Problem removing latex glue

lurker

Problem removing latex glue

Post by lurker » Sat May 07, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi,
I used latex to glue in my last set of extensions and found it relly easy to apply plus the bonds were very secure. However when I came to remove them, using the latex bond remover, it seemed to turn the latex slimy. Problem was, once my wefts were out it took over a week for the slimy latex residue to leave my hair!

It was like really thick grease coating my hair, and looked and felt pretty awful. I tried regular shampoo, washing up liquid and conditioner left on overnight. I tried combing it out, but that just spread the grease/slime along the length of my hair.

If anyone has any removal tips or insight into what could have gone wrong (unless this is normal for latex?) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Gracey

Re: Problem removing latex glue

Post by Gracey » Tue May 10, 2011 1:42 pm

There are two ways of removing latex glue. One, using the solution, will start to break down the latex into the slimy substance you describe.

The second, and I would say the easiest, is to load up your hair with conditioner or olive oil, working it into the bonds (you are trying to get it between your hair and the glue. Wrap the hair and leave it on all night. In the morning, drag a nit comb (or similar fine-toothed comb) through the hair, removing the glue as you go. To rinse out oil, you would need something geared towards grease. Washing up liquid is perfect but you will probably need to rinse and repeat a few times to get rid of it completely.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Tue May 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Latex's natural enemy is oil. Oil will break down the latex into the gooey substance you're describing. To remove what is left, I'd say soak your hair in olive/canola/whatever oil to further break down the latex. Then you'll need to wash wash wash really well; I'd say use a basic purifying shampoo. Basically, just what Gracey said.

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Thu May 12, 2011 7:02 pm

You could give Liquid Gold a try! The removal is much much easier!

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”