Request for advise

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
curlygirly

Request for advise

Post by curlygirly » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi,

Hey all, I wonder whether you could advise me?

I had hair extensions fitted last Saturday, I said that I wanted extensions that would last a few months. They told me that I could have ones that would cost £200 (micro strand technique) and I agreed to this thinking they would last a while.

The hair extensions she put in did not blend with my hair and looked very fake, I Asked her to cut them but I could see she was just hacking at them so I decided to go straight to my own hair stylist and had them cut-this was an extra £50. Upon inspection my stylist said that they were in very tightly and asked me if they were causing any pain. At that point my head felt quite numb but no real pain.

They hair extensions began to cause a lot of pain the day after installing. However as I had previously worn extensions I knew some discomfort was to be expected. I flew out on holiday on Sunday 29th so I was unable to return to the shop. Through the holiday my hair caused so much pain I was unable to sleep. I visited a hair salon out there was told me that I should go back to my original hair salon to get them removed as they were fitted too tightly and they did not want to be involved.

It clearly stated in the shop that if there was any problem that it must be registered within 3 days. I asked my dad to call as I was on holiday but the lady said didn't know who I was.

This morning I called her straight after I got off my flight and home and said that they were really hurting and they needed to come out. She told me she was not working today. I asked again and she agreed to take them out.

Upon removal I asked if she would refund me some of the cost because £200 is extortionate for one weeks worth of wear. She said I would have had to register complaint on the first day of wear (even though it stated on the wall that was 3 days) and that I could speak to management this afternoon.

We just called and she said there is no management and that she is not willing to negotiate and that we could do what liked as the salon is closing down.

I am very disappointed and wondered if you could help?

IKickShins

Re: Request for advise

Post by IKickShins » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, you could file a chargeback.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

curlygirly

Post by curlygirly » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:09 pm

no I didn't... cash :(

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:54 pm

I'm not sure how it works where you are, but you could file a complaint against the stylist, they have to get license for a reason...

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”