Advice on at-home installation

Deadbeat007

Advice on at-home installation

Post by Deadbeat007 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi, everyone. =)

I recently had a miscommunication with my stylist, and she ended up cutting my hair into a short, layered bob (longest strands are at the chin, and the back is much shorter and graduated). My hair had been shoulder-length, and I'd just wanted a bit of a trim -- I was aiming to grow my hair longer. I've enjoyed this short cut for a few weeks just for its novelty, but it's hard to style and looks bad more often than good. I've been aiming toward getting some fusion hair extensions.

Currently:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2738/imag0381hb.jpg

I purchased Remy human hair extensions at Sally's. I've been browsing Doctored Locks and am planning on buying the necessary tools for a full head of fusions. I'll be doing all this at home, but I'll have a hair stylist friend assisting me. I'm sure this won't be a perfect application, but I'm giving myself a good two or three days to slowly and carefully apply these extensions.

My questions:
1) What tools will I need to apply fusion extensions at home?
2) What tools will I need to remove these extensions?

Because my hair is so short, I'm planning on having a professional cut and blend the extensions afterward. Fingers crossed...!

Deadbeat007

Re: Advice on at-home installation

Post by Deadbeat007 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:26 am

I referenced a ton of videos and bought the following from Doctored Locks:

1. A heat wand
2. Keratin bonding tips
3. Hair seperators

I plan on pre-tipping the hair at night and then attaching them to my head the following day. Hopefully I didn't screw anything up. :x

empty_smiles

Re: Advice on at-home installation

Post by empty_smiles » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:15 pm

bond remover doc provides a recipe on her site

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”