Liquid Gold bonding glue removal

blu3linn

Liquid Gold bonding glue removal

Post by blu3linn » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Heya

I'm sure you all know about the liquid gold bonding glue. I have actually never had it in my hair myself, as i am very opposed to putting glue in my hair. So my question is: how easy/hard is it to remove with the proper liquid gold bond remover? Does it leave a mess?

Please share with your experiences.

thanks!

IKickShins

Re: Liquid Gold bonding glue removal

Post by IKickShins » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:27 am

Your hair will be oily from the remover, but it washes out easily with shampoo. The only real mess left behind will be little stray bits of glue in your hair.. you'll be able to work those out within a few days.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

dare2wear

Post by dare2wear » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:02 am

ive only glued in small pieces of wefts and streaks of hair but removing was quite easy. not a long lasting solution though.

Valentine319

Post by Valentine319 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:32 am

I've used LG quite a bit. First of all there are 2 types. One is a glass bottle and one is a plastic bottle. The glass bottles with the new plastic black and white labels tend to be the original version of LG but new formula. It's more runny, you need to leave the cap off for 24 hours to let it thicken. Shake several times over the next 12 hours then install. The LG in the plastic container is different. It doesn't last as long and does not like to remove.It becomes tacky after a bit, like sticky goo stuck in your hair.

As far as removal. I have never had luck with removing LG with the companies remover. While in the shower using pure acetone in a haircolor bottle will loosen the wefts to remove them. They come right out. I then coat the wefts in goo be gone and a bit of warm water to make cleaning them easier. Any clumps of goo left in your hair tend to remove when you use goo be gone or C-22. I use goo be gone, wet my hair, coat in conditioner and goo be gone. Wrap in a towel and leave 15 minutes it tends to make combing the left over.

I wash my wefts with dishsoap if i use goo be gone on them since it leaves an oil residue. I install regular LG with unconditioned hair. i flat iron my hair, i then section and use some hairspray to take care of strays and install. I use flat clips to hold it, cover with hair and use a flat iron to make it sizzle and stay longer. It tends to make my install last 4-5 weeks.

Sorry for including more than necessary just wanted to help. Oh, I don't clean my wefts with acetone, I'm afraid of the damage pure acetone might have on hair and wefts if you leave it too long.

lysis

Post by lysis » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Valentine319 wrote:As far as removal. I have never had luck with removing LG with the companies remover. While in the shower using pure acetone in a haircolor bottle will loosen the wefts to remove them. They come right out.

Oh, I don't clean my wefts with acetone, I'm afraid of the damage pure acetone might have on hair and wefts if you leave it too long.
thank you! i was just thinking about this (I saw LG on ebay for just 5 $ incl. shipping but no remover and I know how cosmetics industry likes to make their products appear rocket science even when they have the most simple ingredients... maybe you get what I mean)

I was thinking trying one of those acetone free nail polish removers with natural oils and what not could be also a nice idea.

you probably should be careful about acetone on your hair too often because I used to change nail nail polish color every 2 days and the acetone really strips all oil/"moisture" off my nails when I was removing it so now I'm literally waiting for the nail polish to chip off by itself haha (instead of using acetone - but once in 2 weeks or so wouldn't be that bad...)

throwmolotovs

Post by throwmolotovs » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:26 pm

I'm using Salon Pro bond glue, the grey latex stuff that smells like fish. will acetone work for that too?

kyandii

Post by kyandii » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:30 pm

throwmolotovs wrote:I'm using Salon Pro bond glue, the grey latex stuff that smells like fish. will acetone work for that too?
I found that came out really easily with just conditioner and a bit of a pull.

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”