Kids and black hair dye???

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
brandalynn

Kids and black hair dye???

Post by brandalynn » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:18 pm

My son (Razyel) is 8 y/o. His hair is 8" long and shaved into a mohawk. He is currently wanting black hair. I am really torn on this. His dad says go for it, but I know how much of a pain it is to remove black. Razyel has had pretty much every color out there. His favorite color changes as often as most people change socks. Does temporary black come out any easier than permanent? Is this just a bad idea in general? I had him choose another color as backup, and he will take green. The boy thinks he is on a gothic kick :roll: I don't hinder what my kid does in trying to discover himself, I just don't want him to ruin his hair because cutting his hair will break his little heart.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

MrsEss

Re: Kids and black hair dye???

Post by MrsEss » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Nope, semi black is as permanent as actual permanent - it fades to brown.

You could always opt for a veggie black, that would be easier.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

brandalynn

Re: Kids and black hair dye???

Post by brandalynn » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:41 pm

I think dad may have won out on this one. Razyel brought home straight A's and has maintained them all year. He wants black hair as his earned privilege. Would anyone know what undertones manic panic raven and n'rage black fade to? I am going for a blue black so we can gradually fade to something pleasant.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”