Shapeshifter!

mmvctr

Shapeshifter!

Post by mmvctr » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:15 pm

hi everyone :)

i plan on doing a full head of shaeshifter extensions (with linkies). i've never worked with bulk hair before, and hopefully someone else can help me figure out how much i need. i'd be using the 48" and folding it over.

i emailed doctored locks and they said that 6-10 bags would be good. at almost $20 a bag, i'd be better off getting human hair.

i really want to try ss, but i don't want to waste my money on something a) fake and b) i can't return.

thanks!

VixenSingsBlack

Re: Shapeshifter!

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:53 pm

mmvctr wrote:hi everyone :)

i plan on doing a full head of shaeshifter extensions (with linkies). i've never worked with bulk hair before, and hopefully someone else can help me figure out how much i need. i'd be using the 48" and folding it over.

i emailed doctored locks and they said that 6-10 bags would be good. at almost $20 a bag, i'd be better off getting human hair.

i really want to try ss, but i don't want to waste my money on something a) fake and b) i can't return.

thanks!
I think SS will actually last you longer than human hair because it's hardier. So if it's something you plan to do multiple times, you may be better off with SS.

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:06 pm

It would depend on what color you are doing, if it's an unnatural color, you will get much more wear out of it than human hair because the colors won't fade. Shapeshifter is really nice! It also holds style amazingly! No falling curls! Take a look at some of our tutorials, maybe that will help you make a decision. http://www.doctoredlocks.com/catalog/ShapeShifter/

mmvctr

Post by mmvctr » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:25 pm

my hair is platinum blonde. i wouldnt be getting an unnatural color, just something to match my hair.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:22 pm

I don't think the quoted 6 to 10 bags is correct. If you think about it, the amount of hair you get in the bag, 3 bags would equal a rather thick ponytail. Folded over, it would be twice as much. I only put in I think 24 extensions and the sheer weight of those 24 pieces was enough to give me a major headache. It is rather heavy stuff too, but oh my god it's so beautiful :O

AntaresJB

Post by AntaresJB » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:42 am

I did a linkies full-head install of Shapeshifter a few years back (shortly after it came out) -- I used the 48" hair cut in half and pre-tipped, and overall I think I used about 2 and a half packs (it was three different shades so I can't say for sure), so I think 6 bags would be definite overkill unless you're going for mega mega crazy full volume. :)
-- Antares J. Barr --
Like chicks with acoustic guitars? Check out my music on Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/antaresjb

mmvctr

Post by mmvctr » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:45 am

thank you! i was gonna say... that sounds like an awful lot! i figured it would be less but i really hadn't heard about how much was necessary until now.

after talking to a few people about it, i think i'm going to go with human hair. i tried to bleach my roots for the first time by myself today and i REALLY messed up, and i can't find anyone competent willing to help me out with linkies, so having something on a track already and not all over the place will be so much easier.

thank you all for your help again, and i cant wait to start exploring this forum! haha :)

mmvctr

Post by mmvctr » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:50 am

AntaresJB wrote:I did a linkies full-head install of Shapeshifter a few years back (shortly after it came out) -- I used the 48" hair cut in half and pre-tipped, and overall I think I used about 2 and a half packs (it was three different shades so I can't say for sure), so I think 6 bags would be definite overkill unless you're going for mega mega crazy full volume. :)
your install was beautiful! every time i googled ss i came across your post and got so excited.. "my hair's gonna look like that!" you seem to have had a really good experience with it and honestly i had a few questions for you specifically - did you put them in yourself, or did you have some helping hands? did it ever start frizzing up?

i think the lack of information is making me infinitely more curious ahahaha

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”