Help! First time extension/Manemaxx user

AyresTempo

Help! First time extension/Manemaxx user

Post by AyresTempo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:30 am

I've never had extensions before, and I wanted a strand by strand method that wouldn't kill me, so I went with Manemaxx. I only bought the melting pot with the tembond, and purchased the hair separately. I bought 3.5 oz of virgin brazilian hair from ManeDepot, 16-18" weft. First, for some reason I thought that that size means that the longest hair extends to around 18", with many shorter hairs around 16". Instead, this hair was slightly over 16" at the longest, with a LOT of shorter hairs (all ranging from 2"-14"), so that my ponytail looks extremely thick, but I don't have enough of the longer hair to blend in with my own hair. For reference, my own hair is around 14-15". Because of all the short hairs, my install looks really ratty and I have no idea what to do with it. I am thinking about going to a stylist to trim it, but it looks like in order to make it look nice, we'd have to take off enough for it to be the same length it is naturally.

So my questions are:
1. Is that how hair sizes work?
2. What should I do now? (I did install all the hair and using as much of my own hair as I could without showing the bonds) Should I buy another type of hair that won't have all the short frizzy hairs?
Last edited by AyresTempo on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NirvanaMarie

Re: Help! First time extension/Manemaxx user

Post by NirvanaMarie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:28 pm

That is what 16''-18'' is suppose to mean. Most of the hair is 16'' with some of it going to the 18''. It's a quality issue. Good quality hair should follow this. I would recommend getting another brand. We carry Boyhme and Goddess that are both pretty true to the length they claim.

As far as your hair feeling stringing, it really depends on your hair type. Strand by strand works really well for some people, but isn't the greatest option for everyone. Personally, I do linkies track weaves in mine. It gives a much fuller look.

I typically do extensions in the winter because they make you run a little warmer ;)

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”