Curly loose falls?

GeeWxy

Curly loose falls?

Post by GeeWxy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:30 am

Hello!

I searched but didn't find the topic. Sorry if this is a double!

I had a bag of deep purple silky hair sitting around so I tried to make curly falls with it. It worked alright most of the time, but I kept burning myself and sometimes the hair just wouldn't curl.

My method: I cut the handle on a broom into five parts. I put the hair on my little rig above the sink so I had my loop, then wrapped the hair around the broom stick. I twisted the hair together a little then wrapped it around the stick. From there I poured boiling water on the hair, but that resulted in me getting burned a billion times. I set the hair out to dry on the counter while I moved on and did the next one. When I ran out of sticks, I pulled the stick straight out of the dryest one and continued on.

Does anyone have a better wxy that might save me from having blisters on my hands? :lol:

Elstaro

Re: Curly loose falls?

Post by Elstaro » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:04 am

Im not sure about a better way to curl the hair, the way your doing it now is how I would do it are you using ShapeShifter Professional Monofiber That stuff might be easyer to curl.
have you thought about using Bulk Synthetic Silky Curls or Bulk Synthetic tape Curls to make curly loose falls? being that the hair is already curled you dont have to worry about burning yourself.
I poo rainbows ^_^

Jynx

Post by Jynx » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:44 pm

Using a steamer instead of boiling water would probably help. They'd also dry a lot faster, I'd imagine.

BeautifullyChaotic

Post by BeautifullyChaotic » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:43 pm

Steam sets hair better than hot water, especially in bulk.

Doesn't stop the blistering though.

Have you thought of dipping the hair into a pot of hot water with tongs, letting it sit for 10 seconds, and then removing it?
Teri

The Business Blog for the Young and Crafty
More Than Lemonade - http://morethanlemonade.com

Cool Hair for Cool People Since 2000
Beautifully Chaotic Designs - http://beautifullychaotic.net

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:52 pm

I use an oversized curling iron and boiling water. Make sure the iron is UNPLUGGED. Wrap the dread around the iron to form the curl you want, secure it, and dip it in boiling water carefully. Set it in the clean kitchen sink to dry.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”