which hair pins? and any other fall advice?

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
hairykiter

which hair pins? and any other fall advice?

Post by hairykiter » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi :i7:

So the fight for dreadfall coverage continues ... next week I'll be wearing my new (not finished yet) set for pretty much the whole week, all day every day. Kind of a big thing for me!

What kind of hair pins are best for securing hair in buns, and holding dreads in place? Kirbigrip style (like these), or big hairpin style (these)? Or something else? I don't have any yet, don't want to go buying stuff that won't work.

In general, I'll be using sock toes for bun covers and tying the buns together with a big elastic hairband to relieve scalp stress. Oh, and I'll have a hairband/bandanna on too.
Is there anything else I need to know about wearing falls?

LadyLillith

Re: which hair pins? and any other fall advice?

Post by LadyLillith » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:37 pm

Personally, when creating my buns I use the large wavy grips as I find the kirby ones too fiddly. But to secure the falls around the bun I use mostly kirby's with the odd wavy one.
Unfortunately, as to the question of which one is best, that is a mixture of experimenting and preference. It depends on the length and thickness of your hair, whether the hair is 'slippy' or stays in place easily, and how heavy the falls are.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.

If the music is too loud, you are too old.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:54 pm

I just use regular hair ties to hold my buns in place, and once the dreads are on I skewer a few bun pins through the to keep them steady.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:58 pm

I prefer kirby grips because i find it gives you a nice solid bun. Also it helps if your hair is not clean so mayby dont wash it the day before :D
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”