DIY comic con style ;D

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Zombie_Medusa

DIY comic con style ;D

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Warning:Be known to use improper gramar/not able to spell correctly.
Just making sure you know ;D

[LOL. someone told me i should do this before every post now. i should buy rosetta stone english, apparently it works pretty well]

Anyway, Ive recently decided that i was going to comic-con and after days of thinking of a costume to wear ive finally found one

{The maker is "Sprinkle your body with naughty" on facebook. Weird name. But its the wolf costume she can make thats somewhere in one of her albums}

I am hopeing to be able to buy that costume, and have a head full of dreads to wear with it.

These are the colors i think the dreads should be{names gotten off cypherlox color chart}

-#1 Jet Black
-44 Dark silver
-51 silver grey.

My only problem is that i have no scence of fashion and its hard for me to make things look good together. So do you think that these dreads in my hair will look good with this outfit or should i choise diffrent colors for them? Input is needed/greatly appreciated ^-^
Even if we dont have the same beliefs/ideas, I will respect you. I will offer you common decency. You don't have to impress me, because I'm not here to impress you

kittyno84

Re: DIY comic con style ;D

Post by kittyno84 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Why not make the outfit yourself? Surely if you're going to a comic con it is better to cosplay something actually to anything to do with the event rather than just a random wolf outfit you found on fb? Unless I am just being confused and you are basing the wolf on something?

Zombie_Medusa

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:03 pm

Wolfs rain is my favorite english anime. I was looking for a cool looking wolf costume that didnt have me walking on my hands and kneese haha.

And the outfit i found that i really like was about 300 o.O

But this girl had took the outfit and made an almost exact replic of it for less then half the price.

Plus i also want to wear it to a massive thats happening two weeks later, which is why im going to buy it.
Even if we dont have the same beliefs/ideas, I will respect you. I will offer you common decency. You don't have to impress me, because I'm not here to impress you

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:08 pm

It isn't an English anime, it was originally premiered in Japan ;)

Zombie_Medusa

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:09 pm

What o.o haha, thanks. Learn something new every day ;D

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Manga/Anime just tends to be released in English after the original language version. Maybe you should look a bit more into the general anime cosplay scene if you didn't know that. Otherwise you'll just look a bit silly at a comic con if you don't know what you're talking about.

Zombie_Medusa

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Haha thanks for the advice, but im normally pretty knowlegable on anime.

My friend just told me that it was made in america once when i was having an argument with her about how US dosnt have any style when it comes to comics and such

I guess she just said that so she could win thinking that i would never find out the truth, damnit. xD

Zombie_Medusa

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Scene whe are allready on the topic of anime, which one is your favorite? Ive been looking for another one to watch scence and i have social life and junk

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm not really a fan of it. Used to read No Need For Tenchi and have a few dvds of manga/anime such as the Studio Ghibli, Death Note, Urotsukidoji and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Zombie_medusa, the search function will be your best friend once you start using it.... There is already an anime/manga thread on the board.
blah blah blah

Zombie_Medusa

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:43 am

But i didnt mean for this to turn into a manga discussion.

I asked if those three color dreads would look good together in a set in my first post.
And my question has yet to be answered, haha.

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:35 pm

I think you would be just fine with those colors, my only concern would be if the hat would fit over the dreads.

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”