Do you suffer with DKCD(Dread Kit Completion Disorder)?

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Librarynerd

Do you suffer with DKCD(Dread Kit Completion Disorder)?

Post by Librarynerd » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:15 pm

My name is Jean and I suffer from DKCD(Dread Kit Completion Disorder).
Every time I start a new set I get to 25-35 completed dreads and then I lose interest in the color, style, or length and start on a completely different set. This leaves me with a bunch half done sets and many extra bags of KK:(

I know of no treatment for this disorder. Any suggestions of words of support encouraged.
:i6:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

CancerHybrid

Re: Do you suffer with DKCD(Dread Kit Completion Disorder)?

Post by CancerHybrid » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:35 pm

get an undercut. then 25-35 dreads will be more than enough for an install.
*Manda*

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:50 pm

yes! everytime i go to make my own sets! its horrible and by the time i get the motive to finish my hair is completely different!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:53 pm

CancerHybrid wrote:get an undercut. then 25-35 dreads will be more than enough for an install.

This :D

Oh or pay other people to make em for you. Tis what I do :D
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:47 am

... i suffer from DKCD too, part of the reason i decided to quit dreadmaking as it also happened with dread kits for customers :(

i think i just dont have the patience anymore...

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:12 am

Haha, I get bored with colors really easily too! When I make sets for customers I can just force myself to plow through them until the end, but pre-made sets or sets for myself take friggin' forever because I lose interest. I think that's why I'm going to start making small "accent" dread sets to put up on my etsy site for pre-mades instead of always making full install sets.

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:11 pm

See, now i tend to start slow, like only making 5 or so dreads at a time, but then once i have about 1/2 done I get excited to see them finished and I bang the rest of the set out. I have a problem starting a set pretty often though... probably b/c I'm a procrastinator at heart. This is one of the many reasons I don't often make sets for others.
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:55 pm

I never actually made kits for myself, so I can't say I do :lol:

However, I do suffer from CMOS (not complimentary metal-oxide semiconductor LOL), but Craft Material Overload Syndrome. I buy tonnes of craft supplies and never use them :(

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:07 am

rivetlicker_ wrote:
However, I do suffer from CMOS (not complimentary metal-oxide semiconductor LOL), but Craft Material Overload Syndrome. I buy tonnes of craft supplies and never use them :(
I do this too. It's a problem. I'm running out of storage space.

Khymeira

Post by Khymeira » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:07 am

Whoa. While I've been making dreads for myself for a few years, I've only recently been making them for others. I can't say I've suffered from the aforementioned, but I watch a lot of television when dreadmaking. Perhaps this would help to alleviate the symptoms?

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:31 am

I watch tv/movies a lot too while I'm dreading, but only stuff that I've seen before because I can't really watch visually, only listen and I miss too much if it's something new....when I have a lot of orders going on, I almost feel bad because I feel like I'm wasting my money on my Netflix because I don't use it.

I've also recently found that Pandora helps alleviate some of my pretty severe ADHD when I'm making dreads. I have 6 stations and I "quick mix" all of them together; somehow the different genres of music changing up keeps me from losing focus.

Pandora, re-watching old episodes of Buffy and Law and Order SVU, beer (I don't get drunk, but for some reason the action of drinking keeps me more focused), and my daily dose of Adderall keep me working. It's hard for me though; because of the ADHD, my focus ebbs and flows; sometimes I'm focused in the a.m.; sometimes I'm total crap all day and end up finding my focus at night....hence why it is now 2:30 a.m. and I'm still up making dreads.

Elstaro

Post by Elstaro » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:41 pm

I have a really bad case of DKCD for the past week infact thats what I should be doing right now. :/
I poo rainbows ^_^

starfragment666

Post by starfragment666 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:45 pm

I do :) I usually just make 10 of each colour- I could never accpet an order for 60 plain balck DE'S!!!
Nicxxx
Now free to take custom orders, to view my work click here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 24e97a2785
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14046

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:54 pm

I have CMOS too :( just this week ive spent £80 on craft bits ill never use :(
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleFusion
Bubble Fusion has an etsy!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:05 am

corpseesproc wrote:I have CMOS too :( just this week ive spent £80 on craft bits ill never use :(
I just bought $20 worth of elastic for the falls, that I will use, and spray paint xD

HairAndStuff

Post by HairAndStuff » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:33 am

Elstaro wrote:I have a really bad case of DKCD for the past week infact thats what I should be doing right now. :/
starfragment666 wrote:I do :) I usually just make 10 of each colour- I could never accpet an order for 60 plain balck DE'S!!!
Sounds very much like my situation. :?
Is it terrible that I feel I would be more engaged if people had more intricate and elaborate orders?

*totters off to go try and complete this order*
"I was making someone more portable and found maybe 30 dollars in pennies in their stomach. People are sick." - Jhonen V.
Hair & Stuff.com - Like H&S on FaceBook

oxalchemyxo

Post by oxalchemyxo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:57 am

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one to suffer from this. I think one of the main reasons I can't finish a set for myself is because my hair is black/dark brown. So i use those colors for my base and it gets boring and monotonous. But I'd love to finish my sets, because even though those colors are boring to work with, I think some of the most intelligent installs I've seen have been brown based and I want that look so bad! I'm all kinds of mixed up :roll:
~Alchemy~

toxymoxy

Post by toxymoxy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:36 pm

I definitely have CMOS, but I'm convinced that someday my supplies will come in handy! I guess I'm still in the denial stage.

And DKCD to a lesser extent.. I do lose steam pretty quickly, but I just force myself to finish the set and then when it's done I'm just the happiest duck and I'm so glad I did it.
i am nobody's little weasel

ToxyMoxy Synthetic Dreads on Facebook

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:52 pm

oxalchemyxo wrote:I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one to suffer from this. I think one of the main reasons I can't finish a set for myself is because my hair is black/dark brown. So i use those colors for my base and it gets boring and monotonous. But I'd love to finish my sets, because even though those colors are boring to work with, I think some of the most intelligent installs I've seen have been brown based and I want that look so bad! I'm all kinds of mixed up :roll:

I think this is part of my problem when I make sets for myself as well. After my grandfather died 2 years ago, I promised I would never dye my hair again (I get my strawberry blonde hair from him) so every single set I make for myself has that for a base, and I think some brighter colors look kind of odd with strawberry blonde (as opposed to, say, black or dark brown) so I tend toward a lot of the same colors.

stephanieee

Post by stephanieee » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:21 am

rivetlicker_ wrote:I never actually made kits for myself, so I can't say I do :lol:

this! i buy all kinds of crap with grand ideas in my head but never get round to doing whatever it was! LOL
actually i'd really lovee a caramel milkshake... do they make those here???

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Yep. It takes me ages to make a set because I get bored of making it. At the moment I'm having another bash at a set I started three months ago and only made five of, then stopped completely. I was originally making them to sell on, but now Im just gonna keep them. :P

Opiate

Post by Opiate » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:27 pm

I get that all the time. I hate plain black dreads and yet they're such a staple.
If there's a kit that's mostly black, I'll struggle through it untill I have to make other colours. I love making transitionals so they always get done first :)
JessFACE
prying.open.my.third.eye
facebook.com/OpiateDreads-Custom Dreads and Cyberlox<3

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:07 am

I have severe, possibly life threatening DKCD. No customer and therefore no restrictions or deadline?! SWEET! I'll make...5 dreads.

Opiate

Post by Opiate » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:16 am

Pallidity wrote:I have severe, possibly life threatening DKCD. No customer and therefore no restrictions or deadline?! SWEET! I'll make...5 dreads.
Yip I'm exactly the same. I've been meaning to make myself a set. Inspiration strikes, and 10 minuetes later it's like "ooh, the pub is calling meee....." so instead, I bought myself 2 sets in the past week so I don't have to do it :3
I'll get around to it one day :P
JessFACE
prying.open.my.third.eye
facebook.com/OpiateDreads-Custom Dreads and Cyberlox<3

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”