real dreads and synthetic hair

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
volksblues

real dreads and synthetic hair

Post by volksblues » Wed May 02, 2012 2:32 pm

talk to me about extending real dreadlocks with synthetic hair. good or bad idea? i'm assuming as long as you know how to care for the different hair types separately it shouldn't be an issue, correct? i would love to see pictures or hear any tips anyone has!! i've read the tutorials in the tutorial section about extending dreadlocks with human hair, so i'm assuming it's the same type of principle to attach them.

i would also love to see pictures of natural dreads enhanced with synthetics, for volume, colour etc.
Steph's Custom Crochet: Etsy // Facebook
I am open to trades! Show me what you have (dreads/headbands/clothes/dread accessories) and if you have something I fancy I will trade you for a custom piece!

NirvanaMarie

Re: real dreads and synthetic hair

Post by NirvanaMarie » Thu May 03, 2012 5:59 pm

It is just fine for temporary extenders. If you want something more permanent I would suggest going with human hair.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu May 03, 2012 9:12 pm

You might be better off asking in the real dreads section for this. I know a few ladies have done it, Gracey is probably the oracle when it comes to stuff like this.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

volksblues

Post by volksblues » Thu May 03, 2012 9:31 pm

thanks guys i keep forgetting about all the other sections on here haha!! i got some good advice from facebook, i think if i create real dreads i will extend with human hair!
Steph's Custom Crochet: Etsy // Facebook
I am open to trades! Show me what you have (dreads/headbands/clothes/dread accessories) and if you have something I fancy I will trade you for a custom piece!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun May 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Personally, I wouldn't do it. Synth hair corrodes over time and I just always think the texture is way off. I've seen some good pictures of extender work dont with synth but what I've seen up close has never impressed me. Human hair all the way, I reckon.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”