Ways to keep loose KK from tangling?

PepperDreads

Ways to keep loose KK from tangling?

Post by PepperDreads » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:00 am

Sorry about all the posts, I seem to be on a wig and extension frenzy right now..anyways, I bought some Sassy Collection KK jumbo braid hair from Sally Beauty Supply, and I can't keep the stuff from tangling and becoming ratty. The same is with the Sassy Collection wefted Tokoyolon synthetic weaving hair. I tried a leave-in conditioner called Biotera by Naturelle for synthetic and human hair extensions. Only to find I wasted money on it. Is there any good quality type of hair, or a product out there?
there are plenty of fish in the sea, but to many sharks..

LittlePinkFaery

Re: Ways to keep loose KK from tangling?

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:03 pm

Yep there is something great for de tangling- dashboard spray for cars, and it comes in great smells!

Basically it is sillicone and it helps by coating with plastic...it makes sense, it is plastic hair :)

Braid the hair when not using it and store in a bag (the need it comes in are useful to keep).

PepperDreads

Post by PepperDreads » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:00 am

Thanks! I've seen a video tutorial on doctoredlocks channel on youtube, and I found out there was a way to take the "kink" out of kk jumbo braid hair, which will help greatly in the process :D There is a certain store here in town that sells all kinds of synthetic hair in all colors, (the only one here, so that I can have longer hair once I go buy some spray! :i2: (Im really picky when it comes to the length of my hair for some reason :i9:) I'm going to pick up some of that on my next payday. It's so much better than going out and spending a fortune on human hair and then dying it to the color I want. That and If I ever get tired of the loose hair, I can just dread it (which happens all the time) But I dunno if I do decide to do that if the spray would affect the dread making process..?

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:00 pm

I don't recommend wearing kk as extensions, you will never keep it de tangled! It is best for falls or making dreads or braiding in.

You can straighten it by pouring boiling water over it :)

PepperDreads

Post by PepperDreads » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Good point. I can't even remember how many times I've tried wearing loose kk for extensions. I've even tried Tokeyolon weaving yaki hair, and that stuff last for about 2 days befor it tangles up. And apparently that stuff was meant for weaving, as it's on a track. So I shall give up my fight with KK, except for making dreads, which will save me tons in the long run! :i2: I've been thinking of Shape Shifter from IKickShins.net, but it's so pricey. I guess thats what you pay for great quality. It's all worth it though. :D

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Fabric softener detangles wigs and doll hair. It could most likely be used on KK as well:

http://www.divinecaroline.com/beauty/ha ... tangle-wig

strandzofadiva

Post by strandzofadiva » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:01 pm

KK is designed specfically for braiding, twist and dreaded styles the coarse texture accomodates this. To reduce tangling when applying once removed from package drap the hair over the top back of a chair; a simple chair like a fold up, not elaborate like a wing back; the chair should hold the hair so that you can pull the hair like one would cotton candy , pulling only what is needed and apply.

Toyokalon can be used for braids, twist or extensions; all Toyokalon is not created equal it greatly depends on the company. A good grade will be soft and silky to the touch and tangling can be easily managed by applying children detangler spray.a dab of hair lotion or a mositure rich mousse the later two will leave a slight oiled look to the hair where the detangler spray won't. Toyokalon comes loose and wefted. Handle the loose in the same manner that you would the KK by drapping it over the back of chair when applying.

Sleeping in any type of synthetic hair is where most will experience the most tangling; to offset this effect sleep on a silkly texture pillow case; friction plus cotton/cotton-polyester blend equal major frizz/kink and knots. Prior to bed Spritz with detangler and gather hair into a pony tail this will aid in keeping the hair staionary and reduce friction while to sleep.

Toyo- Can be worn loose
KK- Cannot
Yaki- means coarse textue
Hope this is helpfull to many

My Wordpress blog: Strandzofadiva

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”