What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
User avatar
Librarynerd
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 9:22 am
Location: Olympia, WA

What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by Librarynerd » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:21 am

I'll start. I simply have dreads from these makers.
-Crochet naturals from Hibiscus
-Mad Ls7 a line set
-Saspe doo marbald roving kit
- crazy crinkle roving from Vixensingblack
And I tons of money and time of from work I would in to have woolhairhabit dread my natural hair and add hh dread extenders
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

User avatar
dread_addiction
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:55 am

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by dread_addiction » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:28 am

i want Ls-7 dreads ..a set for every color ...that be awsome >_<

User avatar
DesolateBeloved
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:02 am

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by DesolateBeloved » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:46 am

Blood red Kag dreads. Kag's are wild elves in DnD/other roleplaying fantasy games. Basically, my dream dreads are reeeally sealed, thick palm rolled, braided, and knotty dreads with beads, shells, feathers, etc attached to make them look like a wild elf should be wearing them. T_T

User avatar
MrsEss
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:06 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:40 am

I saw this & thought I already have my dream dreads! As for the past year I've gone through my own "must have" list & now I have them! :D BUT then thinking about it in a dream.......my hair would naturally be blue & be waist length so I could go & see the lovely Gracey & get real dreads

I'm flattered Jean ;)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

User avatar
Gracey
Posts: 3034
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:46 am
Location: Manchester UK
Contact:

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by Gracey » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:31 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:thinking about it in a dream.......my hair would naturally be blue & be waist length so I could go & see the lovely Gracey & get real dreads

I'm flattered Jean
Likewise, Sarah. ;)

In an ideal world, only one hairdo could measure up. The only one I've ever seriously coveted. Two words.

Sideshow Bob.

I'd go to any one person who could do that for me.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

User avatar
MrsEss
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:06 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:04 pm

One day perhaps Grace....If I can EVER grow it long enough.

Hehehe, I had a sideshow bob wig :D It was that stage of fully backcombed before sealing :lol: was EPIC!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

User avatar
rivetlicker_
Posts: 4561
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:54 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:46 pm

I need:
A Nevermind wig
Cypherlox Dread Falls
More LS Seven for sure!
Hibiscus Dreads
Urban Synthetix
One of the Hungarian girls' dreads haha
Naturals from Jynx Dreads
And a set from my dear friend Jess, aka Opiate!

User avatar
Dystopatica
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:34 am
Location: Newcastle, UK
Contact:

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by Dystopatica » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Dreadviolet. I have lusted over her work for years now however the exchange rate sadly makes most of the scandanavian sellers a little out of my budget as they are usually about 50% more expensive than buying from a UK or a US seller. One day however I will own some of her work.

Also I am loving the texture of LS7's new style. I only wear plain black dreads though so I am wondering if this would actually translate to a plain dark colour or if the subtle texture nuances would actually be lost on black dreads.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

User avatar
rivetlicker_
Posts: 4561
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:54 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:24 am

Dystopatica wrote:Dreadviolet. I have lusted over her work for years now however the exchange rate sadly makes most of the scandanavian sellers a little out of my budget as they are usually about 50% more expensive than buying from a UK or a US seller. One day however I will own some of her work.

Also I am loving the texture of LS7's new style. I only wear plain black dreads though so I am wondering if this would actually translate to a plain dark colour or if the subtle texture nuances would actually be lost on black dreads.
Get dark gray accents for the textures :P It'll still be awesome and black, but it'll have extra texture!

User avatar
dread_addiction
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:55 am

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by dread_addiction » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:22 am

rivetlicker_ wrote:I need:
A Nevermind wig
Cypherlox Dread Falls
More LS Seven for sure!
Hibiscus Dreads
Urban Synthetix
One of the Hungarian girls' dreads haha
Naturals from Jynx Dreads
And a set from my dear friend Jess, aka Opiate!

oohh i want a Nevermind wig too ..they are amazing!

User avatar
..::AtomicLox::..
Posts: 954
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:08 am
Location: Southern Oregon, USA
Contact:

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:10 pm

I'd love:
A good a line kit, probably LS7 with a pink base (assuming I could manage to grow some balls and fry/chop all my long hair I've worked so hard for!),
A good solid kit of naturals in black and petrol,
Another set of Brandalynn's knotty dreads in pinks this time,
And I am DYING (seriously DYING) for a set of Miasma's new textured roving!
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

User avatar
hellcity
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Newcastle NSW Australia
Contact:

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by hellcity » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Crap. Tough call. I'm pretty into textures at the moment and like everyone else I adore LS7's work. I'd get Miasma dreads in every colour because they're far more works of art than hair and I'm so down with that. If I had endless cash to spend, I'd probably get a set off most of the sellers on here TBH. Imagine a massive walk in wardrobe of boundless colours and textures. How much would that rock?!
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in. - Homer Simpson

blog + violet.crime design facebook + personal facebook

User avatar
starlotus
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:32 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by starlotus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Going with the consensus and saying LS7 as well.

Also would like a set of roving made entirely with humane/animal friendly wool. I wouldn't normally wear wool because I don't do animal products but there are some wool suppliers out there that run animal sanctuaries that I think I could justify wearing :)

User avatar
ShadowThrone
Posts: 4282
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:59 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Desiree white/blonde/grey naturals would be the first that springs to mind for me. Graceys crocheted synths too :D

As money is no object, I'd also like to see if these are really worth that much http://www.rapunzelofsweden.com/1/en/sw ... fts-18.php :lol:

User avatar
starbaby
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by starbaby » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm definitely going to follow the crowd and put LS-7 on my list. Right at the top - a nice long set of gorgeous jewel-tones. Or an a-line. Maybe both!

Next would be a set from Miasma. I've been lusting after some of the new techniques she's developed. Also a marbled set from Sapsiedoo.

A nevermind wig and a set from Meme and Dear2Wear are definitely on the list, too.

User avatar
NaturalistDesigns
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Northants, UK

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:41 pm

This is really tough as there are sooo many dread sellers I would love to buy from, but as I haven't worn dreads in so long..

Onto the list;

Some roving from both Sarah, Miasma, Glamour Trash - this is a big NEED

Synth wise I would give to own some;
LS7, Urban Synthetix, Imp and Petal (Yes Atomic Lox, I need your work!!!), Desiree, Dare2wear, Glamour Trash Naturals, Haggis McNoodle. Ahh soo many >.<

But yes, need moar coin to purchase hairs.

User avatar
MrsEss
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:06 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by MrsEss » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:36 pm

You're all very sweet for wanting dreads from me :D IDK what's stopping you though :lol:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

User avatar
space_waste
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by space_waste » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:12 pm

I'm currently saving up for some ls-7's. The problem will be finding a colour that I'll be able to stick with for a while, I'm terrible for doing late-night dye experiments with my hair.

User avatar
Monique_marion_may
Posts: 1876
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:18 am
Location: Bristol

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 pm

Ass length natural hair which is red. Hells yeah

But in dread world, thecutealternative and saspie doo dreads. END OF.

User avatar
..::AtomicLox::..
Posts: 954
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:08 am
Location: Southern Oregon, USA
Contact:

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:38 am

NaturalistDesigns wrote:Synth wise I would give to own some;
LS7, Urban Synthetix, Imp and Petal (Yes Atomic Lox, I need your work!!!), Desiree, Dare2wear, Glamour Trash Naturals, Haggis McNoodle. Ahh soo many >.<
Awwe! >_<
Made my silly wrong-side-of-the-bed day!
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

User avatar
starbaby
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by starbaby » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:45 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:You're all very sweet for wanting dreads from me :D IDK what's stopping you though :lol:
... Money. :<

User avatar
miasmahair
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:11 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by miasmahair » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:55 am

Oh! How kind of you guys! :D
starlotus wrote:Also would like a set of roving made entirely with humane/animal friendly wool. I wouldn't normally wear wool because I don't do animal products but there are some wool suppliers out there that run animal sanctuaries that I think I could justify wearing
Wow, seriously? Admittedly, I haven't heard awesome things about animal husbandry practices in the US, and mulesing is common in Australia (although if I had to choose between being mulsed and getting flystrike and being eaten from the arse out by maggots, I'd probably go with mulesing :shock:), but here on sheep farms, they just run round happily and come in once a year for shearing. Especially merinos, which are pretty much given the run of thousands of acres of high country.
Look how happy these sheep are!
Image

User avatar
Zombiæ
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:04 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by Zombiæ » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:22 am

I'm working on getting my wishlist done ^_^

I already have a set of Dreamfisher Dreads made by Miasma. I wanted these for YEARS! :D

A set by Hibiscus is in the making. They will be send to me next week, if all goes well ^_^

Next month I hope to order a set by LS7, I want her to make my zombie dreads ^_^

And as a last wish I want a blue set by any of the naturalstyle dreadsmakers here, I just haven't picked one (and they have to want to take my order ;)) :mrgreen:
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

User avatar
Vicsarina
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:11 am

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by Vicsarina » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:32 am

miasmahair wrote:Oh! How kind of you guys! :D
starlotus wrote:Also would like a set of roving made entirely with humane/animal friendly wool. I wouldn't normally wear wool because I don't do animal products but there are some wool suppliers out there that run animal sanctuaries that I think I could justify wearing
Wow, seriously? Admittedly, I haven't heard awesome things about animal husbandry practices in the US, and mulesing is common in Australia (although if I had to choose between being mulsed and getting flystrike and being eaten from the arse out by maggots, I'd probably go with mulesing :shock:), but here on sheep farms, they just run round happily and come in once a year for shearing. Especially merinos, which are pretty much given the run of thousands of acres of high country.
Look how happy these sheep are!
Image
Why oh why did I Google that? I don't think I'm eating breakfast today. :/
*Rule Obsessor*

User avatar
MrsEss
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:06 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: What are your dream dreads ? money is no object.

Post by MrsEss » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:02 pm

starbaby wrote:
DreadstarMonstar wrote:You're all very sweet for wanting dreads from me :D IDK what's stopping you though :lol:
... Money. :<

:lol: OK :P

Well, Jean can wipe me from her list as she got a BARGAIN from me on eBay yesterday :D

Oh, I'd like to ass Miasma too!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Post Reply

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests