Forum rules
1) Clearly label your title
2) Add 'VID' to your title is there is a video/ Youtube link
That is it- easy peasy!
moosiefeltfelt

my method of wriggles roving

Post by moosiefeltfelt » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:20 pm

sorry dont have any pics but its pretty simple,

step one measure ur dreads, for example vsb want 8inch so to allow for shrinkage i made them 27inch long.

step two take ur length of roving and dry palm roll it

step three take thin bits of roving and wrap it round the dry palmed rolled one (like if u were making srtippy roving)

step four the bit that save sthe back pain-chuck them in the wash about 40degrees C (not sure wot it is in F)
to stop them from felting togeather try loading your washing machien like so pillow case few dreads pillow case few dreads ect

hope thats ok will put up pics if ppl want xx
roll, roll, roll, the roving make the feltie dreads
hang em up n dry em out
and get a woolie head

Squidgy

Re: my method of wriggles roving

Post by Squidgy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:24 am

Wicked method hun, onr question, if the roving was 27inches, does it really shrink down to 8inches afterwards... that is some serious shrinkage if it does!!

Would love to see piccies of how they look!! :D
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Re: my method of wriggles roving

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:42 am

Squidgy wrote:Wicked method hun, onr question, if the roving was 27inches, does it really shrink down to 8inches afterwards... that is some serious shrinkage if it does!!
yea that does seem a lot! unless you mean they're double ended so it would be 27" down to 16"? even that seems a lot though.

also, please consider this rule:

"-Spelling and Grammar: This is an international forum and not everyone's first language is English. To make it easier for us all to communicate happily with each other please make the effort to spell words correctly and do not purposely misspell words or use text speak in posts because it is apparently cool to do so. Firefox has an add-on called "dictionary" which contains a spell checker, also F7 may work for some people as a spell checker"

text tlk is hard for some of us to grasp ;)
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

Return to “Roving & Wool”