confidence when living in a dread hating town

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
PepperDreads

confidence when living in a dread hating town

Post by PepperDreads » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:57 am

Hello! I liver here in Fort Wayne, Indiana where nobody, and I mean nobody ever wears synthetic dreads. I can't even go outside my house without a bunch of kids screaming stuff at me( which some of the stuff they say makes no scenes at all lol). But it never gets me down, cause I have the confidence to wear colorful cute dreads here in a little town where everybody is so darn judgmental. I have gotten comments like -(oh your'r hair is so amazing!!) And I've gotten rude comments like-(Oh I forgot to brush my hair today) And it's usually the case where people are just mad cause they can't pull it off themselves. I know if I walk with a little pop in my step people tend to leave you alone. I found this one girl on youtube who also lives in a town in Canada where nobody have synthetic dreads in her town either, and she was talking about confidence while wearing dreads. I just be myself, and if being me upsets the people here in my town, I don't worry about it. I don't know them, nor do I want to know them. People are going to think things about anyone. But in my experience, I've had some weird hairstyles, but non of them has gotten me more confidence than what I have now! :i2:
there are plenty of fish in the sea, but to many sharks..

LittlePinkFaery

Re: confidence when living in a dread hating town

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:20 pm

If it gets too much try wearing natural style and colour dreads. I found there were no comments from a natural hippy look but lots when you add colour. Maybe introduce the odd coloured dread here and there. Just an option if you wanted leas hassle:)

PepperDreads

Re: confidence when living in a dread hating town

Post by PepperDreads » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:38 am

Thanks for the idea! I have in black and purple dreads in now are black and purple felt fabric, but i'm thinking of going with all black, and then mabye I wont have to put up with all the hate i'm getting from around here. I'm just wondering if there is any way to dye felt fabric with rit-dyes? I've tried sharpies with rubbing alcohol, which I've heard on youtube works great for synthetic wigs. But I had no luck at all with that, the color didn't even get absorbed into the fabric. I'm going to try anything I can to save them. Any suggestions would be great! :i2:
there are plenty of fish in the sea, but to many sharks..

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”