Liability Insurance??

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Kandiihaar

Liability Insurance??

Post by Kandiihaar » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Hey,

Just wondering where other hair extensioners get there liability insurance from?

xx

Lorny

Re: Liability Insurance??

Post by Lorny » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Sometimes it depends on what you are being insured for. I know you are doing a colouring course, so things are more expensive when there are more things that can go wrong. If you are doing hair extensions things are less likely to go horribly wrong where a client is going to want to sue you. I don't have liability insurance since I don't go to other people's houses to use chemicals (I always get them to come to mine). If I do, I know the people and know I won't get sued! I always use a ton of PPE though, to prevent anything getting ruined. Usually the premium costs more than just paying up, especially if it was something like a cardi. I'd just say tell the client to buy a new one and bring the receipt and the item with the tag on as proof and pay up myself.

I think your best bet is to go onto the sites and get some quotes in yourself though. :)

Kandiihaar

Post by Kandiihaar » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Thanks hun, got it all sorted now. I won't be colouring anyones hair outside of college til i've got my certs anyway, but need insurance incase something daft happens like someone trips in my house. Of course I will be doing skin tests and getting disclaimer forms signed to cover my own back anyway. Did you have skin tests drummed in to you at college to?x

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:43 pm

Oh, I just have a plain floor, and the're only allowed in the one room! I don't do disclaimer forms though, I think it sends off a bit of a bad signal if you're making them sign stuff (with regards to the doing of hair, unless yours is about tripping). Of course, I have a bit more experience than you, so you should do whatever you feel comfortable with. :)

Yep, skin tests are an absolute must, and even working in salons that didn't do skin tests, I was well on top of them. There's no way I'm getting myself into trouble over it- if they can't be arsed for a skin test they don't get their hair done!

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”