalls for the first time, and a whole mob of people were ooing and ahhing with the whole "is that your REAL HAIR?" "OMG I LOVE GREEN" :lol: it was nice for once, and I got some funny looks when I was like "no, this isn't my real hair, my real hair is a black and red mohawk" and everyone was like "whaa, how?" :lol: My semi-tipsy friend then went on about how "baseball's STUPID" for the rest of the night but thats a different story :roll:
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

justapuppetonastring

Post by justapuppetonastring » Thu May 05, 2011 8:09 pm

patricia*star wrote:I had a interesting one this weekend. I played a gig in a small pub in great ayton and afterwards one of the men (who was like some kind of hardman/mobster) asked me if i wanted a comb :?: wha??

And then he said it later like 'i can believe you dont want a comb' so i said 'your having a laugh aint you mate? a comb wouldnt even get through these like' and he didnt get my sarcasm and just said 'thats why i asked if you wanted a comb'

I live near Great Ayton =)

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Thu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm

justapuppetonastring wrote:
patricia*star wrote:I had a interesting one this weekend. I played a gig in a small pub in great ayton and afterwards one of the men (who was like some kind of hardman/mobster) asked me if i wanted a comb :?: wha??

I live near Great Ayton =)
Ahh you will have to come and see us when we play in there again :D its the newton rose. However, we are playing at walkabout in boro tomorrow night. Should be a wicked gig :D

justapuppetonastring

Post by justapuppetonastring » Fri May 06, 2011 11:05 am

Ah right, awesome, what are yous called? x

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Fri May 06, 2011 11:40 am

We are called 'undercover' although the name may change in the future due to it being a VERY popular name, especially with female fronted cover bands :roll: doh

Leanna Moore

Post by Leanna Moore » Mon May 30, 2011 1:20 am

I've gotten alot of old people, nearly snarling at me, "WHY? Why would you do that to your hair?!"

I've gotten called "N***** wannabe" twice. "Freaky freak" by a 4 year old (haha). I've also had alot of positive feedback, such as teenage girls squeeling over my head and asking if my dreads were real, and how I dyed my hair so many different colors. Older woman at the public pool saying I have such 'neat' hair, and how their grand daughters would love it. and I just get alot of 'I like your hair''s, and 'Is it real?''s, and 'Where'd you get it done?''s. I could really care less about the negative comments, I feel good about my synth dreads (: If they don't like them, it's honestly not my issue.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue May 31, 2011 3:42 am

Was at the mall today dressed very plain and boring, hair just in a ponytail and my sides havent been shaved in a while so you couldn't even tell. Two old guys looked at me and shook their heads in actual disgust and acted offended that I existed. Heard them muttering "unbelievable. What is wrong with people." Thought the same thing.
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

DaisyChains

Post by DaisyChains » Tue May 31, 2011 7:23 am

ive always had good comments apart from kids taking the piss but who cares lol, had alot of funny looks off the toffs in our town but that probs down to my hair and alot of the clothes i wear but it doesnt bother me anymore, it used to but ive developed broad shoulders, id rather be hated for who i am than loved for who im not ;)

ive worked in care for many years and all the older pacients LOVE my hair, i think because im a very bubbly person they think it suits me as a person :D

xx

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”